Citibank into the mix on gun control

Opioid use kills more kids than firearms. Why doesn't Citibank put the pressure where it works on doctors who prescribe the drug indiscriminately when they know their patients are selling it or killing themselves?
While it is true that prescription pain-killers are used recreationally this is nothing new. The fact is the so-called "opiate epidemic" is nothing but a replacement scam for the burned-out "Reefer Madness" scam that brainwashed the majority of gullible Americans for decades while protecting the interests of the liquor and pharmaceutical industries.

Is it true that opioids are addictive and contribute to a substantial amount of sickness and death each year? Yes, it's true. But not nearly as much sickness and death as caused by calories. Just take a look at the expanding waistlines of an increasing number of Americans every year, and research the statistics of obesity-related death and sickness, and you'll see evidence of a truly destructive epidemic.

Opioids don't kill and sicken one tenth the number of Americans that calories do.

Last edited:
right now it's just limiting it to no one under 21 or without a background check, but if CC companies can do this, what's to stop them from expanding it as they see fit?

bottom line is if it's legal in the country i don't see how they can determine NOT to service this sale. more popcorn.
The ‘bottom line’ is this fails as a slippery slope fallacy and illustrates your ignorance and an ignorance of the law common to most on the right.

That a given item might be legal to purchase and own doesn’t ‘compel’ a private company to indeed sell that item, that’s how Citibank is at liberty to not service the sale.

right now it's just limiting it to no one under 21 or without a background check, but if CC companies can do this, what's to stop them from expanding it as they see fit?

bottom line is if it's legal in the country i don't see how they can determine NOT to service this sale. more popcorn.
I think the reason you're seeing this trend is that the majority of the people in this country have had enough. Things are going to change, one way or the other.
Well, I put in an entire career in the military because I believe in that document that we call the U.S. Constitution and the First and Second Amendments. And, I also believe that there should be a Civil War to assert those beliefs and drive out the far-left neo-Marxist crap.
You ‘defend’ the First Amendment yet you would seek to kill those with whom you disagree, where their right to express a different opinion is protected by the First Amendment.

Conservatives are as stupid as they are reprehensible.

I guess her saying no one should have an ar15 is not saying that.

In other words, you misrepresented her position. Right?

I think the reason you're seeing this trend is that the majority of the people in this country have had enough. Things are going to change, one way or the other.
Well, I put in an entire career in the military because I believe in that document that we call the U.S. Constitution and the First and Second Amendments. And, I also believe that there should be a Civil War to assert those beliefs and drive out the far-left neo-Marxist crap.
You ‘defend’ the First Amendment yet you would seek to kill those with whom you disagree, where their right to express a different opinion is protected by the First Amendment.

Conservatives are as stupid as they are reprehensible.

You can speak it all you want, but when you're actively working to take away the rights granted in all the other amendments, you probably should be put down.

Exactly.

It is absolutely not the place of a financial institution to dictate to its customers what legal goods and services they may buy or sell with their own money. If this policy is not flatly illegal, it is, at best, highly inappropriate and unethical.

Not to be argumentative, but one who uses a bank credit card, is actually borrowing the bank's money. Would it be unethical for a bank to prohibit one from using their card in a foreign locale infamous for using children in their brothels?
That would be illegal activity.

How can they stop you from using it for legal items they just dont like? If shootings continue, and they will, what do they stop doing next?

Alcohol does far more harm to society than do guns but, I won't hold my breath waiting for them to ban the purchase of alcohol with their cards. Hypocrites.
I'm a recovering alcoholic so my question is, and? You still used an illegal activity in comparison and that is my point.

They are forbidding the use of their card to buy legal items they just happen to approve of. If this is deemed OK then they can do it again and again to circumvent the entire legal system.

Exactly.

It is absolutely not the place of a financial institution to dictate to its customers what legal goods and services they may buy or sell with their own money. If this policy is not flatly illegal, it is, at best, highly inappropriate and unethical.

Not to be argumentative, but one who uses a bank credit card, is actually borrowing the bank's money. Would it be unethical for a bank to prohibit one from using their card in a foreign locale infamous for using children in their brothels?

How can they stop you from using it for legal items they just dont like? If shootings continue, and they will, what do they stop doing next?

Alcohol does far more harm to society than do guns but, I won't hold my breath waiting for them to ban the purchase of alcohol with their cards. Hypocrites.
I'm a recovering alcoholic so my question is, and? You still used an illegal activity in comparison and that is my point.

They are forbidding the use of their card to buy legal items they just happen to approve of. If this is deemed OK then they can do it again and again to circumvent the entire legal system.

Morality is found inside and not outside. Most people lack the moral gene.

Exactly.

Ooooo k.

Exactly.

No such thing as a moral gene.

No such thing as a moral gene.
I have no idea what he is referring to so I'll wait.

Just to clear up some of the wild misconceptions in this thread:

1. This has nothing to do with what /you/ as a consumer can buy - if you have a Citibank you can buy whatever you want, including bump stocks.

2. This has to do with the "stores" themselves being able to offer consumers a credit card from Citi. Many stores have partnerships with big credit card companies in order to offer a card when the store themselves could not "risk" financing purchases.

3. Citi, via something much akin to "underwriting" (aka lending practices they're willing to accept,) does indeed have the legal right to "dictate" what businesses will be allowed to brand their credit card.

4. Not only that, but Citi can indeed legally dictate what you can and cannot buy on their card. A credit card can dictate what particular stores you can use them at easily - a practice that was wildly popular when I was younger (perhaps not so common anymore due to competition between credit cards.) For example, it used to be if you had a Chevron credit card it was only good at Chevron. Up here we once had a credit card which was good at a number of local businesses but it was useless outside Anchorage itself; aka you could use it at an Anchorage Carrs or SBS, but not a Palmer Carrs or SBS.

That said, by all means, if you are opposed to credit card companies getting involved in knee-jerk political movements, cancel the assholes.

Also, don't forget you'll need to switch your Cabela's card over to a Bass Pro Shop credit card eventually (soonish? We were told they'd start moving folks over an canceling the Cabela's card acceptance possibly this year.)

What ANYONE who cares about freedom should get from this thread has nothing to do with a credit card.

The bigger picture is the intensified movement by Soros and the Progressive Powers to attack gun ownership.
They have launched a massive offensive

YES, there IS an agenda and YES it involves disarming you regardless of the lies saying it's only after this or that and for the safety of the children. ALL lies and manipulation in a shit stew of propaganda.

Since the shooting in Florida where 17 lost their lives, over 1,000 children have lost their lives at the hands of mostly Democrat parents. Another 2,000 have been maimed or injured seriously by drunk drivers or texting drivers.....but there is no massive push to stop either. CLEARLY, it's not lives that matter.......only guns. Every day there are stories of children killed by their own parents. FAR more killings without guns. Where's the outrage?
Woman charged after dead twins found in suitcase along roadside

The goal is to completely disarm ALL Americans. Accept that and fight back.

They push social polices that create sick individuals such as Nicolas Cruz and James Holmes, and vote for relaxation of drug laws and open borders and protection of criminal illegal immigrants....but then attack YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. You should be enraged.

If you don't want the US to go the way of Venezuela or China, you need to be doing MORE. Stop supporting these Progressives. Find out where your money is going that is supporting their agenda and STOP investing in them. I can tell you Carte Blanc, every time you go to a movie and each month you pay for cable TV, Netflix, HBO or watch your sports channel, you are definitely supporting the Progressive agenda.

If your "entertainment" is more important than your freedom, then you are your own enemy.

They are actively turning our children into hoplophobic militants and using them to push their agenda.
THEY ARE SERIOUS. There is no significant opposition. The same story of lack of involvement by the Right that unfolded recently in Venezuela (which now has a dictator).

Get serious now or get ready to be disarmed. The Constitution won't protect you. Your guns can't stop them. Only YOU can protect you....by becoming vocal and active against these people and their agendas.

Last edited:

No their not. Under the new terms of service announcement that is being reported on you can still use your Citibank card to purchase anything that you want.

The new terms of service apply to retailers that want corporate cards issued through Citibank.

The two are not the same.

>>>>

No their not. Under the new terms of service announcement that is being reported on you can still use your Citibank card to purchase anything that you want.

The new terms of service apply to retailers that want corporate cards issued through Citibank.

>>>>
ok - so are they saying they will not allow say an online retailer to sells 30 round mags for ARs to use a Citibank card?

I would see the difference sure, but same net effect in the end.

>>>>
ok - so are they saying they will not allow say an online retailer to sells 30 round mags for ARs to use a Citibank card?

No they're saying that online retailer couldn't "brand" their citi credit card.

It's like... if you go here Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi - Apply Online - That is a "Costco" branded Citi card (Citi issues the card, but Costco puts their name on it.) See also: the Expedia card by Citi Expedia®+ Card from Citi - Apply Online Or NHL® Discover it® Card - Apply Online - The NHL card by Discover. The Hilton card by American Express: The Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express - Apply Online etc.

No, they are saying that corporate entities will not be able to enter into partnerships to issue cards to consumers using Citibanks accounts.

For example, my wife has done/will be doing quite a bit of travel over the next couple of years because she is the Executor of her Mom's estate. So she got an American Airlines Credit Card (you know the kind with the AA logo) and using it for travel provides some "perks" like advance boarding, free checked bag, etc.

The new terms of service are aimed at those types of cards.

Here is another example:

my-best-buy-visa-card.png

Best Buy is the corporation that entered into a credit servicing agreement with Citibank. You get perks from Best Buy for joining their shopper program and using their card, but it's Citibank that is actually servicing the transactions.

>>>>

Forum List

Back