Zone1 I say there is more to Jesus's Death on the Cross than salvation

so where's the link about Mother Teresa?

I've read many books and articles on her, NEVER heard of this

I've heard vague insinuations here and there that Mother Teresa was involved in sexually trafficking children, but you'd have to give me some damned hard proof to get me to buy that.

I've heard vague insinuations here and there that Mother Teresa was involved in sexually trafficking children, but you'd have to give me some damned hard proof to get me to buy that.

It's ridiculous.. reminds me of the psg about how followers of Christ will be hated by all - something mentioned in Mark 13:13 and Mt something.. and probably elsewhere

I just read this article after a Search for what that poster claimed, which I have not yet found (MT allowing children to suffer)

This article ha people claiming that mt was more into making Catholic converts than really helping them. Wow, that's news to me bc I heard the EXACT opposite from other of her critics.. and there are so many of those!

Yeh, I heard some Catholics criticizing her because she didn't try to convert people!

That's news for ya... Everything today has to be verified.

But hey, God knows all about M Teresa, doesnt He?

Maybe this is why he said not to judge...

It's ridiculous.. reminds me of the psg about how followers of Christ will be hated by all - something mentioned in Mark 13:13 and Mt something.. and probably elsewhere

I just read this article after a Search for what that poster claimed, which I have not yet found (MT allowing children to suffer)

This article ha people claiming that mt was more into making Catholic converts than really helping them. Wow, that's news to me bc I heard the EXACT opposite from other of her critics.. and there are so many of those!

Yeh, I heard some Catholics criticizing her because she didn't try to convert people!

That's news for ya... Everything today has to be verified.

But hey, God knows all about M Teresa, doesnt He?

Maybe this is why he said not to judge...

Maybe that's why I have always liked her -- because I am not an evangelist. If someone asks me why I choose to be Catholic, I'll tell them, but I'm not interested otherwise in pushing my faith on someone else.

Maybe that's why I have always liked her -- because I am not an evangelist. If someone asks me why I choose to be Catholic, I'll tell them, but I'm not interested otherwise in pushing my faith on someone else.

Jesus said to spread the Gospel

which means telling them about the Church He founded (which promotes the Gospel). People hate us for it but oh well. Jesus said they would

Mk 13:13 etc

I am not speaking for the Catholic Church here. Who knows what any given clergyman would think of what I am saying here?

I just think that, while Salvation is the Number One Reason for Jesus dying on the Cross, there are other things we can glean from said Cross.

When I look @ a crucifix, I sometimes think: Yeh, Jesus... You are still on that Cross because Your people are on various crosses.. (He said we would be "hated by all" because of Him, so there's that in all Christians' lives)

People who say Jesus did it all and there's nothing more to it... are not correct.

Somewhere in the Word it says that we His followers are to "make up for what is lacking in Christ's sufferings"

It isn't just Protestants who are (likely) befuddled by that one. I never understood it myself, to speak of, until recently.

Christians have sufferings Jesus never had.. He was not married, for instance. So married people have crosses He didn't have.. (We all know what a huge cross the former Mrs Kanye West must have had... for example).

Your main difficulty is that Joseph of Arimathea bought his release from Pilate and that there was no crucifixion .

Bit of a nuisance for your story line .

However ,the Essene monk was happy to preach in Asia Minor with his elder son until dying of natural cause in AD 62 .

Your main difficulty is that Joseph of Arimathea bought his release from Pilate and that there was no crucifixion .

Bit of a nuisance for your story line .

However ,the Essene monk was happy to preach in Asia Minor with his elder son until dying of natural cause in AD 62 .
Link? TIA

I am not speaking for the Catholic Church here. Who knows what any given clergyman would think of what I am saying here?

I just think that, while Salvation is the Number One Reason for Jesus dying on the Cross, there are other things we can glean from said Cross.

When I look @ a crucifix, I sometimes think: Yeh, Jesus... You are still on that Cross because Your people are on various crosses.. (He said we would be "hated by all" because of Him, so there's that in all Christians' lives)

People who say Jesus did it all and there's nothing more to it... are not correct.

Somewhere in the Word it says that we His followers are to "make up for what is lacking in Christ's sufferings"

It isn't just Protestants who are (likely) befuddled by that one. I never understood it myself, to speak of, until recently.

Christians have sufferings Jesus never had.. He was not married, for instance. So married people have crosses He didn't have.. (We all know what a huge cross the former Mrs Kanye West must have had... for example).

As a Christian I utterly reject this.

Simply put you cannot be a Christian and believe Christ's sacrifice is not sufficient.

Link? TIA

A library full of links .

But who here is interested in upsetting their entrained world view or checking out the full evidence ?

However , we are near to some very big changes and my "crackpot"version will slowly emerge as something very real .
The Essene Monk unmasked -- as it were .

Forum List

Back