Civil Disobedience and Terry Schaivo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie said:
Not only that one nurse but the whole staff had a restraining order on Michael because he was getting violent with them. Why none of this was allowed in court by Speer and indeed he put a gag order on all this info.

Damn...

We need to get our State Legislators busy creating laws that protect this woman's rights better than that. With current law on the books, she has been "protected". It is clear it is the Legislating that needs to be looked into.

no1tovote4 said:
She was probably breaking the privacy portion of her contract speaking on TV at all, it isn't likely that she would be allowed to testify in court without putting herself into a certain lawsuit.
I find it difficult to believe that in the 30 some court deals and 15 or so judges, including the federal one here, that no mention was made of this nurse or the staff in any way, shape, or form. at all. whats up with that?

Gem said:
From what I have read there are sworn affidavits from several nurses/nruses aides that have testified that Michael Shiavo made them stop doing things like putting towels in Terri Shiavo's hands to stop them from curling because such actions were "therapy" and he would not allow that.

Also a nurse stated that Terri could eat jello but Michael Shiavo refused to allow his wife to be fed orally, insisting on the feeding tube. And that he was overheard by several nurses saying, "When is she going to die?" "Is she dead yet?" and "When is that bitch going to die?"
again, how did this get by even the federal judge? If a Liberal brought up statements that could only be corroborated by a source you consider biased, would you be screaming conspiracy theory?

dilloduck said:
Still amazed at the vehemence displayed by those who want her dead---she taking up somebodys bed or something?

No. no one 'wants her dead'. Think about this. Why would anyone have any type of a reaction, knee-jerk or otherwise, to any situation?
Personal experience, generally speaking.

However, instead of communicating that, people just choose to argue.
Yeah. Because THAT certainly is a valid response and way to effect change, istn it?

SmarterThanYou said:
I find it difficult to believe that in the 30 some court deals and 15 or so judges, including the federal one here, that no mention was made of this nurse or the staff in any way, shape, or form. at all. whats up with that?

Libs love pushing their agenda of devaluing human life.

Gem said:
From what I have read there are sworn affidavits from several nurses/nruses aides that have testified that Michael Shiavo made them stop doing things like putting towels in Terri Shiavo's hands to stop them from curling because such actions were "therapy" and he would not allow that.

Also a nurse stated that Terri could eat jello but Michael Shiavo refused to allow his wife to be fed orally, insisting on the feeding tube. And that he was overheard by several nurses saying, "When is she going to die?" "Is she dead yet?" and "When is that bitch going to die?"

Gem yes that and much more!! With all this other information out there how can this judge not look into his credibility? Especially in the matter of her life?
If he was truly a loving husband and did absolutely everything in his power to help her before arriving at this decisions I could even concede that at least he may be credible when he says she said she didn't want to live like that, at least he would have more credibility...........When you put it all together it STINKS!!

rtwngAvngr said:
Libs love pushing their agenda of devaluing human life.
its florida, a relatively conservative state and court system. your statement has no relevance here.

no1tovote4 said:
Damn...

We need to get our State Legislators busy creating laws that protect this woman's rights better than that. With current law on the books, she has been "protected". It is clear it is the Legislating that needs to be looked into.

Sigh.........Thank YOU!!!! :hail: Maybe this judge was only allowed by law to look at certain evidence, if that's the case then yes the system protecting her rights is broken and needs fixing, problem is by the time that happens she will be dead!

Bonnie said:
If he was truly a loving husband and did absolutely everything in his power to help her before arriving at this decisions I could even concede that at least he may be credible when he says she said she didn't want to live like that, at least he would have more credibility...........When you put it all together it STINKS!!
why must we insist on everyone behaving in specific and directed ways or we pass judgement on them?

Smarter Wrote:
again, how did this get by even the federal judge? If a Liberal brought up statements that could only be corroborated by a source you consider biased, would you be screaming conspiracy theory?

I have no idea whether it was considered in court or not. You asked what the information was, I said that I had read that there were sworn affidavits from nurses and nurses aides that Michael Shiavo denied rehabilitation, denied oral feeding, and was overheard asking when his wife was going to do.

Is the source biased? I have no clue. If there really are sworn affidavits (I have not seen the actual affidavits so I can not say whether or not they are), then you can decide whether or not they biased or whether or not they are relevant in the way you look at the case, Smarter. Obviously, some people think that the flurry of stories and questions surrounding Michael Shiavo raise doubt as to the veracity of his claim that Terri would have wanted to be starved to death. Others feel that it is simply propaganda...I would be highly interested to see what information was actually allowed in court, and what was never heard.

Gem said:
Smarter Wrote:

I have no idea whether it was considered in court or not. You asked what the information was, I said that I had read that there were sworn affidavits from nurses and nurses aides that Michael Shiavo denied rehabilitation, denied oral feeding, and was overheard asking when his wife was going to do.

Is the source biased? I have no clue. If there really are sworn affidavits (I have not seen the actual affidavits so I can not say whether or not they are), then you can decide whether or not they biased or whether or not they are relevant in the way you look at the case, Smarter. Obviously, some people think that the flurry of stories and questions surrounding Michael Shiavo raise doubt as to the veracity of his claim that Terri would have wanted to be starved to death. Others feel that it is simply propaganda...I would be highly interested to see what information was actually allowed in court, and what was never heard.
I don't know if you've seen this site or not but it appears to be a unbiased site mainly dealing with florida issues and the 11th district court. With so much on the schiavo case the put alot of info together including court documents. http://abstractappeal.com/schiavo/infopage.html

SmarterThanYou said:

It appears from previous posts that this was squelched and could not be entered into evidence.

Gem said:
Smarter Wrote:

The judge in federal court was only allowed to see the same information the lower state court was using, so in effect this was only a hearing to see whether or not the Schindlers can reopen the case with all this additional information, that of course was denied, and he said as much in his briefing when he wrote that based on the infor mation givne him he could nto warrant a new look at the case.

Jerry Falwell was an irritant, he didn't scare me really...
Many of you folks on this board do. The next thing you'll allow me to do is the missionary position.
BUTT OUT!!! Get the hell out of my and others lives! Go to church, pray, be happy...THEN GO THE HELL HOME and leave everyone alone!

MyName said:
No. no one 'wants her dead'. Think about this. Why would anyone have any type of a reaction, knee-jerk or otherwise, to any situation?
Personal experience, generally speaking.

However, instead of communicating that, people just choose to argue.
Yeah. Because THAT certainly is a valid response and way to effect change, istn it?

Personal experiance or they just are afraid it will happen to them

SmarterThanYou said:
why must we insist on everyone behaving in specific and directed ways or we pass judgement on them?

The same thing you are doing to Bonnie? I don't know, seek the answer within yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back