Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
It is about time, the police started to crack down on the left lane bandits.
There is absolutely no reason to be in the left hand lane if you are not doing the speed limit. In fact, if you are doing the speed limit in the left hand lane and someone comes up behind you, you should out of courtesy pull over an let them pass.
The only thing left lane bandits do is slow the flow of traffic and created road rage.

Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane
According to citation, she had been driving 63 mph in a 65 mph zone -- but in the left lane. A Maryland woman was shocked after she received a traffic ticket on Interstate 95 -- because it wasn't for speeding.
In fact, she was driving two mph under the speed limit.
Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane | NBC4 Washington

Two words describe the biggest danger on the roads and the most annoying: Old People.

So now Americans can get Punish for OBEY LAW?

Communist takeover is closer than I thought! :clap2:

There is absolutely no reason to be in the left hand lane if you are not doing the speed limit. In fact, if you are doing the speed limit in the left hand lane and someone comes up behind you, you should out of courtesy pull over an let them pass.
The only thing left lane bandits do is slow the flow of traffic and created road rage.

According to citation, she had been driving 63 mph in a 65 mph zone -- but in the left lane. A Maryland woman was shocked after she received a traffic ticket on Interstate 95 -- because it wasn't for speeding.

On a lot of freeways/highways in Texas the left lane is for "passing" only. And where there's only two lanes (in the hill country especially) most sensible folks pull onto the shoulder to let faster drivers pass. It's done as a courtesy and it's appreciated.

I've always felt once you reach say age 70 you should be required to retake the driving test every 3 years. I loved my gram but the older she got the worse her driving became, in the end my dad had to sabotage her car to get her to stop driving, for her safety and everyone else on the road.

That is the law here in Germany. Left lane is only for passing on autobahns.

That's great. I live in MD and that's one of the most maddening things that routinely happens around here.

That is the law here in Germany. Left lane is only for passing on autobahns.

Makes sense that the Left lane is only for passing only. Unfortunately, that is not the way many Americans see it. You have the wanna be State Troopers that will get in the left lane and drive a couple of MPH below the posted speed to try to ensure that no one speeds. This is especially annoying since the unwritten rule is the Speed Limit is Posted speed plus 9 MPH before you get pulled over on the Highways.

Last edited:

Driving under the speed limit impedes traffic and is a violation.

Here, educate yourself.

Traffic Tickets for Driving Too Slowly
Speed Limit is Maximum Speed right? Cannot do faster?

If driver do 64mph is wrong?

Only 65mph is ok?

What if driver do 66mph? She is Speeding no? No ticket for Driver?

No, I think he meant minimum speed limits. Like 55mph, while the speed limit is 70.

I've always felt once you reach say age 70 you should be required to retake the driving test every 3 years. I loved my gram but the older she got the worse her driving became, in the end my dad had to sabotage her car to get her to stop driving, for her safety and everyone else on the road.

I am 62 used to have no problem on the freeways but the older I got the less comfortable I got on them , that why I stay off the interstates and will take the back roads without the speeding 18 wheelers. I get to stop and smell the roses:eusa_angel:

The law she broke wasn't the speed limit. It was the law which mandates the left lane for passing only. Where she got caught on I-95, the highway is 4 lanes wide in each direction. She could have been doing 10 or 20 mph under the speed limit IN ANY OTHER LANE and nobody would have "Boo" to her. And, "left lane for passing only" is well marked.

I am 62 used to have no problem on the freeways but the older I got the less comfortable I got on them , that why I stay off the interstates and will take the back roads without the speeding 18 wheelers. I get to stop and smell the roses:eusa_angel:

I'm 63 and the older I get, the more I like the left lane, the faster I drive and more my old peers get on my nerves.

If you're not passing, get the hell out of the left lane. If you're too scared to drive, get off the fuggin' road.

Gonna get one of these decals for my windshield...

Slower%20Traffic%20Keep%20Right%20Windshield%20Decal%20n065.jpg

Too many folks believe it's their 'prerogative' to slow speeders down. You'll find them in the left lane like this lady, you'll also find them matching up with another going precisely the speed limit, not allowing others to pass. They seem to find their jollies in that.

Surprisingly I've found drivers in IN to be amongst the most considerate, for the most part everyone stays to the right, unless passing, leaving the left most lane open for passing and emergency vehicles.

It has always seemed prudent to me that if someone is speeding up towards my vehicle, I get out of the way. They may get a ticket, (I do hope so), since on the highway I usually am 10-15 mph over the speed limit. I'm not going faster than that, let 'em at it.

Driving under the speed limit impedes traffic and is a violation.

Here, educate yourself.

Traffic Tickets for Driving Too Slowly
Speed Limit is Maximum Speed right? Cannot do faster?

If driver do 64mph is wrong?

Only 65mph is ok?

What if driver do 66mph? She is Speeding no? No ticket for Driver?

Try reading the link before making a complete fool of yourself.

It's a hallmark of statism run amok that people who are obeying the law can be cited for an infraction.

When everyone is a criminal, it's a lot easier to control the unwashed masses.

The woman was cited for driving two miles an hour under the speed limit NOT blocking traffic or driving so slowly as to be a danger to others.

DC gives out 400 traffic tickets an hour. They have to give them to someone.

Forum List

Back