City could be in 'real cataclysmic trouble' if local colleges don't reopen campuses this fall, mayor says to

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Money talks bullshit walks, go ahead and keep these cities and towns closed, how do you live with out jobs?

across the country cities and states are beginning to lay off government workers because there is no money to pay them

The colleges here are major employers in the area. And of course, the students who live here during the school year bring in a lot of added business. Of course it is affecting the local economy with them closed. Same with the public schools.

How can anyone disagree with that?

1589901205592.png

Pretty soon there won't be money to pay the bureaucrats making these decisions either.

*****SMILE*****

:)

University towns have been living in a false world...bringing in more and more students bastardizing the local elections and taking up all of the housing and then the transplanted skulls full of mush vote to stop new construction....now the bars and stores geared to students will surly close for good if the schools don't reopen....I have two big universities near me and the traffic congestion is all but gone....if the students stay home and go virtual I will be one happy camper.....clean up the air....make universities go virtual....

University towns have been living in a false world...bringing in more and more students bastardizing the local elections and taking up all of the housing and then the transplanted skulls full of mush vote to stop new construction....now the bars and stores geared to students will surly close for good if the schools don't reopen....I have two big universities near me and the traffic congestion is all but gone....if the students stay home and go virtual I will be one happy camper.....clean up the air....make universities go virtual....
I had to switch to "virtual" learning with a group of new students who wanted to attend college in the fall, but needed to get their Hi-SET first (that's GED). Not a single one of them has followed through with online lessons and assignments, and it's been two months. Not just a matter of "adjusting," it's a clear indication that new students need the support of a campus and professors and other students to engage with. It has NEVER been recommended that students begin their college careers on line. It's isolated, confusing and requires a herculean amount of self discipline. I see students who have attempted it and failed numerous times.

I had to switch to "virtual" learning with a group of new students who wanted to attend college in the fall, but needed to get their Hi-SET first (that's GED). Not a single one of them has followed through with online lessons and assignments, and it's been two months. Not just a matter of "adjusting," it's a clear indication that new students need the support of a campus and professors and other students to engage with. It has NEVER been recommended that students begin their college careers on line. It's isolated, confusing and requires a herculean amount of self discipline. I see students who have attempted it and failed numerous times.
Interesting.....I guess a few will have to be held up a grade to get with the new program.....

1589916676137.png

I'm sure that if they can't commit there's plenty of jobs as a waitress, ditch digger, pig pen cleaner, gardener, or...

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 338167

Pretty soon there won't be money to pay the bureaucrats making these decisions either.

*****SMILE*****

Imagine, even government workers with guaranteed jobs standing in line at the food bank

or even worse, selling pencils on the corner in the snow

1589917024838.png

Considering how some workers at the court house act that would make my heart just bleed...

*****SARCASTIC CHUCKLE*****

Last edited:
From excess food being thrown away to this, do we live in a false economy?

They got you buying the bait....those govt workers are bad. But the wealthy corporatists are to be worshipped. You just can't figure it out can you? We want more middle class people orkers being hurt while the rich gather it in. They are laughing at you.

There are several areas in Florida that are potentially in deep doo doo if this economy does not reignite. Central Florida area can be hit bad. Get the baby food. The boxed dried kind. It serves more.

Forum List

Back