🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

City Hikes Taxes On Sandy-Hit Houses...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
I'm sure "It's for the Children" again. It always is. ;)

Homeowners in an exclusive waterfront enclave in Brooklyn thought Hurricane Sandy was as cruel a blow as they could suffer — until the taxman proved them wrong.

The city is claiming that property values have actually shot up for many homes in Manhattan Beach and it’s going ahead with hefty tax hikes for the houses devastated by the October superstorm, shocked property owners told The Post.

Homeowners in other neighborhoods hit by Sandy, including Coney Island, the Rockaways and parts of Staten Island, also said they’ve received increases.

“This is totally insensitive and heartless,” said Ira Zalcman, president of the Manhattan Beach Community Group, which has received more than 30 complaints from residents about the hikes.

“We just sustained one of the worst national disasters in our nation’s history, and now the city is delusional, claiming our property values went up.”

Zalcman said that since Sandy, he has spent roughly $100,000 repairing the basement of his Dover Street oceanfront home, for which he pays more than $7,000 a year in property taxes...

Read More:
EXCLUSIVE: Hurricane Sandy damaged homes in New York City see property-tax assessment increases in spite of damage - NYPOST.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Homeowners in an exclusive waterfront enclave in Brooklyn thought Hurricane Sandy was as cruel a blow as they could suffer — until the taxman proved them wrong.

The city is claiming that property values have actually shot up for many homes in Manhattan Beach and it’s going ahead with hefty tax hikes for the houses devastated by the October superstorm, shocked property owners told The Post.

Homeowners in other neighborhoods hit by Sandy, including Coney Island, the Rockaways and parts of Staten Island, also said they’ve received increases.

“This is totally insensitive and heartless,” said Ira Zalcman, president of the Manhattan Beach Community Group, which has received more than 30 complaints from residents about the hikes.

“We just sustained one of the worst national disasters in our nation’s history, and now the city is delusional, claiming our property values went up.”

Zalcman said that since Sandy, he has spent roughly $100,000 repairing the basement of his Dover Street oceanfront home, for which he pays more than $7,000 a year in property taxes...

Read More:
EXCLUSIVE: Hurricane Sandy damaged homes in New York City see property-tax assessment increases in spite of damage - NYPOST.com
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

And, this prove what...exactly?

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

And, this prove what...exactly?

Proves a number of things, none of them flattering to any politicians.
How fucking greedy governments are......
How government could give a crap about the people...
The list is endless.

Is it even possible for an assessor to calculate damage from a storm in Oct 2012 into a valuation people are receiving in Feb 2013?

I didn't even know a property tax assessment could take damages from a natural disaster like that into account, that dude repairing his basement what does the taxman usually show up to check that status of his basement in the final months of the tax year? I've never had any tax people looking around my house.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Have you questioned whether Sandy actually happened? Maybe it was a contrivance of the government to cover up doing some secret military exercises!

Or maybe it happened, but the government used the cover of the storm to do some secret stuff and that's actually where a lot of the damage came from?!

You have to ask questions, man! How are you going to find the truth if you so blindly accept the government/media complex stories about the storm?

Don't be a goose stepper!!!!

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2013®

Have you questioned whether Sandy actually happened? Maybe it was a contrivance of the government to cover up doing some secret military exercises!

Or maybe it happened, but the government used the cover of the storm to do some secret stuff and that's actually where a lot of the damage came from?!

You have to ask questions, man! How are you going to find the truth if you so blindly accept the government/media complex stories about the storm?

Don't be a goose stepper!!!!

Well, at least you're finally thinking. It's a start i guess. I'll take what i can get. :)

This is more about Andrew Cuomo's run for the Presidency in 2016... He has to disarm New York, and not show a deficit by the time he hits the campaign trail. Enjoy it New Yorkers... You voted for it.

Forum List

Back