Christians, I Don't Understand This...

But Christ told his followers NOT to call folks a "fool." We're not God.

Well like I said, I'm not convinced about Matt. 5:22. There are too many contradictions in the Bible, like this one:

Matt. 11 13-14 NIV - For all the Prophets and the Law - Bible Gateway

John 1 19-21 NIV - John the Baptist Denies Being the - Bible Gateway

One Scripture says that John is Elijah and the other has John (who was filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:15)) DENYING to be Elijah.

I do believe that God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor. 14:33, KJV) and therefore not the author of everything that is in the Bible.

Peace,
Ofo

Actually,

Well like I said, I'm not convinced about Matt. 5:22. There are too many contradictions in the Bible, like this one:

One Scripture says that John is Elijah and the other has John (who was filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:15)) DENYING to be Elijah.

I do believe that God is not the author of confusion (1 Cor. 14:33, KJV) and therefore not the author of everything that is in the Bible.

Peace,
Ofo

You have to understand the verses to be able to figure out if they are contradictory.

You neither understand them..nor are they contrary to each other.

13 [a]If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

I think 'God is that man standing over there named Yeshua' qualifies. :)

Wow, so you're a Jew who just comes out with your feelings that Jesus was worthy of death and not the Messiah? I wish more of you all were just honest about those feelings.

Do you also believe, like the Talmud says, that Jesus is in hell "burning in excrement?"...

I'm not a Talmudic Jew in point of fact but a Scripturalist sort. Judaism didn't begin with Talmud, that came much later. While I don't believe the religious idea(s) of God, I believe in God. While I don't go to synagogue or practice Judaism I am well-aquainted with it.

Afaik, Talmud doesn't say a thing about Jesus having been written before Jesus' birth.

Sounds more like something from "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" trying to make Judaism look worse than it sometimes is when being completely factual.

Peace,
Ofo
lol.....pretty lame attempt.....most atheists do better than trying something so obvious......

Found it! Deuteronomy 25:11

If two men are arguing and a woman goes between the two, her hand should be chopped off.

Christian sharia.

Which passage is it that says you should cut out the tounge of a woman that interupts a man who is talking?
none, actually.......

Remember your New Testament is just a spin off of the Old Testament. If you can see that this ancient religion was bullshit, why can't you see so is your new and improved religion? In the Old:

topbul1d.gif
Unmarried women were not allowed to leave the home of their father without permission.
topbul1d.gif
Married women were not allowed to leave the home of their husband, without permission.
topbul1d.gif
They were normally restricted to roles of little or no authority.
topbul1d.gif
They could not testify in court.
topbul1d.gif
They could not appear in public venues.
topbul1d.gif
They were not allowed to talk to strangers.
topbul1d.gif
They had to be doubly veiled when they left their homes. 1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
topruled.gif

Women were considered inferior to men:
/shrugs.....you're considered inferior to men and it hasn't stopped you.....meanwhile, I will be glad to review the text you say tells you to cut out the tongue of a woman who interrupts a man talking......

Nope, women weren't, and aren't, considered inferior to men. They are considered different, but of equal value.

Remember Christ appeared first to women when he was resurrected. Esther is hugely revered and respected. Women were healed and miracles wrought almost exclusively for women, either directly (healing and protecting) or indirectly (raising loved ones from the dead, providing for widows).

Ono Ofo, you're wrong again, because you read without wisdom and discernment. Here let me do more of your homework for you:

Romans 16:1-2 I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many people, including me.

That use of "servant" there was translated from the original Greek, diakonos. It is where we get the word deacon.
There is a litany of females who were as highly regarded by Christ and Paul as the men who served. Mary was the first to spread the good news of Christ's return, and Paul put Timothy and Phoebe on the same level. In Christ's church, men and women are equal. He is no respecter of gender.

Good evening, LIAR!...you are still playing your games, I see. I've figured out that I must just ask you things plainly, so (LOL) here's my question:

The Greek for "servant" in John 12:26 is also "diakonos." John 12:26 says, "If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour."

So, is Jesus saying here that everyone who serves him is a "deacon," you God-FORSAKEN LIAR?

So you discount what doesn't suit you? Did Matthew tell you the truth in 23:17 and lie to you in 5:22? You are all over the place trying to mold the Bible to your understanding, which is why you have none.

No, God-FORSAKEN HYPOCRITE, YOU are the one who behaves that way.

First of all, I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN; therefore, I have no obligation to follow the New Testament like YOU, a person who claims to be a Christian.

Second of all, if you are so truthful about not "molding the Bible to your understanding," why did you claim that Romans 9:6 refers to people who are "in" Israel but aren't Israeli, when the following scholars translate the Greek as meaning:

New International Version: "...For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel."
Amplified Bible: "...For it is not everybody who is a descendant of Jacob (Israel) who belongs to [the true] Israel."
Revised Standard Version: "...For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel,"

you God-FORSAKEN LIAR?

Found it! Deuteronomy 25:11

If two men are arguing and a woman goes between the two, her hand should be chopped off.

Christian sharia.
lol, some interruption!......11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts,12 you shall cut off her hand.

Do you have any doubt religion didn't like the women's movement or women's lib?

I actually don't either. The rich saw it coming and fucked us with it. So today it takes both man and wife to work full time to afford to raise a family. Back in the day it just took 1. So now they get 80 hours from 2 people instead of 40 from 1. How dumb are we?

Well actually with the women pastors these days, I would guess that some in the women's movement were actually quite religious.

I'm not a Talmudic Jew in point of fact but a Scripturalist sort. Judaism didn't begin with Talmud, that came much later. While I don't believe the religious idea(s) of God, I believe in God. While I don't go to synagogue or practice Judaism I am well-aquainted with it.

Afaik, Talmud doesn't say a thing about Jesus having been written before Jesus' birth.

But you do believe that Jesus was a false Messiah and that he was worthy of death, right?...if you all are the chosen people of God, WHY ARE SO MANY OF YOU WHO FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT JESUS AFRAID TO CONFESS TO CHRISTIANS THAT YOU FEEL THAT WAY lol?

Ya gotta love it when those who deny any connection to Christianity or Judaism presume to tell Christians how to interpret Scripture.

lol.....pretty lame attempt.....most atheists do better than trying something so obvious......

I see that you don't defeat my assertions but just play silly games. Why don't you address the CONTRADICTION that I cited?
there is no contradiction......the passage isn't claiming he's the OT Elijah......you just made it up and its pretty obvious you just made it up......

This should clear up your confusion.....
Luke 1:11 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God.17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.”

Last edited:
there is no contradiction......the passage isn't claiming he's the OT Elijah......you just made it up and its pretty obvious you just made it up......

How does that change this, LIAR (Matt. 11:13-14, NIV:)

"(13)For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. (14)And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come."

Like I said, your LIES and game-playing only hurt YOU, FOOL.

Last edited:
There are multiple levels of meaning, as with everything in the NT. Here are several.

Explain 1 Corinthians 14 34-35 Blog

This one is the most accurate in context:

As with all other Scriptures, we must read them in context. And the context of 1 Corinthians 14 was about prophesies and tongues. One must remember that it was post-Pentecost. Paul was rebuking the Corinthians for their disorderly behavior when the came together to worship as they were boasting and trying to outdo one another.

Not only the men was disorderly, the women followed the men prompting Paul to rebuke them and reminding them of their creation status. Paul ended chapter 14 by saying, "Let all things be done decently and in order."

To use 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 as a justification to thumb down a woman is nothing less than sinful.
---christan on 1/13/11
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Anyone can MAKE UP anything about what a Scripture "really means." People who do that cannot prove their contentions so what they say are just that, contentions. I stick to specifically to what the Scripture says.

Peace,
Ofo
Be so kind as to explain why Islam teaches that one must murder any one that leaves the religion.

I see that you don't defeat my assertions but just play silly games. Why don't you address the CONTRADICTION that I cited?

Your game playing and LYING hurts YOU, not me LOL.
????...its not my fault you're an idiot......

Be so kind as to explain why Islam teaches that one must murder any one that leaves the religion.

I'm NOT a Muslim, Sir/Ma'am...you should really direct your questions about Islam to Muslims. But Islam does not teach to murder apostates. I am a former Muslim myself; no one has ever threatened my life for leaving their (Muslim) community.

Forum List

Back