Classical liberalism

I see your brainwashing is complete. :lmao:

It took four undergraduate years, two years of grad school and a 32 year career in public service. You required only a light rinse, applied a few hours a day by talking heads and Disc Jockeys.

But thanks so much for proving once again that you know very little and have less to report.

A career in public service? I knew you were a tick on the ass of society. BTW, everyone who works serves the public. This bullshit about "public service" is purely a pretension. The fact is that ticks don't serve the public. They mostly just annoy the public and suck off the public.

Well Mr. Dumbest of the dumb, what career path did you follow?

I wonder if there really are definitions for liberal, conservative and so forth, or are those terms open ended and we make up our own definitions? In short, does each poster first create his own definition then use it to name call? More playground stuff.

Our Constitution does not contain the words "limited government" what it does contain is broad guidance on how our government should be constructed and what the roles of each branch are

Today's liberals, like the so called classical liberals want one thing out of government......do what needs to be done

Simple concept that has worked for 200 years

Regardless of your interpretation of history, or the founders 'true' intent, so-called classical liberals decidedly don't want government to 'do what needs to be done'. They want people to decide for themselves what needs to be done and do it voluntarily. Government is, primarily, a means of coercing conformity.

To be clear, I'm not interested in tedious fights over the definition of terms, but there are two very real, and very different, perspectives at play here. Pretending they are the same isn't helping.

Of course they want the people to decide and that is what they elect their government for.......if We the people are not happy with what is being done in our name, we vote them out

At the time of our founding fathers, there were no "big" governments that cared about the needs of the people

What happened to those limited governments that didn't care about the people?

Revolution

I guess it really doesn't even register with you does it? Believe it or not, some of us don't want a caretaker government.

I wonder if there really are definitions for liberal, conservative and so forth, or are those terms open ended and we make up our own definitions? In short, does each poster first create his own definition then use it to name call? More playground stuff.
Its not that hard. Conservatives wish to conserve the constitution and the american way of life (that includes our social views) Liberals wish to liberate us from the constitution and libertarians want to liberate us from parts of the constitution without having to pay for it.

See how simple that is????

Regardless of your interpretation of history, or the founders 'true' intent, so-called classical liberals decidedly don't want government to 'do what needs to be done'. They want people to decide for themselves what needs to be done and do it voluntarily. Government is, primarily, a means of coercing conformity.

To be clear, I'm not interested in tedious fights over the definition of terms, but there are two very real, and very different, perspectives at play here. Pretending they are the same isn't helping.

Of course they want the people to decide and that is what they elect their government for.......if We the people are not happy with what is being done in our name, we vote them out

At the time of our founding fathers, there were no "big" governments that cared about the needs of the people

Revolution

I guess it really doesn't even register with you does it? Believe it or not, some of us don't want a caretaker government.

Then don't vote for candidates who support one

Those who want a government that cares about the needs of the people will vote for candidates who support their view

That is the way things work in this great country

Its not that hard. Conservatives wish to conserve the constitution and the american way of life (that includes our social views) Liberals wish to liberate us from the constitution and libertarians want to liberate us from parts of the constitution without having to pay for it.

Liberals wrote the constitution and have spent two hundred years fighting for the rights of the individual under it

Revolution

Those who want a government that cares about the needs of the people will vote for candidates who support their view

why would you want a government to care for you???? Didn't you get enough love as a child?

Liberals wrote the constitution and have spent two hundred years fighting for the rights of the individual under it

The founders wrote the constitution they were not fascists.

Most terms are defined in college level 101 courses, Intro to Poli Sci is where I learned the meaning of liberal, conservative, reactionary, radical, etc. Terms do change over time, and some - like the term liberal - can be made into pejoratives with no relationship to any academic definition.

Simple is as simple does.

Our founding fathers did not seek to implement limited government. They constructed the best government they could which was limited by revenue, geography and technology. They were also limited by 18th century ideology which was evolving at a rapid pace

:lmao:

It's laugh at moron Friday! Have a ball, ya'll!

If you weren't stupid you would now it's Science Friday. But you don't do you? If you're real nice I might tell you in another post. But you'll need to be curious, and stupid people are usually not curious. Hence ask me and say please and I'll share.

Who is stupid again?

:laugh2:

Revolution

Sure, yeah. But you seem to spend a lot of time pretending that the other view simply doesn't exist, or is somehow irrational. Like this, for example:

The way things ought to work is what we're debating. Simply declaring "this is the way it is" doesn't resolve the debate. You believe in the supreme power of majority rule, others of us believe the minority should be protected from the unfettered will of the masses. We can debate which is better, or you can just keep claiming that it's "the way it is".

I see your brainwashing is complete. :lmao:

It took four undergraduate years, two years of grad school and a 32 year career in public service. You required only a light rinse, applied a few hours a day by talking heads and Disc Jockeys.

But thanks so much for proving once again that you know very little and have less to report.

A career in public service? I knew you were a tick on the ass of society. BTW, everyone who works serves the public. This bullshit about "public service" is purely a pretension. The fact is that ticks don't serve the public. They mostly just annoy the public and suck off the public.

I see you're too embarrassed to answer a simple question, I ask again, what career path did you follow?

As to your dumb comment in re Science Friday, here's a link. Of Course being one of the dumbest of the dumb it's nothing you would find interesting.

About Science Friday -- ScienceFriday.com

Not an original thought by any libertarian or anarchists on this OP.

Last edited:

The founders wrote the constitution they were not fascists.

Of course not.......they were the leading liberals of their day

Most terms are defined in college level 101 courses, Intro to Poli Sci is where I learned the meaning of liberal, conservative, reactionary, radical, etc. Terms do change over time, and some - like the term liberal - can be made into pejoratives with no relationship to any academic definition.

"Political science" is little more than an exercise in brainwashing. The reason government universities exist is so government toadies can ram your skull full of bootlicking propaganda in classes like "political science." It's all politics and no science.

Not an original thought by any libertarian or anarchists on this OP.

No where can they show that the president cannot administer the program in his capacity of office.

Never an original thought from most libertarians, it's an ideology written in a paragraph:

"I've got mine, I'll keep mine and no person, no law has the right to take it from me. I am most important and what I earn is mine and no one can make me share. I don't care what others do as long as they don't bother me. I've got mine, fuck the rest of you."

I see you're too embarrassed to answer a simple question, I ask again, what career path did you follow?

As to your dumb comment in re Science Friday, here's a link. Of Course being one of the dumbest of the dumb it's nothing you would find interesting.

About Science Friday -- ScienceFriday.com

Ah, so "Science Friday" is a government sponsored propaganda program.

Since you asked, I'm a consultant and I work for the 2nd largest software company in the world. Our clients are all private corporations. We have to provide something of value. Otherwise no corporation would pay us. That's the exact opposite of what happens with government "services."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back