Churches Denounce Israel Violence Aganst Christians

But it's the Muslims that invaded the region, and committed genocide upon the Hindus, until they "submitted to Islam". And you won't find the Hindus committing acts of terror such as the bombings in Mumbai that Muslims regularly do.

Look up "saffron terror" (I don't have enough posts to link). Hindus do plenty of terrorism.

I have never heard of a case of HINDUS crossing into pakistan to murder
muslims-----maybe you can find an exception. I have heard of hindus
engaged in terrorism where they lived----especially ethnic TAMILS Sikhs
do it sometimes ---sorta local stuff ------when it comes to massive genocides---
muslims take the cake

Since we're talking historically, hate to say it but Christians were right up there too.

Look up "saffron terror" (I don't have enough posts to link). Hindus do plenty of terrorism.

I have never heard of a case of HINDUS crossing into pakistan to murder
muslims-----maybe you can find an exception. I have heard of hindus
engaged in terrorism where they lived----especially ethnic TAMILS Sikhs
do it sometimes ---sorta local stuff ------when it comes to massive genocides---
muslims take the cake

Since we're talking historically, hate to say it but Christians were right up there too.

I never denied that fact either----BUT since christians
have largely repudiated stuff like the Inquisition and
Adolf -----they have been redeemed. Muslims have
never repudiated their genocides ----and continue
to justify them -----or deny them which is why
I am not all that optimistic about the future. Now--
the BIG BOAST----I was right about the "arab spring"
its turned out to be a BIG BLOODY MESS----and no
justification or blame game is TOO IDIOTIC.
For Iran's little civil disturbance "the brits told
the Iranians to riot in the streets" for syria
"israel instigated it" we got a scapegoat for
mali yet?

Quote: Originally Posted by SherriMunnerlyn
HATE, it has resulted in human rights abuses in Palestine for 65 years now. Why do we hate? That is a deep question. But what we do not is justify human rights abuses by defending the hate that motivates it.

I (irose) am still working on the statement above.
I am fascinated by the 65 years of "HATE" ---
HATE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN

according to the history which sherri seems to "know"---
Palestine was INVADED by jews----sometime in the first
half of the 20th century ----with something like
GREAT ZEAL like the gold rush OUT WEST. but she
comes up with HATE only since 1948. So what was
the RUSH TO PALESTINE all about? ----it had cholera
not gold I wonder if she believes that jews RUSHED
to palestine simply to HATE arab muslims????

anyone???

coyote---you have a habit of repeaing my posts ----and kinda claiming
the notions expressed therein as your own--------AND THEN---claiming
that I am the person MISSING something -------you should read more
carefully

Accept for the last line: Even now there is still Hindu violence upon Muslims and Muslim violence upon Hindu's. Vengeance is alive in both groups.
But it's the Muslims that invaded the region, and committed genocide upon the Hindus, until they "submitted to Islam". And you won't find the Hindus committing acts of terror such as the bombings in Mumbai that Muslims regularly do.
Whatever the Hindus do, it appears that they keep it in Southeast Asia. We don't see any Hindus acting up in the Middle East or Africa. Roudy, do you remember that Muslim woman poster from a southern state in India now living in the U.S., the one who wanted to see 850 million Hindus eradicated just so Islam could rule India?

Accept for the last line: Even now there is still Hindu violence upon Muslims and Muslim violence upon Hindu's. Vengeance is alive in both groups.
Whatever the Hindus do, it appears that they keep it in Southeast Asia. We don't see any Hindus acting up in the Middle East or Africa. Roudy, do you remember that Muslim woman poster from a southern state in India now living in the U.S., the one who wanted to see 850 million Hindus eradicated just so Islam could rule India?
Yeah, the crazy convert to Islam who was married to the so called Atheist?!

Yeah, the crazy convert to Islam who was married to the so called Atheist?!
No, she was born a Muslim, and was the one who would say that when Jesus gets rid of the slimy creatures (Christians and Jews), He would preach Islam. She used to also post on the Pakistan Board and would constantly call the Hindus rats. She was always threatening on that Board that Pakistan had the goodies (meaning missiles) and would be happy to deliver them speedily to India. She was one bloodthirsty woman.

coyote---you have a habit of repeaing my posts ----and kinda claiming
the notions expressed therein as your own--------AND THEN---claiming
that I am the person MISSING something -------you should read more
carefully

It doesn't matter who invaded whom - Hindus have invaded, Muslims have invaded - through out history. What matters is what goes on now. I don't believe in free passes because someone supposedly did it first. That kind smacks of kindergarten.

As far as Hindu's not doing acts of terror like Mumbai - you don't know your history or you choose to ignore it.

29 September 2008 western India bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2007 Samjhauta Express bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2006 Malegaon bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Press Release*:*Here below is a*statement from the Patriarchs and Heads of Churches in Jerusalem, concerning the Israeli police measures on Holy Saturday- May 2013.We, the Heads of Churches in Jerusalem, watched with sorrowful hearts the horrific scenes of the brutal treatment of our clergy, people, and pilgrims in the Old City of Jerusalem during Holy Saturday last week. A day of joy and celebration was turned to great sorrow and pain for some of our faithful because they were ill-treated by some Israeli policemen who were present around the gates of the Old City and passages that lead to the Holy Sepulcher.We understand the necessity and the importance of the presence of security forces to ensure order and stability, and for organizing the celebration of the Holy Fire at the Church of the Resurrection. Yet, it is not acceptable that under pretext of security and order, our clergy and people are indiscriminately and brutally beaten, and prevented from entering their churches, monasteries and convents.We urge the Israeli authorities especially the Ministry of Interior and the police department in Jerusalem, to seriously consider our complaints, to hold responsibility and to condemn all acts of violence against our faithful and the clergy who were ill-treated by the police. We deplore that every year, the police measures are becoming tougher, and we expect that these accidents will not be repeated and the police should be more sensitive and respectful if they seek to protect and serve.We also denounce all those who are blaming the churches and holding them responsible of the Israeli measures during Holy Week celebrations. On the contrary, the Heads of churches in Jerusalem condemn all of these measures and violations of Christians’ rights to worship in their churches and Holy Sites. Therefore, we condemn all measures of closing the Old City and urge the Israeli authorities to allow full access to the Holy sites during Holy Week of both Church Calendars.The Heads of Churches of Jerusalem :+Patriarch Theophilos III, Greek Orthodox Patriarchate+Patriarch Fouad Twal, Latin Patriarchate+Patriarch Norhan Manougian, Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Patriarchate+Fr. Pierbattista Pizzaballa, ofm, Custos of the Holy Land+Archbishop Anba Abraham, Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate, Jerusalem+Archbishop Swerios Malki Murad, Syrian Orthodox Patriarchate+Aba Fissiha Tsion, Locum Tenens of the Ethiopian Orthodox Patriarchate+Archbishop Joseph-Jules Zerey, Greek-Melkite-Catholic Patriarchate+Archbishop Moussa El-Hage, Maronite Patriarchal Exarchate+Bishop Suheil Dawani, Episcopal Church of Jerusalem and the Middle East+Bishop Munib Younan, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land+Bishop Pierre Melki, Syrian Catholic Patriarchal Exarchate+Msgr. Joseph Antoine Kelekian, Armenian Catholic Patriarchal Exarchate. http://en.lpj.org/2013/05/13/a-statement-concerning-the-israeli-police-measures-on-holy-saturday/

Last edited:
The Heads of Churches of Jerusalem :+Patriarch Theophilos III, Greek Orthodox Patriarchate+Patriarch Fouad Twal, Latin Patriarchate+Patriarch Norhan Manougian, Armenian Apostolic Orthodox Patriarchate+Fr. Pierbattista Pizzaballa, ofm, Custos of the Holy Land+Archbishop Anba Abraham, Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate, Jerusalem+Archbishop Swerios Malki Murad, Syrian Orthodox Patriarchate+Aba Fissiha Tsion, Locum Tenens of the Ethiopian Orthodox Patriarchate+Archbishop Joseph-Jules Zerey, Greek-Melkite-Catholic Patriarchate+Archbishop Moussa El-Hage, Maronite Patriarchal Exarchate+Bishop Suheil Dawani, Episcopal Church of Jerusalem and the Middle East+Bishop Munib Younan, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land+Bishop Pierre Melki, Syrian Catholic Patriarchal Exarchate+Msgr. Joseph Antoine Kelekian, Armenian Catholic Patriarchal Exarchate. A Statement regarding police measures on Holy Saturday | Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem

Last edited:
thanks sherri---that was just as useful as
as haitians in the USA-----decades ago---
praising PAPA DOC DUVALIER -----and
iranian jews IN IRAN---or even outside of
Iran ----praising the islamic government
over there now ----and copts trivializing
that violence against copts in egypt
PUBLICALLY -----and syrian christians saying
nice things about ASSAD----and ----chaldeans
who just LOVED Saddam

thanks sherri---that was just as useful as
as haitians in the USA-----decades ago---
praising PAPA DOC DUVALIER -----and
iranian jews IN IRAN---or even outside of
Iran ----praising the islamic government
over there now ----and copts trivializing
that violence against copts in egypt
PUBLICALLY -----and syrian christians saying
nice things about ASSAD----and ----chaldeans
who just LOVED Saddam

This is a statement of heads of churches complaining of violence by Israeli Forces against pilgrims and clerics in Easter weekend celebrations.

MORE About what happened: Early Saturday May 4-- at a time when*Orthodox Christians*were welcoming in Easter with the "Holy Fire" ceremony in Gaza-- tens of thousands of Christians gathered in Jerusalem and "thousands"*of Israeli police officers were deployed*to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. The head of the*National Christian Coalition in the Holy Land*said Israeli security forces were present inside the church itself and on its roof, and prevented many worshipers from getting into the church. As one witness said, these forces "turned a religious occasion into a battle camp scenario." http://mondoweiss.net/2013/05/holdchristians-manhandling-apologizes.html

Last edited:
MORE About what happened: Early Saturday May 4-- at a time when*Orthodox Christians*were welcoming in Easter with the "Holy Fire" ceremony in Gaza-- tens of thousands of Christians gathered in Jerusalem and "thousands"*of Israeli police officers were deployed*to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. The head of the*National Christian Coalition in the Holy Land*said Israeli security forces were present inside the church itself and on its roof, and prevented many worshipers from getting into the church. As one witness said, these forces "turned a religious occasion into a battle camp scenario." Christians denounce Israel's manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulchre on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt

Do you have a BODY COUNT on that "BATTLE" sherri?
the easter season was bloody in many places------unfortunately---
so how many did the Israelis dispatch? anything close to the piles
found in egypt and nigeria?

MORE About what happened: Early Saturday May 4-- at a time when*Orthodox Christians*were welcoming in Easter with the "Holy Fire" ceremony in Gaza-- tens of thousands of Christians gathered in Jerusalem and "thousands"*of Israeli police officers were deployed*to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. The head of the*National Christian Coalition in the Holy Land*said Israeli security forces were present inside the church itself and on its roof, and prevented many worshipers from getting into the church. As one witness said, these forces "turned a religious occasion into a battle camp scenario." Christians denounce Israel's manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulchre on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt

What others do worse is irrelevant. But you knew that already.

What others do worse is irrelevant. But you knew that already.

THIS is a discussion board to discuss Israel Palestine. And I have not read of desths, just violence against pilgrims and clerics, substantial enough to warrant an official apology by Israel to Egypt over attacks on Egyptians.

So what's the deal-eee-o, folks... did we ever hear from the Israelis, explaining why they strong-armed the Coptic priest? If that's already materialized here and I've missed it, my apologies. Any feedback yet from the ones who are accused of doing it?

i.e. - have we heard from both sides yet?

So what's the deal-eee-o, folks... did we ever hear from the Israelis, explaining why they strong-armed the Coptic priest? If that's already materialized here and I've missed it, my apologies. Any feedback yet from the ones who are accused of doing it?

who is accused? did they name the beset security guard who was
trying to get the priest under control? I heard a few words that I
understood -----as "lets go " "move here"------the whole event
seemed to be a crowd getting out of control

:
Israel apologized to Egypt for it. I mentioned that already, and the abuse against an Egyptinan cleric was forever memorialized in a video. Article. Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt.http://mondoweiss.net/2013/05/holdchristians-manhandling-apologizes.html

Last edited:

:
Israel apologized to Egypt for it. I mentioned that already, and the abuse against an Egyptinan cleric was forever memorialized in a video. Article. Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt.Christians denounce Israel's manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulchre on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt

I wasn't asking who made (or did not make) a Diplomatic Apology.

I asked what happened, to trigger the wrestling match in the first place.

People (and nations) apologize all the time for things they're really not sorry for.

The answer to MY question might tell us more about whether such an Apology was actually indicated or not.

So, repeating the question...

Do we yet know WHY the wrestling match materialized - what triggered or prompted it in the first place?

Forum List

Back