🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christian florist vows Supreme appeal in same-sex war

I admit it, I have discriminated in selling vehicles. There was a lady who had a license but couldn't drive any more. I convinced her she shouldn't buy a car.

How hard is it to say you're going on vacation that week?

View attachment 113492

You're just upset the solution is so easy. Everyone gets to be happy in my solution.
I'm not upset.
And what does your self proclaimed final solution look like in writing.

I don't think you need to put in writing you're going on vacation that week Spanky.

Answer my question!

I tossed a lesbian couple out of my shop and refused to paint their wedding portrait. They sued me and lost.

What compelled this couple to use this florist? Could it be the quality of their work? Are you saying that a fair solution is for these customers to settle for less?

The florist is un business to provide flowers. If they provide flowers for an adulterer, are they then sinning. If they provide flowers for the wedding of a mafia princess, and they know the payment will be made in money gained illegal, are they then sinning. Is it a requirement that merchants and vendors provide a 'mercantile impermatur' to legitimize a wedding? Will the florists be made to actually participate in the wedding? Will they officiate the ceremony? Will they smash a small goblet and shout "Mozel Tov!"? Are they expected to show up at the reception with a toaster oven wrapped in silver paper? Is there a Florist/Bride dance?

These particular florists are using faith as an aegis to provide legal cover for bigotry. Just as they are perverting Christianity to serve an evil purpose, they now seek to pervert the constitution to deny what every other citizens takes for granted, namely equal justice under law.
No one should use religion as an excuse to avoid doing something distasteful. A simple refusal should be enough. The Christian provider is required to commit a sin without cause or justification other than the principle of making someone knuckle under.
A simple refusal is discrimination. Why? Because the business of a florist is floral design. They provide similar services to other customers. Presuming a customer is wearing a shirt and shoes and can and will pay the bill, refusing service because they happen to be Gay is, indeed, discrimination.

And conducting business for a florist is not committing a sin. Where did this peculiar dogma come from? I am a Christian and have been for sixty years. Never has my minister ever admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with Gay customers. Suddenly, some folks identifying themselves as Christians have popped up to twist that beautiful, forgiving and loving faith to serve a vile purpose. As a Christian, I am appalle.
No one has said that Christians are prohibited from commerce with homosexuals. Christians shall not commit a sin rhemselves. Participating in a same sex wedding is committing a sin. The Christian should not be compelled to commit that sin.
They aren't participating. They're vendors of wares.
When the personal attention of the businessperson is required outside of the business premises it has moved beyond being simple vendors of wares.
Florists deliver their wares as part and parcel of their services. Elevating their involvement to that of 'participant' is a cheap rhetorical trick tended to make us believe that they are independent spensible to the ceremony. Meanwhile, have you ever seen a florist at a wedding? No. You see only their products.

Florists deliver their wares as part and parcel of their services. Elevating their involvement to that of 'participant' is a cheap rhetorical trick tended to make us believe that they are independent spensible to the ceremony. Meanwhile, have you ever seen a florist at a wedding? No. You see only their products.

They materially and artistically participate.

I admit it, I have discriminated in selling vehicles. There was a lady who had a license but couldn't drive any more. I convinced her she shouldn't buy a car.
Ok....is that against your state's PA laws?

Don't really care, it protected the public and her. If she chose to buy elsewhere my conscience was clear. It was basically weaponizing a motor vehicle.

No one should use religion as an excuse to avoid doing something distasteful. A simple refusal should be enough. The Christian provider is required to commit a sin without cause or justification other than the principle of making someone knuckle under.
A simple refusal is discrimination. Why? Because the business of a florist is floral design. They provide similar services to other customers. Presuming a customer is wearing a shirt and shoes and can and will pay the bill, refusing service because they happen to be Gay is, indeed, discrimination.

And conducting business for a florist is not committing a sin. Where did this peculiar dogma come from? I am a Christian and have been for sixty years. Never has my minister ever admonished the congregation to avoid commerce with Gay customers. Suddenly, some folks identifying themselves as Christians have popped up to twist that beautiful, forgiving and loving faith to serve a vile purpose. As a Christian, I am appalle.
No one has said that Christians are prohibited from commerce with homosexuals. Christians shall not commit a sin rhemselves. Participating in a same sex wedding is committing a sin. The Christian should not be compelled to commit that sin.
When the personal attention of the businessperson is required outside of the business premises it has moved beyond being simple vendors of wares.
They deliver and set up the arrangements. Just like the baker delivers and constructs the tiers.

They materially and artistically participate.
They do not participate at all. They arrange flowers. For whom those flowers are arranged is immaterial. Do florists provide flowers for Gays who are in the hospital? Are they materially and artistically participating in the hospital stay?

Do florists morally vet all their clients? Is it fitting and proper to check out the personal lives of all their clientele?

They deliver and set up the arrangements. Just like the baker delivers and constructs the tiers.
Right. A long way from participating in the wedding.

Right. A long way from participating in the wedding.
In their opinion they are participating enough to constitute a sin. The issue is not up for vote nor subject to your veto.

I tossed a lesbian couple out of my shop and refused to paint their wedding portrait. They sued me and lost.
Suuuuure.....cool story, bro.
Yep. Lost on a summary judgment.
Real cool story....what state you in?
California. They picked the wrong person. They should have picked someone in the business of portraiture. Once the two and their gay lawyer failed to prove I was in business. It was all over.

They do not participate at all. They arrange flowers. For whom those flowers are arranged is immaterial. Do florists provide flowers for Gays who are in the hospital? Are they materially and artistically participating in the hospital stay?

Do florists morally vet all their clients? Is it fitting and proper to check out the personal lives of all their clientele?

Well people are awfully crazy to pay people who don't participate huh? :lol:

You really can't see the difference between a religious rite and a hospital stay? Sorry, I really can't help your understanding on this subject at all.

Forum List

Back