Classical liberalism

Not an original thought by any libertarian or anarchists on this OP.

No where can they show that the president cannot administer the program in his capacity of office.

Never an original thought from most libertarians, it's an ideology written in a paragraph:

"I've got mine, I'll keep mine and no person, no law has the right to take it from me. I am most important and what I earn is mine and no one can make me share. I don't care what others do as long as they don't bother me. I've got mine, fuck the rest of you."

And Nazis like rainbows.

I guess it really doesn't even register with you does it? Believe it or not, some of us don't want a caretaker government.

Then don't vote for candidates who support one

Those who want a government that cares about the needs of the people will vote for candidates who support their view

Sure, yeah. But you seem to spend a lot of time pretending that the other view simply doesn't exist, or is somehow irrational. Like this, for example:

That is the way things work in this great country

The way things ought to work is what we're debating. Simply declaring "this is the way it is" doesn't resolve the debate. You believe in the supreme power of majority rule, others of us believe the minority should be protected from the unfettered will of the masses. We can debate which is better, or you can just keep claiming that it's "the way it is".

That is why his is such a great country....debate away, convince others of your opinion, elect representatives who support your views

If you believe our current government is contrary to the Constitution, take it up with the courts
Just stop pouting because most of the country does not support you

Not an original thought by any libertarian or anarchists on this OP.

No where can they show that the president cannot administer the program in his capacity of office.

Never an original thought from most libertarians, it's an ideology written in a paragraph:

"I've got mine, I'll keep mine and no person, no law has the right to take it from me. I am most important and what I earn is mine and no one can make me share. I don't care what others do as long as they don't bother me. I've got mine, fuck the rest of you."

And Nazis like rainbows.

Of course they do. And modern day LOLberals rest their principles and philosophy on individual liberty.

:rofl:

I guess it really doesn't even register with you does it? Believe it or not, some of us don't want a caretaker government.

Those who want a government that cares about the needs of the people will vote for candidates who support their view

why would you want a government to care for you???? Didn't you get enough love as a child?

Yeah, I had the same reaction. If anyone has ever posted a more blatant admission of the naked desire for big mommy government, I can't recall it.

why would you want a government to care for you???? Didn't you get enough love as a child?

Yeah, I had the same reaction. If anyone has ever posted a more blatant admission of the naked desire for big mommy government, I can't recall it.

What is the purpose of government? Why do people band together to form communities? Why did the wagon trains in the 19th Century hire a guide and work together on a common goal (why didn't most take their family and go it alone)?

What should be done if one's home is on fire, their parent or child stopped breathing, a man was stalking their daughter?

What is the purpose of government? Why do people band together to form communities? Why did the wagon trains in the 19th Century hire a guide and work together on a common goal (why didn't most take their family and go it alone)?

What should be done if one's home is on fire, their parent or child stopped breathing, a man was stalking their daughter?

Actually the reason for a federal government was defense and for making interstate and foreign trade more streamlined.

I want to be able to work for a living with decent wages.
I want to be able to get sick without going bankrupt.
I want to be able to smoke what I want.
Drink what I want.
Be free of meddlers and spies.
Eat a big ass burger.
Drive down the road without being pulled over and searched at bullshit fascist checkpoints.
Be sure my investments are at least somewhat safe.
Own a gun(s).
Not submit to arbitrary authority.
I want to be free of religion.
I want my vote to count.
I want to say whatever it is I want to say in a reasonable tone.
I want villains to be jailed even if they are billionaires.
I want my neighbor to have all these things as well even if he believes different.

What does that make me? Never mind, keep your labels, it makes me an American.

Classic left today, IWANT I WANT IWANT IWANT and if that means it is forced through the Government, so be it
this is why this country is DOOMED more people WANT

Last edited:
I want to be able to work for a living with decent wages.
I want to be able to get sick without going bankrupt.
I want to be able to smoke what I want.
Drink what I want.
Be free of meddlers and spies.
Eat a big ass burger.
Drive down the road without being pulled over and searched at bullshit fascist checkpoints.
Be sure my investments are at least somewhat safe.
Own a gun(s).
Not submit to arbitrary authority.
I want to be free of religion.
I want my vote to count.
I want to say whatever it is I want to say in a reasonable tone.
I want villains to be jailed even if they are billionaires.
I want my neighbor to have all these things as well even if he believes different.

What does that make me? Never mind, keep your labels, it makes me an American.

Classic left today, IWANT I WANT IWANT IWANT and if that means it is forced through the Government, so be it

Not if forced by government ....They want it to be forced by government.

Ok, this is interesting, and I think worth discussing in its own right: Do you see these questions as the same? Or at least pointing to the same answer?

I think this is significant point of misunderstanding between liberals and libertarians. You seem to see government and community as synonymous, and therefore any criticism of government as a criticism of community. And libertarians don't see it that way. You can have a community without any state government at all. It might not be optimal, but it can work that way.

We see government as a supporting tool to make community possible, but not a means of 'running' community. See the difference?

Forum List

Back