Clarence Thomas Signals Willingness to Overturn Obergefell v. Hodges

Did you not see this coming? I did.
No doubt they’ll be canceling women’s right to vote next.

The right of women to vote is based not a Supreme Court Decision, but on a Constitutional Amendment. It cannot be repealed by the courts.

I don't mind a little panic on your part. It's actually entertaining.

But, try and remember middle school civics.

Nope. Now you’re just expressing concern that it might not pan out to be another stupid nothing for you libtards to shrilly whine about.
Cry it all out, crybaby.

The gay marriage case will go to SCOTUS. And the bought and paid for right wing crazies will overturn the ruling.

JUsT lEAvE iT tO the StAtEs

Good for Clarance Thomas. Marriage laws have always been under stare authority.

Ain’t ever gonna happen.
That’s what I thought about Roe…but if precedent no longer matters, then why wouldn’t it happen? This court’s conservatives have no problem taking away established rights.

That’s what I thought about Roe…but if precedent no longer matters, then why wouldn’t it happen? This court’s conservatives have no problem taking away established rights.
You're confused....again. This court is simply removing what should be left up to the states. Marriage and abortion are not addressed in the Constitution. Anything not addressed in the Constitution is up to the states. Let each state decide on abortion and queer marriage. No one is losing any so called rights. Absurd.

So are you saying that many people are still wringing their hands and clutching their pearls over the fact that gay people can marry?
People ignore what they cannot change. They don't let the objectionable into their lives. Give them an opportunity to vote and it's a whole other experience. That's why same sex marriage failed in California. California of all places, who would have thought that.

You're confused....again. This court is simply removing what should be left up to the states. Marriage and abortion are not addressed in the Constitution. Anything not addressed in the Constitution is up to the states. Let each state decide on abortion and queer marriage. No one is losing any so called rights. Absurd.

How do you have a marriage recognized in one state and prohibited in another?

People cross state lines in their lifetimes

How do you have a marriage recognized in one state and prohibited in another?

People cross state lines in their lifetimes

Though I don't condone SSM I agree this is more difficult. An abortion is a (hopefully) one time event whereas a marriage is a legal status you keep for decades. That's why I think it's here to stay federally though again millions of us know it's not a marriage.

The right of women to vote is based not a Supreme Court Decision, but on a Constitutional Amendment. It cannot be repealed by the courts.

I don't mind a little panic on your part. It's actually entertaining.

But, try and remember middle school civics.

If women could be stripped of their right to vote this nation might be saved. As it is....

Forum List

Back