Classified Report Leaked to NBC

Exactly... the report that was leaked wasn't classified.
It is still a violation of The Espionage Act and there should be an investigation and Treason Charges.
It was part of an Intel Briefing and therefore was classified. It does not matter the level of classification.

Funny how Butt Hurt would make Obama and company turn to treason when their temper tantrums have zero effect on The Public. But we knew he was a liar and a traitor from the beginning, and that cat won't change his spots on his way out either.

It is still a violation of The Espionage Act and there should be an investigation and Treason Charges.
It was part of an Intel Briefing and therefore was classified. It does not matter the level of classification.

Funny how Butt Hurt would make Obama and company turn to treason when their temper tantrums have zero effect on The Public. But we knew he was a liar and a traitor from the beginning, and that cat won't change his spots on his way out either.
You have a point, but it depends on the details. I don't like our CIA or anybody leaking classified anything to the press and it should not be accepted. This situation appears to be an interview from an intelligence source that spoke to the validity of information that was released in the unclassified report. I've also heard that the unclassified report itself was leaked to NBC, though I haven't seen proof of that.

Regardless, it seems that Trumps tweet was irresponsible, misleading, and an outright lie. What of that?

Does anybody know what you stains are talking about?
We are trying to figure out what Trump is talking about in his tweet. It seems like a straight up lie.

I think the fact checkers would call Trump's claim mostly false.
  • NBC received the declassified version of the report before Trump got his briefing on the classified version.
  • NBC did not receive the classified version of the report.
In all likelihood, Trump was ticked that the report was out before he could put "first spin" on its content and create calamity for a while.
Thats how I'm seeing the situation... What amazes me is that our new president is allowed to blatantly lie and present false facts to the American people. This doesn't even seem to be a mistake on his part, its was an intentional statement which he is trying to use to manipulate the conversation. How is this acceptable and how can we hold our most powerful leader accountable for these action? Its the exact same shit he campaigned agains #DrainTheSwamp

The amazing thing in my mind is that he takes it upon himself to do that, particularly as there's no need to do it.

As for people letting him do it, well, I suspect that the press' unwillingness to let him perpetuate his fictions in ways similar to how the press operated in the 1950-1980s is what rankles him about journalists. They quiet deference the press used to accord presidents and other high office politicians is no more.

I think the Internet has a lot to do with that. Not the social side of it, but the availability of information/facts aspect of it. News organizations aren't so much needed by critical thinkers because there are so many highly credible sources of information on the Internet. Thus, news networks devote a lot of time to analysis (editorial content) rather than to pure fact telling. Gathering, organizing and presenting/reading facts is a rote and, for news outlets, low value activity for which, due to the web, they have no better ability to do than anyone. Where newsies can add value is with critical analysis of the facts as that's something a lot of people aren't good at. The problem, of course, is that too few people -- non-newsies -- actually perform fact gathering, preferring instead to consume only the analysis and commentary. What's the outcome of that? Elections become about teams and winning rather than issues, policies and "the people," and end up having little to do with who's more qualified/fit/ready in fact to govern.

^ i haven't seen as big a load as this in a while.

We are trying to figure out what Trump is talking about in his tweet. It seems like a straight up lie.

• NBC received the declassified version of the report before Trump got his briefing on the classified version.
In all likelihood, Trump was ticked that the report was out before he could put "first spin" on its content and create calamity for a while.
Thats how I'm seeing the situation... What amazes me is that our new president is allowed to blatantly lie and present false facts to the American people. This doesn't even seem to be a mistake on his part, its was an intentional statement which he is trying to use to manipulate the conversation. How is this acceptable and how can we hold our most powerful leader accountable for these action? Its the exact same shit he campaigned agains #DrainTheSwamp

The amazing thing in my mind is that he takes it upon himself to do that, particularly as there's no need to do it.

As for people letting him do it, well, I suspect that the press' unwillingness to let him perpetuate his fictions in ways similar to how the press operated in the 1950-1980s is what rankles him about journalists. They quiet deference the press used to accord presidents and other high office politicians is no more.

I think the Internet has a lot to do with that. Not the social side of it, but the availability of information/facts aspect of it. News organizations aren't so much needed by critical thinkers because there are so many highly credible sources of information on the Internet. Thus, news networks devote a lot of time to analysis (editorial content) rather than to pure fact telling. Gathering, organizing and presenting/reading facts is a rote and, for news outlets, low value activity for which, due to the web, they have no better ability to do than anyone. Where newsies can add value is with critical analysis of the facts as that's something a lot of people aren't good at. The problem, of course, is that too few people -- non-newsies -- actually perform fact gathering, preferring instead to consume only the analysis and commentary. What's the outcome of that? Elections become about teams and winning rather than issues, policies and "the people," and end up having little to do with who's more qualified/fit/ready in fact to govern.
I'd like to see a department that has the sole duty to hold government officials accountable for their words and actions. If they publicly lie or misrepresent facts in an attempt to manipulate the conversation they should be punished. Even if the punishment is an on camera admission of guilt and forced apology, some kind of public shaming... or depending on the severity, they get impeached... Something has to discourage these types of actions from our leadership, they are getting out of control.

Does anybody know what he is talking about here? When did the Classified Report get leaked to NBC?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 2h2 hours ago
Before I, or anyone, saw the classified and/or highly confidential hacking intelligence report, it was leaked out to @NBCNews. So serious!

Trump is more outraged over NBC getting classified information than the Russians
I haven't seen any evidence that NBC got classified information. I've only heard that they interviewed somebody who validated the unclassified report that was released to the public.

:420:You lied, just as you accused him of doing. That isn't what he said.
Now, I know you did this on purpose just as you just Know he did.
Don't even try to tell us otherwise, as we now know you lie.
He's just butthurt that the report got leaked before he got to see it. There's nothing "classified" about what was leaked.
He should be upset. So should you but you aren't. Our government is playing games with this bullshit.
What exactly got leaked?
This has been covered for a couple of days now. Try to pay attention. A redacted report was released to the media BEFORE it was shown to the incoming administration. That is inexcusable. Giving the report to the media solved nothing and served no purpose other than to fuck with Trump.
Trump said a highly classified report was leaked to NBC. I haven't seen any evidence of this... since you are paying attention Can you post a link showing this is true?

Do you even know what you are babbling about? Ever hear of the word "redacted"? It's what they do to classified information in a report that is going to be released to the public, and it means that they TAKE OUT THE CLASSIFIED INFORMATION, but leave the rest in. Just because some of the information in the unclassified report was in the classified report does NOT make that information classified. How they got the information, or the sources that they list may be however, which is why they are taken out or "redacted".

As far as the report that was released to the public? Well, if you want to, you can read the whole thing at this link...................

http://www.msnbc.com/sites/msnbc/files/ica_2017_01.pdf

As far as Trump's butthurt? Well, he's gonna have to get over it, because the report came out a week or so ago, and lots of Congress critters have already seen it, so Rachel Maddow's team went and requested a copy of it and it was given. They did that as soon as they found out the report was available.

Trump on the other hand? He didn't think it was important enough to pay attention to until it became national headlines and all the Congress people were talking about it. If he had been taking his briefings like a normal president elect, he would have had the report a while ago, but he didn't.

Now? He's just tweeting b.s. trying to spin the narrative in his favor. Only trouble is, it won't work, because the more he lies, the more people are going to start checking up on what he said, and the more they find out he lies, the less they are going to support him.

I'm just waiting to see what things look like in April. It's gonna be interesting.

He's just butthurt that the report got leaked before he got to see it. There's nothing "classified" about what was leaked.
He should be upset. So should you but you aren't. Our government is playing games with this bullshit.
What exactly got leaked?
This has been covered for a couple of days now. Try to pay attention. A redacted report was released to the media BEFORE it was shown to the incoming administration. That is inexcusable. Giving the report to the media solved nothing and served no purpose other than to fuck with Trump.
Trump said a highly classified report was leaked to NBC. I haven't seen any evidence of this... since you are paying attention Can you post a link showing this is true?
What did I lie about? I posted the actual Tweet from Trump. How is that lying about what he said?

I'd like to see a department that has the sole duty to hold government officials accountable for their words and actions. If they publicly lie or misrepresent facts in an attempt to manipulate the conversation they should be punished. Even if the punishment is an on camera admission of guilt and forced apology, some kind of public shaming... or depending on the severity, they get impeached... Something has to discourage these types of actions from our leadership, they are getting out of control.

These days, people, grassroots voters, think of holding political office as a job much like any other job rather than as bright and capable people serving their country. They don't see it as a manifestation of noblesse oblige. In fact, people these days rail at the notion of noblesse oblige and call it elitist these days. It used to be it was called generous. What we have now, as a result, is electioneering treated like and thought of as horse races, or a tennis match.

Oh my goodness.... sheesh! :rofl:

No it does NOT break the Espionage act, STOP LYING.please.

Declassified information is we the people's information. This is OUR government, they work for us, and anything declassified is ours to see....it's not the President's info, it's not the President elect's info, it is OUR info, we the people's....we paid for it.

You said highly classified. According to the tweet you posted he said classified or highly confidential. See? You lied, just as you are accusing him
What exactly got leaked?
What did I lie about? I posted the actual Tweet from Trump. How is that lying about what he said?

You said highly classified. According to the tweet you posted he said classified or highly confidential. See? You lied, just as you are accusing him
Jeeesuuuusss... Really?!? Ok, my mistake, I accidentally switched a word, it was not intentional... He said "Before I, or anyone, saw the classified and/or highly confidential hacking intelligence report, it was leaked out to @NBCNews. So serious!"

So I missed a word and he outright lied... glad we got that cleared up.

What exactly got leaked?

Classified and highly confidential are both forms of information that wouldn't be released to the public. MSNBC received the UNCLASSIFIED report that the government put out, and Trump was butt hurt that he didn't get a chance to spin the report before MSNBC put out the information.

If he just had gotten his classified briefs when he was supposed to, he might have known about this earlier.

No, he didn't. He said "andor highly confidential report". It had been considered that, and he was to receive a briefing before it was released. So he quantified his report. You just chose to make something out of his words for no reason other than to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and accused him of lying, when technically he didn't- just as you claimed you didn't when I made a mountain out of a mole hill regarding your mistake. Understand now? Or will you continue to spread rumors he lied to be petty?
Jeeesuuuusss... Really?!? Ok, my mistake, I accidentally switched a word, it was not intentional... He said "Before I, or anyone, saw the classified and/or highly confidential hacking intelligence report, it was leaked out to @NBCNews. So serious!"

No, he didn't. He said "andor highly confidential report". It had been considered that, and he was to receive a briefing before it was released. So he quantified his report. You just chose to make something out of his words for no reason other than to make a mountain out of a mole hill, and accused him of lying, when technically he didn't- just as you claimed you didn't when I made a mountain out of a mole hill regarding your mistake. Understand now? Or will you continue to spread rumors he lied to be petty?

THE report NBC received was neither CLASSIFIED nor HIGHLY CLASSIFIED....period....no more dancing around that, please...!

Many reports are considered highly confidential until released by proper protocol. Be real. And if they weren't going to brief him first, then why set such a meeting to begin with?
And did you publicly call out Obama when he only attended one briefing pre-inauguration as you are Trump? If not, why not?

Classified and highly confidential are both forms of information that wouldn't be released to the public. MSNBC received the UNCLASSIFIED report that the government put out, and Trump was butt hurt that he didn't get a chance to spin the report before MSNBC put out the information.

If he just had gotten his classified briefs when he was supposed to, he might have known about this earlier.

Forum List

Back