Clean Water for Billions Around the World

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
warka-01.jpg

Story comes from Wired and provides a possible solution to those who die without water or from diseases carried by dirty water. Read more @ A Giant Basket That Uses Condensation to Gather Drinking Water | Wired Design | Wired.com

I'd kinda like to put one of those things in MY backyard. :eusa_clap:

Great concept IF it works.. Lots of details on construction, little specifics on how many days a year
it produces any meaningful volume of water.. If it's reliable -- I'd kick in money to build some..

Around the world, 768 million people don’t have access to safe water, and every day 1,400 children under the age of five die from water-based diseases.

His stunning water towers stand nearly 30 feet tall and can collect over 25 gallons of potable water per day by harvesting atmospheric water vapor. Called WarkaWater towers, each pillar is comprised of two sections: a semi-rigid exoskeleton built by tying stalks of juncus or bamboo together and an internal plastic mesh, reminiscent of the bags oranges come in. The nylon and polypropylene fibers act as a scaffold for condensation, and as the droplets of dew form, they follow the mesh into a basin at the base of the structure.

Water is a necessity, so definitely worth the investment.

Forum List

Back