Citibank into the mix on gun control

Citigroup Enforces Gun Control Restrictions On Customers

if i had a shitibank card, i'd cancel it in protest. :)

After reading the NYT article linked on the article you provided, I called to cancel my Citi card. I kept the NYT article up to quote from. The customer rep answered and asked what she could help me with. (Female voice sounded like she went through a dozen packs of Camel nonfilter a day since 1943).

"Why would you want to do that?" she asked.

I said, "Citigroup is getting in the gun control business..."

She didn't let me finish and broke in, "Oh no we're not. That's not true." She seemed prepped.

I read her the headline of the NYT article and was about to add a few more details when she cut me off again.

"What we're doing is keeping young people from getting automatic weapons."

I asked her if she knew what an automatic weapon was. She said, "A gun that shoots a lot of bullets." I asked her if she new the difference between a machine gun and a semiautomatic firearm. She said, "No."

I went all charming on the Yankee hag and politely told her I'd like to cancel the card. She went through the process and warned me that if I cancel, I may not be able to open a card again. ??? She asked me that twice.

Interesting. Buh by.

right now it's just limiting it to no one under 21 or without a background check, but if CC companies can do this, what's to stop them from expanding it as they see fit?

bottom line is if it's legal in the country i don't see how they can determine NOT to service this sale. more popcorn.
I think the reason you're seeing this trend is that the majority of the people in this country have had enough. Things are going to change, one way or the other.
Well, I put in an entire career in the military because I believe in that document that we call the U.S. Constitution and the First and Second Amendments. And, I also believe that there should be a Civil War to assert those beliefs and drive out the far-left neo-Marxist crap.

right now it's just limiting it to no one under 21 or without a background check, but if CC companies can do this, what's to stop them from expanding it as they see fit?
I don't see a problem with this, and they also don't allow bump stocks.

About the expanding, I'm not sure I would agree with it or not, but it's hypothetical.

Not saying you are of this opinion, but there are people on here who would go so far as saying background checks are a violation of the 2nd amendment and whatnot.

I guess her saying no one should have an ar15 is not saying that.

In other words, you misrepresented her position. Right?

In other words, fuck off, Commie leftist fuck!
You want the ARs? Come get them them yourselves, faggots! Man up bitch! Hope you're ready to back that rhetoric with your ass. There's a shit-ton of real Americans out there. Americans that hunt every year. Americans that know how it is from what their elders passed on to them.

don't bust your keyboard, rambo

no one's coming for your pseudopenis
That's what we hope to avoid, but many are getting tired of the never ending attacks to do just that by lying fascist scum such as yourself.

You want the ARs? Come get them them yourselves, faggots! Man up bitch! Hope you're ready to back that rhetoric with your ass. There's a shit-ton of real Americans out there. Americans that hunt every year. Americans that know how it is from what their elders passed on to them.

That's what we hope to avoid, but many are getting tired of the never ending attacks to do just that by lying fascist scum such as yourself.

tissue, tough guy?

tissue, tough guy?
Tissues will scratch the finish on my firearms so I don't use them.

It's not an attack on the 2nd. It's an attack on excessive firepower in the hands in of an unstable populace that is, for some reason, not being held accountable.
Your reference to an unstable populace is unfairly all-inclusive when the percentage of firearm misuse examples is negligible. Your reference to "excessive firepower" lacks comparative examples; i.e., excessive in comparison to what? And because anyone and everyone who is convicted of a firearm offense is punished, excessively in some examples, your assertion that for some reason they are not held accountable strongly suggests your mindset with regard to guns is negatively biased. In simple terms, I'd say you harbor a fear of and, consequently, an unbalanced prejudice against guns.

If NO crazy people could get their hands on a gun and NO criminals could get a gun, I'd have no problem with everyone else owning a Howitzer. It's not the way it is, though. You guys had your chance. You didn't fix anything at all. So now we'll mop up.
If "crazy people" could get their hands on a lot of dangerous things, and if no criminals could get guns, and if no one ever did anything harmful to anyone else, what a nice world this would be. But a realistic view of of the situation is guns are an intrinsic component of American culture and whether or not you choose to believe it they do far more good than harm in the hands of ordinary citizens.

I suggest that you do a bit of basic research on the outcome of Australia's ban on civilian ownership of firearms. Further, have you been watching what is going on in Western Europe re: the aggressive conduct of invasive Islamic migrants? Why do you suppose the same thing isn't happening here?

About the expanding, I'm not sure I would agree with it or not, but it's hypothetical.

Not saying you are of this opinion, but there are people on here who would go so far as saying background checks are a violation of the 2nd amendment and whatnot.
Make it about BBQ smokers.

Do you want your credit card Co to be able to dictate what you can and can't buy?

Do you want your credit card Co to be able to dictate what you can and can't buy?

Is this unprecedented? Have banks forbidden using credit cards for other items? I really don't know.

bottom line is if it's legal in the country i don't see how they can determine NOT to service this sale. more popcorn.
Juniorocracy

The fatcats are controlled by their Millennial Millie fatkittens.

I predict their business will suffer.

Maybe. Some conservatives will drop them and some liberals will go out of their way to give them their business.

In the future we may have companies that cater to conservatives and companies that cater to liberals. Liberals will do everything possible to destroy conservatives and the companies that cater to them. By and large, liberals are authoritarians who cannot tolerate non-conforming views.

Citigroup Enforces Gun Control Restrictions On Customers

if i had a shitibank card, i'd cancel it in protest. :)

Not sure if anybody's noticed, but there's a major coordinated attack mounted against the 2nd amendment right now.

Google, Facebook, Citibank, certain leftist-run school districts, Youtube (also Google), the media.

I say make them them pay the price for their folly and boycott them.

I know there's a certain something they assume wrongly, but I'm not saying what it is. :eusa_dance: :eusa_naughty:
It's not an attack on the 2nd. It's an attack on excessive firepower in the hands in of an unstable populace that is, for some reason, not being held accountable.
If NO crazy people could get their hands on a gun and NO criminals could get a gun, I'd have no problem with everyone else owning a Howitzer. It's not the way it is, though. You guys had your chance. You didn't fix anything at all. So now we'll mop up.

Old Lady,

1. All humans suffer from some form of mental illness, so to keep firearms out of the hands of crazies, well then you have to do an entire ban...

2. Criminals can obtain forearms through straw purchases or theft or black market sale.

What is my point?

You can stop crazies or criminals, so ypu either ban all firearms or live with the reality people will die...

I'll keep my forearms right between my elbows and hands, thank you very much!

Make it about BBQ smokers.

You hit the nail square on the head. If they can dictate what guns you can buy, they can dictate anything else that they consider their civic duty to control, such as liquor, cigarettes, cigars, fast food, 2 liter soft drinks, etc.

Exactly.

It is absolutely not the place of a financial institution to dictate to its customers what legal goods and services they may buy or sell with their own money. If this policy is not flatly illegal, it is, at best, highly inappropriate and unethical.

Forum List

Back