Climate Activists Seek to Save the Planet by Cutting, Burying Trees

The 'problem' is CO2 produced by burning fossil fuels, not wood.
Burning wood produces CO2 (and CO and soot and lots of other not-so-nice chemicals). Komoda Systems should be your hero. He's taken Trump's advice and he's RAKING THE FUCKING FOREST. And preventing forest fires will result in more living trees to absorb CO2, won't it.

What is bad is lithium batteries that are so heavy that they waste huge amounts of energy to cart around.
Where the fuck did you get the idea that lithium batteries were heavy? HINT: find a copy of the periodic table and see where lithium appears. Check out its atomic weight. Compare that to nickel or iron or lead. Come back and tell us what you found.

For the fourth time, tell us what the delta is.

You don’t answer because you’re clueless. You can only parrot what your masters feed you.
Nah, I'm literally just not willing to afford you the effort of sourcing it. In the end your ignorance is irrelevant to me.

If you actually think in the last few decades this technology hasn't grown, like if that's your real, no bullshit opinion, you're an idiot.

Last edited:
Not when the fleet requirements exceed the achievable values to intentionally make ICE vehicles impossible to meet them.
And that then requires Manufacturers to make smaller cars, which people don't seem to want as much as larger cars.

That isn't capitalism when it comes from government fiat. Are you really that dumb?

The rest of your screed is retarded.

My .. that's mature ... do you admit there's no law like you claimed? ... or are you nothing but deflection? ... like Republicans ...

You're against EVs because liberals are for them ... this doesn't go any deeper, does it? ...

Curious...

What would the right wing approach to the climate be? Just do nothing? Buy a new diesel truck to piss off the libs?

Let the free market correct this ... cheap fossil fuels are gone ... now we're burning not-so-cheap fossil fuels and ... where affordable ... wind/solar/hydro is more economical ...

Wind/solar/hydro doesn't help fund Middle East terrorism or the Canadian maple syrup cartel ... that's important to me ...

The cost of burning oil is only going up ... as technology improves, wind/solar/hydro become cheaper ... this alone will cause us to switch over slowly and thoughtfully ... EVs work in the Pacific Northwest ... cheapest in the nation electricity with the infrastructure built to feed California ... God Bless the Bonneville Power Administration ...

Why didn't your linked article explain that? Oh, wait. It was the Epoch Times. There's your problem. Now, I can't read an Epoch Times article without giving them my email, which I will not do. So I went looking elsewhere. Do you know what I found? I found that Kodoma Systems harvests and buries WASTE BIOMASS, not live trees.

God are you people stupid.
Oh?
How much energy is required to find this lost bio mass, build roads to it, cut it up, truck it out, bury it?
For one log.

BTW-
“For the last several years, Stripe has pre-purchased tons of carbon dioxide that startups aim to eventually draw out of the air and permanently sequester“

Who do I contact to sell my carbon dioxide? I’ve got about $40M worth.

Nah, I'm literally just not willing to afford you the effort of sourcing it. In the end your ignorance is irrelevant to me.

If you actually think in the last few decades this technology hasn't grown, like if that's your real, no bullshit opinion, you're an idiot.
Thanks for taking the time to validate you only parrot what your masters feed you. You don’t have a clue or thought of your own.

Leftards once again making the Babylon Bee look like a legitimate news organization.

Through his foundation Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Mr. Gates is a part of the $6.6 million seed investor pool backing Kodama Systems in its proposal to remove trees in California's fire-challenged woodlands and bury them in Nevada to sequester carbon dioxide (CO2).

"We must dramatically accelerate forest thinning treatments," the Boston-based firm says on its website. Kodama calls itself a "technology-driven forest restoration service."

Technology driven!
So is a coal fired steam train.

So Envirowhackos, where’s the data that if we cut down CO2 eating trees and feed them to worms (who turn it into CO2) we save the world?
How is it any weirder than Trump wanting the forests cleaned?
Trump blames California for wildfires, tells state 'you gotta clean your floors'

Oh?
How much energy is required to find this lost bio mass, build roads to it, cut it up, truck it out, bury it?
For one log.
I bet you someone's already done the math. People who're investing millions of dollars generally do.

Burning wood produces CO2 (and CO and soot and lots of other not-so-nice chemicals). Komoda Systems should be your hero. He's taken Trump's advice and he's RAKING THE FUCKING FOREST. And preventing forest fires will result in more living trees to absorb CO2, won't it.
We can't stop forest fires, but we can reduce the use of fossil fuels by burning more wood. Trees and forest fires are part of the natural carbon cycle, fossil fuels aren't.

Last edited:
Which releases all the CO2 that tree spent its entire life sequestering.
It quickly returns its minerals to the soil which promotes new growth. The real problem isn't forest floor litter, it's the mature trees that should have been harvested and made into buildings and other things.

It quickly returns its minerals to the soil which promotes new growth. The real problem isn't forest floor litter, it's the mature trees that should have been harvested and made into buildings and other things.
Live trees are a good thing vis-a-vis CO2 levels in the atmosphere (and a few other reasons as well). Global warming is not helped by turning live trees into dead lumber. Fires and the slow decomposition of dead wood both release sequestered CO2 into the atmosphere. It's not going to save the planet all by itself, but it will help.

Live trees are a good thing vis-a-vis CO2 levels in the atmosphere (and a few other reasons as well). Global warming is not helped by turning live trees into dead lumber. Fires and the slow decomposition of dead wood both release sequestered CO2 into the atmosphere. It's not going to save the planet all by itself, but it will help.
When you build a structure out of wood the carbon in the wood is sequestered. Sustainable harvesting of mature trees allows younger trees to grow faster as well and reduces fuel for forest fires. But the benefits of wooden structures in reducing CO2 emissions goes well beyond that.

Curious...

What would the right wing approach to the climate be? Just do nothing? Buy a new diesel truck to piss off the libs?
De populate the areas where all the pollution is coming from, NY, SF, LA for starters. Probably cut down on crime quite a bit too.

CA chased out the logging companies who used to do that from our National Forests because of an owl that was never really endangered. Those companies also kept fire fighting equipment in their harvest areas because they did not want to lose timber.

Forum List

Back