Christians, What's Your View On Smoking, Drinking, and Gambling?

Well I don't smoke or gamble and the reasons are that I don't want health problems and it's tough to stop once I start (smoking) and gambling is called gambling for a reason because it's a gamble and you're more likely to lose money than win it,.. (although I sort of like the lottery I have to admit XD) but I do drink occasionally,.. just not so much that I would get drunk for two reasons; one,.. I believe it's a sin, two,.. I'm not interested in throwing up all night and having a hangover the next day.
Smoking causes cancer, aneurism, strokes, early death leaving children without a responsible parent.

Drinking alcoholic beverages causes poor judgment, vehicular homocide, child neglect, incest, spouse abuse, suicide, cirrhosis, divorce, dishonesty, and loss of respect.

Gambling causes fiscal shortages and frequently loss of real estate, bank accounts, failure to pay taxes. None of the consequences are beneficent to self or others, including winning which can lead to boasting, false feelings that luck will never run out, and an increase of gambling, which ultimately cause ruin and self-hating, divorce, loss of college funds for family children, and brutal beatings, ruined credit ratings, dishonesty, and ill will.

All three can cause selfishness and egocentricity that blind someone to reality and life.

The risks aren't worth the investment in noxious substances and a 80% chance of fiscal ruination in the case of gambling, imho. Christians are susceptible to all of the above. That's why Christian pastors are wise to teach their flock to avoid such idle pastimes. And I pray for the world's people to ask God to help them lick their vice.

Forum List

Back