Christians United For Israel

You mean that the cuneiform tablets from Sumer, Ugarit and Dilmun predate Judaism by a few thousand years... or that there is NO archeological evidence for a GLOBAL Flood or the Exodus??

You haven't studied the verses that deal with the dispersion of Noah's sons and his sons children and their tribes.
Ham, Shem and Yefes each went their separate ways and recorded various versions of their families histories, much like the media does today on a daily basis.
Of course, those civilizations are all gone since they had no unifying personalities or a covenant with God.
It's interesting the information to be culled from a careful reading of the Bible and archeological finds.

I have read the Bible many times.. The flood story is taken from a much earlier myths.. Read Samuel Noah Kramer... He spent his whole life translating the texts.

So have I.
That's like saying FoxNews is getting it right and MSNBC is getting it wrong while the person next to you says the exact opposite.
I usually go by who's still around.
The other civilizations are far gone.

Isn't it ironic how Israel's enemies refer to the Bible as a book of fairy tales first written by Jews & then by Christians. But the Koran is the real deal. Ya gotta loive 'em. Heh Heh.

You haven't studied the verses that deal with the dispersion of Noah's sons and his sons children and their tribes.
Ham, Shem and Yefes each went their separate ways and recorded various versions of their families histories, much like the media does today on a daily basis.
Of course, those civilizations are all gone since they had no unifying personalities or a covenant with God.
It's interesting the information to be culled from a careful reading of the Bible and archeological finds.

I have read the Bible many times.. The flood story is taken from a much earlier myths.. Read Samuel Noah Kramer... He spent his whole life translating the texts.

So have I.
That's like saying FoxNews is getting it right and MSNBC is getting it wrong while the person next to you says the exact opposite.

There is ample evidence for all those earlier civilizations... Have you ever been to the ME?

This isn't about one news channel versus another .. its about morality tales and teaching narratives. There have been a number of charlatans along the way.. like Ron Wyatt and his laughable claims..

The themes of the OT repeat themselves... over and over again as a history of the Hebrews.. creating their own rich mythos taken from earlier civilizations. The story is disobedience, God's mercy and redemption.

Do a little research about the Red Sea.. or the Reed Sea if you prefer... about Sodom and Gomorrah .. There's not a shred of evidence for that.. There is ample evidence that the Sinai and Canaan were controlled by Egypt.. and that they had garrisons stationed there.

Look at the topology and size of Sinai.. Its only 135 miles from east to west.

None of the facts should shake your faith ... As for the Tower of Babel.. There were and still are towers all over the ME.. They were watch towers during the day and signal towers at night.

Isn't it ironic how Israel's enemies refer to the Bible as a book of fairy tales first written by Jews & then by Christians. But the Koran is the real deal. Ya gotta loive 'em. Heh Heh.

The Koran has the very same stories... all about the patriarchs ... however educated Muslims know the stories are didactic literature.. and not history or science.

So have I.

There is ample evidence for all those earlier civilizations... Have you ever been to the ME?

This isn't about one news channel versus another .. its about morality tales and teaching narratives. There have been a number of charlatans along the way.. like Ron Wyatt and his laughable claims..

The themes of the OT repeat themselves... over and over again as a history of the Hebrews.. creating their own rich mythos taken from earlier civilizations. The story is disobedience, God's mercy and redemption.

Do a little research about the Red Sea.. or the Reed Sea if you prefer... about Sodom and Gomorrah .. There's not a shred of evidence for that.. There is ample evidence that the Sinai and Canaan were controlled by Egypt.. and that they had garrisons stationed there.

None of the facts should shake your faith ... As for the Tower of Babel.. There were and still are towers all over the ME.. They were watch towers during the day and signal towers at night.
Do you know how many posters here were born or raised in the M.E. or do you think they have never been out of their county and only completed the 3d grade? Myself, why, I've been clean to St. Louis once.

So have I.

Do you know how many posters here were born or raised in the M.E. or do you think they have never been out of their county and only completed the 3d grade? Myself, why, I've been clean to St. Louis once.

Well that's great. Does the board have any geologists or archeologists?

The history of the civilizations .. the movement of people and the geologic formations of the ME are far more complex and actually thrilling than the Bible stories. ...

IMO the Bible stories have huge value but they aren't history or science.

Take a stab at it.. Sinai can't support 2 million people and their herds even today.

The history of the civilizations .. the movement of people and the geologic formations of the ME are far more complex and actually thrilling than the Bible stories. ...

Take a stab at it.. Sinai can't support 2 million people and their herds even today.
The bible stories give people belief and faith. Archeology and geologly have a way of reinforcing peoples belief, not always disproving it. Get real.

The bible stories give people belief and faith. Archeology and geologly have a way of reinforcing peoples belief, not always disproving it. Get real.

Faith is spiritual.. its not science.. Archeology and Geology ground us in natural law and reality.

A scientist doesn't pervert scientific findings to reinforce spiritual mythos.

Do you know any geologists? Have you studied tectonic plates? How about just narrow your focus to Jericho? Its 900 feet below sea level... its 11,000 years old and there is NO flood sediment.

Abraham purchased a field in Hebron, not the whole town.

Genesis 23: 7-9
This penchant for going back to the Bible or the Qur'an or whatever in order to make property claims is absolute nonsense from top to bottom.

America doesn't value that direction in any way. And, we NEVER have. Nor is that seen as legitimate by the nations of the UN.

Private property doesn't belong to a religion and it doesn't become free for the stealing simply because some ancient text says someone of a different ethnicity, religion, or whatever once lived there.

Faith is spiritual.. its not science.. Archeology and Geology ground us in natural law and reality.

Do you know any geologists? Have you studied tectonic plates? How about just narrow your focus to Jericho? Its 900 feet below sea level... its 11,000 years old and there is NO flood sediment.
The only plates I study are dinner plates. I believe in the Great Flood. Archeology doesn't prove otherwise. Maybe Jericho had a big dome over the city. Or they swept up the debris.

Nonsense. The Bible gets high respect in Islam. Islam sees Jesus as one of the most important prophets.

Neither the Jews nor the Muslims see Jesus as being a god or part of a god. In that quite significant respect, Muslims and Jews are more closely related than are Christians and Jews.

Beyond that, it's really stupid for us to focus on religious differences. Religious differences are very difficult to solve, obviously. Plus, our nation is founded on the belief that those differences are to be ignored when we work together in the context of government.

What we have to offer is ideas on secular government, humanitarianism and possibly economics. If you want to laugh about religious differences, go find a comedy board.

The only plates I study are dinner plates. I believe in the Great Flood. Archeology doesn't prove otherwise. Maybe Jericho had a big dome over the city. Or they swept up the debris.

Both archeology and geology prove there was no global flood.. It was very likely a severe flood in the River Basin of the Tigris and Euphrates .. which is very flat.. and happened in 2900 BC.

There is a lot of sediment evidence of a major flood event in the spring.. fed by snow melt from the mountains and unseasonable rains.. The flood footprint is 150 miles wide and 350 miles long to the south.

The King's lists from the time indicate there was a king of Sumer who hauled grain, beer and livestock downriver on barges... Evidently it last six days and the Barges ended up in the Persian Gulf since the estuaries south of Basra were at flood stage.

So have I.

The Bible in it's original Hebrew is a far richer text than the rather poor King James "translation".
There are still plenty of technologies to be developed in the science of archeology and interpreting texts of the ancients.
The interesting facet of this discussion is that you see a lack of evidence as a fact as opposed to a lack of evidence being exactly that...a lack.
The findings in medicine in the last 10 years have totally changes our view of things as simple as being a personal trainer to things as complicated as being a brain surgeon.

And you are correct in that people, individuals and groups, make the same mistakes over and over.
If God's creation were perfect, it would be Godlike.

Both archeology and geology prove there was no global flood.. It was very likely a severe flood in the River Basin of the Tigris and Euphrates .. which is very flat.. and happened in 2900 BC.

There is a lot of sediment evidence of a major flood event in the spring.. fed by snow melt from the mountains and unseasonable rains.. The flood footprint is 150 miles wide and 350 miles long to the south.

The King's lists from the time indicate there was a king of Sumer who hauled grain, beer and livestock downriver on barges... Evidently it last six days and the Barges ended up in the Persian Gulf since the estuaries south of Basra were at flood stage.

Yes, I like this thinking out of the box...much more talmudic than following dogma.
The Bible describes what happened and people keep inserting their own facts as opposed to keeping to the text.

Wrong. Israel is a Jewish State and if you don't like that you can go to another nation - even an Islamic State - there are many to choose from. - Jeri
America doesn't believe in that direction.

We believe in stuff like our first amendment, the notion of equal representation, etc.

Today, there are nearly 2M non-Jews in Israel and America stands for the proposition that they have full rights of equality.

My point was that if Israel and West Bank are unified, there would be one nation with 6m Jews and 4m non-Jews, with the non-Jew population growing at a faster rate than the Jewish population.

Any apartheid laws related to being a "Jewish nation" will be seen for what they are and there will be continued pressure for their removal. It may be a long fight for freedom, but in America our black minorities have made progress even though they are a far smaller minority than would be Muslims in a greater Israel.

Yes, I like this thinking out of the box...much more talmudic than following dogma.

The Bible describes what happened and people keep inserting their own facts as opposed to keeping to the text.

The Jewish sages said that when science trumps scripture.. science wins.. That's as far back as Rambam.. as far as I know...Those old guys were not fools.

Faith should NOT be threatened by science.........

The Jewish sages said that when science trumps scripture.. science wins.. That's as far back as Rambam.. as far as I know...Those old guys were not fools.

And the sages themselves were rather well versed in the sciences as they always need the latest information to answer the questions of their contemporaries.
That's why we have always embraced technology.
There's actually lots of science that changes our laws, especially when it comes to the technology of cooking.

Wrong. Israel is a Jewish State and if you don't like that you can go to another nation - even an Islamic State - there are many to choose from. - Jeri
America doesn't believe in that direction.

We believe in stuff like our first amendment, the notion of equal representation, etc.

Today, there are nearly 2M non-Jews in Israel and America stands for the proposition that they have full rights of equality.

My point was that if Israel and West Bank are unified, there would be one nation with 6m Jews and 4m non-Jews, with the non-Jew population growing at a faster rate than the Jewish population.

Any apartheid laws related to being a "Jewish nation" will be seen for what they are and there will be continued pressure for their removal. It may be a long fight for freedom, but in America our black minorities have made progress even though they are a far smaller minority than would be Muslims in a greater Israel.

And I'm sure that Syria, Jordan and Egypt will welcome Jews with open arms.
But first they have to welcome Christians with open arms.

And the sages themselves were rather well versed in the sciences as they always need the latest information to answer the questions of their contemporaries.

That's why we have always embraced technology.

There's actually lots of science that changes our laws, especially when it comes to the technology of cooking.

I take it that you are Jewish... Intellect should not be squashed by mythos. Bravo.

Forum List

Back