Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane

I fear for my life every time I take to the road and I am behind a slow driver!

...and I will add that slow drivers cover the whole spectrum of age, from young to old ..... they are the real menace to society!

I vaguely remember driving extremely slowly back in my late teens, early 20's. Maybe it was the weed?

Why do you care? It's 2 miles an hour. Are you going to be stuck behind her for an hour, thus increasing your entire trip by 2 minutes?

Horrors!

When the traffic flow is 70-75+MPH, 63 in the left lane IS A HAZARD! Left-lane bandits should be punished...I would be fine were they to get their licences revoked or even jail time. Keep right except to pass! Not complicated!

In fact, if you are doing the speed limit in the left hand lane and someone comes up behind you, you should out of courtesy pull over an let them pass.

That is hilarious even for you. No one has an obligation to get out of your way so you can break the law and endanger others. We need more people to stay in the left lane and do exactly the speed limit. Speeders are killers and maimers.

It's almost impossible to enforce laws for slow driving as there are a million good excuses for it and none for speeding.

Yes, slow drivers are dangerous because they make other people angry.

That's like saying women get hit because they annoy their abusers.

Cripes. Take some deep breaths. Breathe into a bag. You will survive.

But you are wrong koshergrl .... apart from irritate and frustrate other drivers ... slow motorists ARE a real and present danger on the road!

Pshaw. Only if you're driving like an asshole yourself.

Don't tailgate or go faster than you can stop in the room you have. Suddenly slow drivers aren't a menace.
Look dipshit, this thread is about a woman who got a ticket for driving in the PASSING lane and she wasn't passing anybody. Point of thread: if you're not PASSING someone, then get get the hell out of the PASSING lane. Nobody gives a shit that she was just driving 63 mph. It was the fact that she was driving 63 mph in the PASSING lane. Got it now?

It is about time, the police started to crack down on the left lane bandits.
There is absolutely no reason to be in the left hand lane if you are not doing the speed limit. In fact, if you are doing the speed limit in the left hand lane and someone comes up behind you, you should out of courtesy pull over an let them pass.
The only thing left lane bandits do is slow the flow of traffic and created road rage.

Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane
According to citation, she had been driving 63 mph in a 65 mph zone -- but in the left lane. A Maryland woman was shocked after she received a traffic ticket on Interstate 95 -- because it wasn't for speeding.
In fact, she was driving two mph under the speed limit.
Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane | NBC4 Washington

This is great, they should do it more often. it would solve a lot of the problems. traffic, road rage, limit accidents from lane weavers.

In fact, if you are doing the speed limit in the left hand lane and someone comes up behind you, you should out of courtesy pull over an let them pass.

That is hilarious even for you. No one has an obligation to get out of your way so you can break the law and endanger others. We need more people to stay in the left lane and do exactly the speed limit. Speeders are killers and maimers.

No, actually: in many states, you ABSOLUTELY DO have an obligation to move out of the left lane! In at least one state, the law EXPLICITLY STATES that you must do so regardless of speed limit!

Gods, I love 70-75MPH speed limits. :D

Good!

People who block the flow of traffic can cause accidents as well as simply being annoying to other drivers. If you aren't comfortable with the freeway speed, don't drive on it.

They should fine everyone else who drives too damn slow, too.

It's almost impossible to enforce laws for slow driving as there are a million good excuses for it and none for speeding.

This is not about speeding, diipshit. If you can't go the speed limit in a passing lane, get the fuck out of the passing lane.
Simple as that.

If you don't do the speed limit, I am going to come roaring up your arse so damned close you think my car is a trailer.

I've always felt once you reach say age 70 you should be required to retake the driving test every 3 years. I loved my gram but the older she got the worse her driving became, in the end my dad had to sabotage her car to get her to stop driving, for her safety and everyone else on the road.

I am 62 used to have no problem on the freeways but the older I got the less comfortable I got on them , that why I stay off the interstates and will take the back roads without the speeding 18 wheelers. I get to stop and smell the roses:eusa_angel:

I'm 63 and the older I get, the more I like the left lane, the faster I drive and more my old peers get on my nerves.

If you're not passing, get the hell out of the left lane. If you're too scared to drive, get off the fuggin' road.

You tell em Gordon....lol

No, actually: in many states, you ABSOLUTELY DO have an obligation to move out of the left lane! In at least one state, the law EXPLICITLY STATES that you must do so regardless of speed limit!

Gods, I love 70-75MPH speed limits. :D

We have signs here in KC on 470 and 291 that specifically say SLOWER traffic keep right.

Forum List

Back