Clarence Thomas Signals Willingness to Overturn Obergefell v. Hodges

Good for Clarance Thomas. Marriage laws have always been under stare authority.
Not really. Interracial marriage isn’t. Nor are the benefits given by the federal government to married couples. We don’t have a patchwork of laws where marriages recognized in one state aren’t in another.

I do not hate gay people. I could cite example but why bother? But their marriages are not marriages.
Some people refuse to recognize marriage between different religions or races, and it doesn’t really matter, as long as they aren’t enacting laws that discriminate. It is an individual thing and if you don’t want to recognize it that’s your freedom.

Nope. And if you're going to cite the law, realize at one time the law in the US and many other places in the world stated you could own human beings.

The law is not always correct.

Doesnt make your relationship any more valid than anyone else’s

The law you celebrate is based on a hatred of gays and the validity of their relationships

How do you have a marriage recognized in one state and prohibited in another?

People cross state lines in their lifetimes
Gee, I don't know. It's only been that way since colonial days. Maybe it's kinda like a driver's license. What do you think?

Not really. Interracial marriage isn’t. Nor are the benefits given by the federal government to married couples. We don’t have a patchwork of laws where marriages recognized in one state aren’t in another.
I didn't say anything about recognizing. How about age, waiting period, fees, marrying a cousin, etc. All different from state to state.

Last edited:
Gee, I don't know. It's only been that way since colonial days. Maybe it's kinda like a driver's license. What do you think?
A Drivers License from one state is recognized in all

Marriage License is the same

Doesnt make your relationship any more valid than anyone else’s

The law you celebrate is based on a hatred of gays and the validity of their relationships
I believe marriage is a male and female. Nothing to do with hating queers.

I didn't say anything about recognizing. How about age, waiting period, fees, marrying a cousin, etc. All different from state to state.
Yes, but not marriage itself. A person legally married in one state is recognized in all and no state can ban interracial marriage or likewise, same sex. Ultimately, all marriages recognized by the state and federal government are civil.

Yes, but not marriage itself. A person legally married in one state is recognized in all and no state can ban interracial marriage or likewise, same sex. Ultimately, all marriages recognized by the state and federal government are civil.
Agree. So no one is going to lose their "rights". See, you've just affirmed that the left is hyperventilating over nothing.

How about each state vote on abortion and queer marriage. Let the people of each state decide. Democracy.

Agree. So no one is going to lose their "rights". See, you've just affirmed that the left is hyperventilating over nothing.

How about each state vote on abortion and queer marriage. Let the people of each state decide. Democracy.

Let the people vote on what rights others are allowed to have?

Cry it all out, crybaby.

The gay marriage case will go to SCOTUS. And the bought and paid for right wing crazies will overturn the ruling.

JUsT lEAvE iT tO the StAtEs
I know the thought of any interference in your lifestyle scares you. But you can relax. Nobody is coming for your gay rights. You and your boyfriend are safe.

That’s what I thought about Roe…but if precedent no longer matters, then why wouldn’t it happen? This court’s conservatives have no problem taking away established rights.
Precedent still matters. Bad precedent never should. The court legislated an alleged right to slaughter the innocent unborn. The court may fix that error.

Forum List

Back