Church pastor, janitor shoot out

Right we need lots of people with concealed carry permits so they can stop the criminals with carry permits. Sounds like a great way to sell guns. Not sure how it is good for society however.

See Brain....the bad guys will get guns when they want or need them.....the mass shooters....a lot of them went through legal means to get them....and then used them for evil career criminals and terrorists....get them through illegal means...

the only people who don't get them when they are illegal......good people.....who are the victims of bad people with guns, and knives, and clubs, and gangs.......

I want the good people to have a chance at protecting themselves....why don't you?

Yes the bad people who have concealed carry permits. The gun companies love this stuff. You want to arm the bad guy and the good guy.

No, the gun companies don't love this stuff.....they like being able to arm good people.......because people like you allow the bad people to get weapons, and attack, rape, rob, beat, stab, torture and murder the good people.......

Don't attribute motives to people you know nothing about ......that isn't fair or right......

Me? 232000 guns stolen each year. That's your people arming them. This guy had carry permit because of your people. It's all you.

And yes gun companies love selling guns.

They love selling guns to good people.....you guys want the good guys unarmed in the face of violent criminals....what is with that? And stolen guns.....I guess you also blame the French magazine for the muslim terrorist attack?

And you need to talk to Kleck before you say most defenses are by criminals.......that is a reach too far....

Kleck said it himself. You posted the quote.

No bill they love selling guns.

You guys are arming criminals. Big difference between want and are. You armed the guy on this very thread.

The French thing isn't a gun issue, it's terrorism. The terrorists are to blame obviously.

He rode easy in the saddle, he was tall and lean
At first you thought nothing but a streak of mean
Could make a man look so downright strong
But one look in his eyes and you knowed you was wrong

He was a mountain of a man
And I want you to know he could preach hot hell or freezin' snow
He carried a Bible in a canvas sack
And folks just called him The Reverend Mr. Black

He was poor as a beggar
But he rode like a king
Sometimes in the evening
I could hear him sing

"I got to walk that lonesome valley
I got to walk it by myself
Oh, nobody else can walk it for me
I got to walk it by myself"

If ever I could have thought that this man in black
Was soft and had any yellow up his back
I gave that notion up the day
A lumberjack came in and it wasn't to pray

Yeah, he kicked open the meeting house door
And he cussed everybody up and down the floor
And then when things got quiet in the place
He walked up and cussed in the preacher's face

He hit that Reverend like a kick of a mule
And to my way of thinkin' it took a pure fool
To turn the other cheek to that lumberjack
But that's what he did, The Reverend Mr. Black

He stood like a rock, a man among men
Then he let that lumberjack hit him again
And then with a voice as kind as could be
He cut him down like a big oak tree when he said

"You've got to walk that lonesome valley
You've got to walk it by yourself
Oh, nobody else can walk it for you
You've got to walk it by yourself"

It's been many years since we had to part
And I guess I learned his ways by heart
I can still hear his sermons ring
Down in the valley where he used to sing

I followed him, "Yes, sir", and I don't regret it
Hope that I'll always be a credit to his memory
'Cause I want you to understand
The Reverend Mr. Black was my old man

You've got to walk that lonesome valley

Read more: Kingston Trio - Reverend Mr. Black Lyrics | MetroLyrics

See Brain....the bad guys will get guns when they want or need them.....the mass shooters....a lot of them went through legal means to get them....and then used them for evil career criminals and terrorists....get them through illegal means...

the only people who don't get them when they are illegal......good people.....who are the victims of bad people with guns, and knives, and clubs, and gangs.......

I want the good people to have a chance at protecting themselves....why don't you?

Yes the bad people who have concealed carry permits. The gun companies love this stuff. You want to arm the bad guy and the good guy.

No, the gun companies don't love this stuff.....they like being able to arm good people.......because people like you allow the bad people to get weapons, and attack, rape, rob, beat, stab, torture and murder the good people.......

Don't attribute motives to people you know nothing about ......that isn't fair or right......

Me? 232000 guns stolen each year. That's your people arming them. This guy had carry permit because of your people. It's all you.

They love selling guns to good people.....you guys want the good guys unarmed in the face of violent criminals....what is with that? And stolen guns.....I guess you also blame the French magazine for the muslim terrorist attack?

And you need to talk to Kleck before you say most defenses are by criminals.......that is a reach too far....

You guys are arming criminals. Big difference between want and are. You armed the guy on this very thread.

The French thing isn't a gun issue, it's terrorism. The terrorists are to blame obviously.

brain, that isn't what Kleck said.....and how is terrorists using obviously illegal guns not an issue. Considering you guys say you can stop criminals and terrorists from
Getting guns with background checks....?

And the bad guy had concealed carry permit. Ouch! Legally armed criminal.

But his permit will be taken for life (and his right to own a gun) while the Pastor will maintain his permit and continue to carry. The proper, societal adjustment has been made ... as it should be.

Arming the bad guy in the first place seems like a pretty big mistake to me.

brain, that isn't what Kleck said.....and how is terrorists using obviously illegal guns not an issue. Considering you guys say you can stop criminals and terrorists from
Getting guns with background checks....?

Kleck:
"This is true because DGUs typically involve criminal behavior, such as unlawful gun possession, by the gun-using victim, who therefore is often unwilling to report the incident."

Sorry but that is what he is saying. No other way to translate the quote.

I don't really know anything about laws in France, nor are all the facts out. You'll have to debate France with someone else.

I've been a "man of God" and have been "packing" for years (not just "these days"). Teaching the Bible doesn't annul a man's right to self defense. This situation is PROOF that all men & women should carry self-protection. Never know when you will need it.
Amen to this. Because the janitor missed after firing his first shot, he only would have continued to shoot until his mission was accomplished anyways. If he dies, its his fault for giving the preacher a reason to take out his own gun. The janitor started this and the preacher finished it which in my opinion is how the story should end.

God bless you and the preacher always!!!

Holly

He rode easy in the saddle, he was tall and lean
At first you thought nothing but a streak of mean
Could make a man look so downright strong
But one look in his eyes and you knowed you was wrong

He was a mountain of a man
And I want you to know he could preach hot hell or freezin' snow
He carried a Bible in a canvas sack
And folks just called him The Reverend Mr. Black

He was poor as a beggar
But he rode like a king
Sometimes in the evening
I could hear him sing

"I got to walk that lonesome valley
I got to walk it by myself
Oh, nobody else can walk it for me
I got to walk it by myself"

If ever I could have thought that this man in black
Was soft and had any yellow up his back
I gave that notion up the day
A lumberjack came in and it wasn't to pray

Yeah, he kicked open the meeting house door
And he cussed everybody up and down the floor
And then when things got quiet in the place
He walked up and cussed in the preacher's face

He hit that Reverend like a kick of a mule
And to my way of thinkin' it took a pure fool
To turn the other cheek to that lumberjack
But that's what he did, The Reverend Mr. Black

He stood like a rock, a man among men
Then he let that lumberjack hit him again
And then with a voice as kind as could be
He cut him down like a big oak tree when he said

"You've got to walk that lonesome valley
You've got to walk it by yourself"

It's been many years since we had to part
And I guess I learned his ways by heart
I can still hear his sermons ring
Down in the valley where he used to sing

I followed him, "Yes, sir", and I don't regret it
Hope that I'll always be a credit to his memory
'Cause I want you to understand
The Reverend Mr. Black was my old man

Read more: Kingston Trio - Reverend Mr. Black Lyrics | MetroLyrics

lol.....sorry but the stoopidest stuff always needs the Mr Singh response >>>

Gun grabbers are such mental cases...............

In New York over the weekend, two cops were shot. The weapon used by the savage was a .44 handgun last sold legally in 1988. The perp a young guy. So the question becomes, how many people have owned this handgun over the past 25+ years??:uhoh3::uhoh3::eusa_dance:

The answer is.........who the fuck knows?:spinner::spinner::spinner:

Stoopid fucking gun grabber mental cases.........particularly in urban area's, no gun law is going to stop a savage from committing a crime/murder because they can get a gun most anywhere for a song at any time of the day/night.

Gun grabbers live in a virtual bubble world..............connect the dots abilities = absent.:tongue-44:

Give the pastor a cigar and a good bottle of fine German wine!!

And people wonder why companies terminate workers by email now...

This is definitely why they don't allow employees to carry.

Hmmm...seems to me an employee...the pastor.... saved lives by carrying at work.....let's say this pastor had declared this church "Gun Free" and followed that......the janitor still would have brought the gun in to kill everyone....right? So how is not allowing anyone else to carry a gun at work going to be a bigger problem....?

Oh yeah....you anti gunners think that when employees are both trying to use the copy machine at the same time they are going to start shooting......yeah....that is how you guys think......

Hmmm...seems to me an employee...the pastor.... saved lives by carrying at work.....let's say this pastor had declared this church "Gun Free" and followed that......the janitor still would have brought the gun in to kill everyone....right? So how is not allowing anyone else to carry a gun at work going to be a bigger problem....?

Oh yeah....you anti gunners think that when employees are both trying to use the copy machine at the same time they are going to start shooting......yeah....that is how you guys think......

Well the janitor had a carry permit and you insist was then obeying the law until this one instance. So if he was law abiding he would not have had a gun.

This is actually big business thinking Bill. Name a single big company that lets you come to work armed. I've known several very pro gun right wing owners who would not let their employees carry at work. Only places you can carry are gun stores and a few small businesses. Big corporations will not have it. In fact those are probably the biggest gun free zones we have.

Well the janitor had a carry permit and you insist was then obeying the law until this one instance. So if he was law abiding he would not have had a gun.

You lost me on this one....what? What do you mean if he was law abiding he would not have had the gun....do you mean because the church was a gun free zone? He went there to commit murder.....

This is actually big business thinking Bill. Name a single big company that lets you come to work armed. I've known several very pro gun right wing owners who would not let their employees carry at work. Only places you can carry are gun stores and a few small businesses. Big corporations will not have it. In fact those are probably the biggest gun free zones we have.

Yes....which is why when you have a workplace shooting, no one can stop the guy who brought the gun to kill people....he is in fact violating company policy...as he murders people....the people following company policy aren't carrying the guns....and are getting killed.....

Much like the French magazine people.....

You lost me on this one....what? What do you mean if he was law abiding he would not have had the gun....do you mean because the church was a gun free zone? He went there to commit murder.....

I believe he went there to work. When he was fired he got mad. And since you legally armed him he had a gun when he got mad and started shooting.

Yes....which is why when you have a workplace shooting, no one can stop the guy who brought the gun to kill people....he is in fact violating company policy...as he murders people....the people following company policy aren't carrying the guns....and are getting killed.....

Much like the French magazine people.....

Ok well you try to make corporations allow employees to be armed. See how quickly the pro gun movement is crushed. How many shootings like this one don't happen because employees aren't armed?

Forum List

Back