🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Christians: Worry About Love First, not Gay

*I completely realize this doesn't apply to all Christians so please take note!

To love one another unselfishly was Jesus's only commandment.

With that as a given, if you aren't actively working to become a completely loving person in every way ("working", because no one's perfect), I’m going to go ahead and say that you (based on Christian teachings) are bound for the same hell as all of the so called “sexual sinners”, etc.

If you’re a Christian, I feel like you should focus on mastering his one commandment first before worrying about all of the other sins.

Just my two cents.

Right Wing Christians aren't "traditional" Christians. Right Wing Christians hate a lot of people. Gay, poor, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, Atheists.

You only have to spend some time on the USMB to know that for a fact.

Then they come back with "We don't ALL hate". OK, perhaps there are a few dozen that don't.

You are wrong again rdean. We love all people, including you. We don't want you to be enslaved to politicians or bureaucrats. and we pray for you to come to a knowledge of the truth.

How can you spout nonsense you learned from "brain washing" and call it "truth"? The politicians we are enslaved to are Republican politicians because of an ignorant base that votes white.

Who would vote for people who blocked the BP investigation after what they did to the Gulf?

Who would vote for a "pioneer of outsourcing"?

Who would vote for people trying to deny millions of Americans health care?

Not Democrats.

How can you spout nonsense you learned from "brain washing" and call it "truth"? The politicians we are enslaved to are Republican politicians because of an ignorant base that votes white.

Who would vote for people who blocked the BP investigation after what they did to the Gulf?

Not Democrats.

When I start spouting nonsense, I'll let you know.

I know it is hard for you to understand, but most of us don't think it terms of race. We think if terms of ideas and freedom.

If you want things investigated, why do you oppose Investigating the countless Scandals of the current administration?
If you are against outsourcing, why do you want us to outsource our responsibilities to a bureaucrat?
If you don't wany to deny millions of Americans why do you support Obamacare which has kicked more people off health insurance than any previous act of Congress?

When are you going to stop thinking in terms of political party and become a force for good in the world? I guess probably when you recognize that there is good. And the best way to do that is to come to know Jesus Christ. I invite you to read the scriptures sometime. I invite you to talk to the Lord your God and Father. Come to know Him and you will see miracles. The greatest one being the change of your heart.

Last edited:
My reference was this:
Selfishness: The Opposite Of Divine Love

How about this one:
"Pride is self-importance and self-focus -- which leads to selfishness which is selfish thinking and selfish acting -- which is the opposite of Jesus' command of agape love" (John 13:34)

Doesn't that say sort of the same thing?

So your were disingenuous when you used quotation marks implying the verse came from PHILIPPIANS 2:3-4 .

Now we both know it didn't.

At this point I can't trust any Bible verse you cite because once again John 13: 34 doesn't say anything about pride.

John 13:34

34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Lol, actually just looked again and you're right. That was an interpretation. Obviously an honest mistake (or I wouldn't have provided you the website so directly).

Did the same thing with pride:
Pride and Selfishness

There lies your biggest problem.

Taking another's interpretation as gospel.

Read the Bible not just someone's interpretation and not just one verse without context.

I think you're misguided. You seem to think the being selfish is inherently bad.

Here's a good read for you.

Why Selfishness is a Good Thing

I tend to disagree with the article. Anything “good” you can accomplish by being selfish, you can also accomplish being entirely unselfish. The only difference is that when you’re entirely unselfish the results are most always going to be a lot better in the long run for the whole.

Your article is all about making things better for the person and not the whole (I mean, the website is entitled "personal growth"):

"Good Selfishness doesn’t place the interests and well-being of others above one’s own, but recognizes that other people’s well-being contributes to one’s own. This is why Good Selfishness promotes respect, consideration and kindness."

Lol, this is telling people to only do things because "you'll get something back in the end". Is that the best motivator? What happens when there's nothing in it for you? That's not how I like to try to live my life. You?

Good, is subjective. What may seem good to you may not seem good to me or anyone else.

Good, is subjective. What may seem good to you may not seem good to me or anyone else.

Always, though?

Would you ever classify a world that lives in harmony, where all are well fed, taken care of, and peaceful something that is bad (or not good)?

Personally, I think there are some concepts that most all will consider "good".

Always, though?

Would you ever classify a world that lives in harmony, where all are well fed, taken care of, and peaceful something that is bad (or not good)?

There will never be a world that lives in harmony where everyone is well fed and taken care of and where there is peace.

You're living in a fantasy world.

Always, though?

There will never be a world that lives in harmony where everyone is well fed and taken care of and where there is peace.

I didn't ask you whether or not you thought that was possible, I asked you whether or not you considered that a "good" or "bad" scenario.

Not Democrats.

When I start spouting nonsense, I'll let you know.

I know it is hard for you to understand, but most of us don't think it terms of race. We think if terms of ideas and freedom.

If you want things investigated, why do you oppose Investigating the countless Scandals of the current administration?
If you are agains outsourcing, why do you want us to outsource our responsibilities to a bureaucrat?
If you don't wany to deny millions of Americans why do you support Obamacare which has kicked more people off health insurance than any previous act of Congress?

When are you going to stop thinking in terms of political party and become a force for good in the world? I guess probably when you recognize that there is good. And the best way to do that is to come to know Jesus Christ. I invite you to read the scriptures sometime. I invite you to talk to the Lord your God and Father. Come to know Him and you will see miracles. The greatest one being the change of your heart.

Countless made up scandals? If there was something there, they would have found it by now. If you want to know what a REAL scandal looks like, check out Crispie.

We pay for government. We elect them into office to represent us. We expect help when we are over whelmed. Stop with the ignorant bullshit.

And quit trying to make out that substandard crappy insurance helped anyone. Someone wrote that all insurance has hospital coverage. After I posted links proving they didn't, they just stopped responding.

Just look at the truth and stop with believing the brainwashing.

Today's Republicans are so dumb, they believed Bush when he lied and refused to believe him when he told the truth. Lies are all they want.

With that as a given, if you aren't actively working to become a completely loving person in every way ("working", because no one's perfect), I’m going to go ahead and say that you (based on Christian teachings) are bound for the same hell as all of the so called “sexual sinners”, etc.

If you’re a Christian, I feel like you should focus on mastering his one commandment first before worrying about all of the other sins.

Just my two cents.

Why say Christians? Muslims are the ones putting gays to death in their barbaric countries. Christians aren't doing that! Heck they are saving the the hardship and misery of being married! :badgrin:

Just my two cents.

Why say Christians? Muslims are the ones putting gays to death in their barbaric countries. Christians aren't doing that! Heck they are saving the the hardship and misery of being married! :badgrin:

I definitely are not a "defender" of Islam. And as an American the Christian/gay issue is much, much more relevant in my life. I believe only like less than 3% of the population here is Muslim.

Always, though?

I didn't ask you whether or not you thought that was possible, I asked you whether or not you considered that a "good" or "bad" scenario.

I consider it bullshit. Ask a question about a scenario that is possible.

Just my two cents.

I definitely are not a "defender" of Islam. And as an American the Christian/gay issue is much, much more relevant in my life. I believe only like less than 3% of the population here is Muslim.

Why do you care how Christians think or feel?

How is their belief affecting you?

How about we scale things down a bit and consider a small town. Are you saying it's not possible that all in the small town can work together in relative harmony, live peacefully, and assure that all are fed?

This scenario is not possible?

If it is possible, do you consider that "good" or "bad"?

You said all good is subjective; I'm challenging that.

How about we scale things down a bit and consider a small town. Are you saying it's not possible that all in the small town can work together in relative harmony, live peacefully, and assure that all are fed?

No it's not possible because everyone has a different sense of what is harmonious and peaceful. I may find that blaring hard rock through my speakers late at night is peaceful and brings me harmony, my neighbors would probably disagree.

Good is subjective. You may think that spanking your children is good for them, other parents think it's harmful.

It's not possible

Neither here nor there
Not very well with this example

No it's not possible because everyone has a different sense of what is harmonious and peaceful. I may find that blaring hard rock through my speakers late at night is peaceful and brings me harmony, my neighbors would probably disagree.

Good is subjective. You may think that spanking your children is good for them, other parents think it's harmful.

A situation where a neighbor is blaring rock music and bothering others is not harmonious. Notice I didn't say a town where everyone was indulging in whatever selfish pleasure they wished; I instead said a town that is living harmoniously, in peace, and where all are well fed.

"Harmonious" usually means that all people are conscientious of their neighbors, and in most situations I don't think blaring rock music late at night generally will fit that bill.

A situation where a neighbor is blaring rock music and bothering others is not harmonious. Notice I didn't say a town where everyone was indulging in whatever selfish pleasure they wished; I instead said a town that is living harmoniously, in peace, and where all are well fed.

"Harmonious" usually means that all people are conscientious of their neighbors, and in most situations I don't think blaring rock music late at night generally will fit that bill.
So laws would be necessary to curb some people?

So laws would be necessary to curb some people?

I don't know, did I say that?

Forum List

Back