Zone1 Does this makes sense? Dahmer is (allegedly) in Heaven but Catholics are going to Hell?!

This actually results in a bit of a conundrum. How do you know what Jesus said?
Technically, it can be posited that we don't know.

But as I've stated b4, I have been in Christ's True Presence, found, not surprisingly, in His Church.

It isn't called the REAL Presence for nothing. I feel I never had a good connection with Jesus until a priest told me about the RP

Technically, it can be posited that we don't know.

But as I've stated b4, I have been in Christ's True Presence, found, not surprisingly, in His Church.

It isn't called the REAL Presence for nothing. I feel I never had a good connection with Jesus until a priest told me about the RP
If you Have Real Presence then you don't need the Bible or the Church.

If you Have Real Presence then you don't need the Bible or the Church.
I love the Mass.. uh... when it is celebrated by a sincere priest. I've known some who didn't seem to be that..

But in any case, I am not sure I get your point?

I just think it is extremely ODD

for someone to say that Dahmer went to Heaven. Yes, I know, I'm Catholic and that means I say there is a Purgatory. But still, it sounds SO odd to say he is in Heaven and yet a Catholic who obeys all the laws, goes to Mass every Sunday (maybe daily) and... just because that person is not in a Protestant 'church" that person is "unsaved"... and on his or her way to hell. And I have heard Ninja and others say this kind of thing.. that they will be surprised when I die and get Judged... which can only mean they think I am going to hell..

Well, I will just say this: If I am going to Hell... If I who try to obey Jesus am going, well... you get my drift.. I've heard some exceedingly UN Christian things said on this forum that I myself would not say. That doesn't mean I'm perfect. No one is..

In any case, Jesus said Judge not, lest you be judged... We can no more say that Dahmere is in heaven than we can say he is definitely in hell.

Dahmer's last words before being beaten to death in prison were "I used to eat guys like you for breakfast."
Are you serious? I thought he became a Christian?

Of course, he didn't say he WISHED he could eat the guys for breakfast..

still... weird

I assumed people who know that he was a cannibal and get that it was a joke.
You don't seem to want to answer OP question

Does it make sense that Dahmer would be in Heaven right after death

and practicing Catholics go to hell (which is what Ninja007 implies frequently)

You don't seem to want to answer OP question

Does it make sense that Dahmer would be in Heaven right after death

and practicing Catholics go to hell (which is what Ninja007 implies frequently)
There is no Heaven. Christian theology doesn't make sense anyway even if there's some kind of afterlife.

What if before his last breath he asked for forgiveness and acknowledged his sin?

There is no Heaven. Christian theology doesn't make sense anyway even if there's some kind of afterlife.
still doesn't answer my Q

But actually, I probably should be a pussy and put atheists on Ignore

1717877632145.jpeg

Nothing good can come from any conversation I might have with one of them

God sacrificing Himself to Himself in order to change a rule that He Himself made.
In Catholicism, there is much more to Christ's death than that. One is an example that the perfect sacrifice is not sacrificing an animal to atone for sin; the perfect sacrifice is obedience. Jesus lived a life of perfect obedience. We are to repent of sin and turn to obedience. Jesus (perfect obedience) is the Catholic individual's sacrifice.

Another teaching I find of great value is God showing us how much value he places on us. He values us so much, he gives his life for us and to us. Remember Jesus saying he willingly lays down his life.

In Catholicism, there is much more to Christ's death than that. One is an example that the perfect sacrifice is not sacrificing an animal to atone for sin; the perfect sacrifice is obedience. Jesus lived a life of perfect obedience. We are to repent of sin and turn to obedience. Jesus (perfect obedience) is the Catholic individual's sacrifice.

Another teaching I find of great value is God showing us how much value he places on us. He values us so much, he gives his life for us and to us. Remember Jesus saying he willingly lays down his life.
None of that changes the absolute insanity of God sacrificing Himself to Himself to change a rule that He Himself made.

Forum List

Back