Zone1 Christian or allegedly Christian religions that disbelieve in eternal punishment (Hell)

Baptism isn't mentioned in this verse. It says you must be born again. When were you born again?
I thought Christians were not supposed to LIE

Where in that passage are the words Born again?

The Scriptures use that term but NOT HERE.

Oh, you are referring to the FIRST psg I gave... John 3;3. I thought you were referring to 1 Peter...

I will look up John 3:3

John 3:3

Jesus answered, and said to him: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:1

Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [emphasis added]

John 3:1

Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [emphasis added]
Water did not change anyone's condition, and it was not the means by which to find God's kingdom. That power resided in spiritual baptism. In one Spirit the saints were baptized into one body, Paul taught (1 Cor 12:13). Water did not do that. Jesus also taught baptism in the Holy Spirit, as we see in Acts 1:5.

Jesus said that unless one is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God (Jn 3:5). In this quip, water, the Greek hudor, is used of the expression and symbol of the believer's identification with Christ, not the medium for or cause of such identification; water baptism is figurative. It is birth in flesh, as context in the verses following John 3:5 make clear, as Jesus elaborated of birth both in the Spirit and in the flesh. He talks of life in flesh and spirit, not in water and spirit.

Context around 1 Peter 3:21 implies the same. Jesus was executed in the flesh but resurrected in spirit (v 18). In verse 20, Peter alludes to Noah, who was never actually submerged in the water. The ark saved Noah, not water. The passing of water over the body does not cleanse anyone (v 21). Baptism is an appeal to God.

For those who believe water baptism saves you, when was the thief on the cross baptized?

For those who believe water baptism saves you, when was the thief on the cross baptized?
baptism in water is the desired (by God) form, and how Jesus was himself baptized.. not that he needed to be baptised but He shows us the Way.

If someone cannot do things as God normally would do them.. I'm sure God is big enough to understand. Also, the thief was likely "in paradise" w/ Christ due to his repentance obviously, but also his intense sufferings. Suffering in and with and for Christ expiates sin. This is something the Catholic Church always taught until the fakers took over the Church in the 60s. Protestants think, apparently, that only Jesus should suffer... ?

baptism in water is the desired (by God) form, and how Jesus was himself baptized.. not that he needed to be baptised but He shows us the Way.

If someone cannot do things as God normally would do them.. I'm sure God is big enough to understand. Also, the thief was likely "in paradise" w/ Christ due to his repentance obviously, but also his intense sufferings. Suffering in and with and for Christ expiates sin. This is something the Catholic Church always taught until the fakers took over the Church in the 60s. Protestants think, apparently, that only Jesus should suffer... ?
Wrong. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin, 1 John 1:9. Show the Scripture that says our suffering wipes away our sin.

It doesn't. I asked you. Explain what you believe. Go ahead.
You protestants are just... Why do I want to say Sick? You try to make Catholics answer even questions they cannot --and no one can --answer, questions only God can answer.

Ask Him. I didn't set things up...

Wrong. The blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin, 1 John 1:9. Show the Scripture that says our suffering wipes away our sin.
St Paul: It is necessary to undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Phil 2:12: Work out your salvation w/ fear and trembling..

Then there's the psg about how those who suffer with Christ will reign with Him

You protestants are just... Why do I want to say Sick? You try to make Catholics answer even questions they cannot --and no one can --answer, questions only God can answer.

Ask Him. I didn't set things up...
So you don't know. Baptism is an outward demonstration of what you believe. The Holy Spirit makes your spirit alive by faith. If you don't believe before you go under the water, you aren't gonna be a believer when you come up. Baptizing a baby is meaningless as far as salvation. Again, Catholics have rites and traditions for which there is no Scriptural basis. Yes, you should be baptized. What saves me? Faith alone in Jesus. I'm sure that you've heard that before. Read your Bible.

St Paul: It is necessary to undergo many hardships in order to enter the Kingdom of Heaven

Phil 2:12: Work out your salvation w/ fear and trembling..

Then there's the psg about how those who suffer with Christ will reign with Him
Work out your salvation, past tense. Either you're saved or you aren't. No way does that mean works get you into heaven. Read the book of Romans. If works got me saved, then Jesus died in vain. Paul also said that. You have to take ALL of the Scriptures, not just the ones you like that endorse your religion. Again, the thief on the cross. Was he saved by works or faith?

Water did not change anyone's condition, and it was not the means by which to find God's kingdom. That power resided in spiritual baptism. In one Spirit the saints were baptized into one body, Paul taught (1 Cor 12:13). Water did not do that. Jesus also taught baptism in the Holy Spirit, as we see in Acts 1:5.

Jesus said that unless one is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God (Jn 3:5). In this quip, water, the Greek hudor, is used of the expression and symbol of the believer's identification with Christ, not the medium for or cause of such identification; water baptism is figurative. It is birth in flesh, as context in the verses following John 3:5 make clear, as Jesus elaborated of birth both in the Spirit and in the flesh. He talks of life in flesh and spirit, not in water and spirit.

Context around 1 Peter 3:21 implies the same. Jesus was executed in the flesh but resurrected in spirit (v 18). In verse 20, Peter alludes to Noah, who was never actually submerged in the water. The ark saved Noah, not water. The passing of water over the body does not cleanse anyone (v 21). Baptism is an appeal to God.
says who ?

you ?

I don't know who you are. I know who Jesus is and I know His Church (which again is NOT the Vatican sect which took over the Vatican in the 1960s)

Work out your salvation, past tense. Either you're saved or you aren't. No way does that mean works get you into heaven. Read the book of Romans. If works got me saved, then Jesus died in vain. Paul also said that. You have to take ALL of the Scriptures, not just the ones you like that endorse your religion. Again, the thief on the cross. Was he saved by works or faith?
you have been protestantized... it's probably hopeless

you have been protestantized... it's probably hopeless
Yep. Just like the apostles and the beginning of the Church, all I need to be saved is faith in Jesus. You should read your Bible. Take down your cross with Jesus on it. He's risen and alive.

Yep. Just like the apostles and the beginning of the Church, all I need to be saved is faith in Jesus. You should read your Bible. Take down your cross with Jesus on it. He's risen and alive.
I know more about Jesus than you probably ever will. You only know about Christianity after Luther came along, not one thing about the years before then... which is 1520 years..

lots you don't know.. But hey... Ignorance is bliss..

Forum List

Back