Climate Change Science Poised to Enter Nation's Classrooms

The UK has a "conservative government?" Who knew? I thought Cameron was a liberal.

Then you were wrong, weren't you?

As for who knew - every literate person in the world knew. It wasn't a secret.

total horseshit! CO2 makes up .039% of the atmosphere today. In 500,000 BC it made up .039% of the atmosphere.

Man is not changing the climate of the planet. Man may be polluting the planet, but not changing its climate

Do not know who is feeding you wrong data but here are the facts:
Just from 2009 to the present the rise has been from .0386% of the atmosphere to .0397.
Within another year it will be .040% and rising.
1960 it was .032%

Go to NOAA site and see for yourself.

Growth has been 1 % a year on average since 1959.

But he will not go to a scientific site to check on the true data. What he will do is post the same drivel again, and claim that he is telling the truth.

OK, dude. please post the scientific data that shows the atmospheric concentration of CO2 in the following years 500,000 BC, 1,000 BC, 10 AD, 5,000,000 BC, and finally 1800 AD.

Can't, can you? No one on earth has any idea how much CO2 was in the atmosphere in those years. Some ice core data gives us a clue, but nothing "scientifically valid".

Redfish -

The CO2 records do go back a very, very, very long way, and they are reliable.

Rather than just ridicule what is posted, why not do a little research and get up to speed?

Redfish -

Rather than just ridicule what is posted, why not do a little research and get up to speed?

really? then lets see it. post the CO2 data from the years that I listed. I'll be waiting.

Redfish -

Well according to your science, CO2 ultimately resides in the oceans. That would mean you need to verify 500,000 year old water and take samples. This water can't have any freezing and thawing cycle, because that would contaminate the samples. Since the current north pole isn't the same one as in the past, its unlikely you are going to find a reliable source. You were saying?

Redfish -

Well according to your science, CO2 ultimately resides in the oceans. That would mean you need to verify 500,000 year old water and take samples. This water can't have any freezing and thawing cycle, because that would contaminate the samples. Since the current north pole isn't the same one as in the past, its unlikely you are going to find a reliable source. You were saying?

But, but, but obama and gore told him that man was destroying the earth-----------how can those two wizards possibly be wrong??? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Save Liberty -

I was saying that if you don't understand why scientists use ice core samples, admit that you don't understand it, and do some research.

How smart do you think making posts like your last one when everyone reading the thread understands this better than you do?

You guys ranting about Al Gore look like five-year olds. You have no idea at all.

...and I explained the pitfalls of using ice core samples Saigon. Surely even you can understand polar shift and melting. By the way, why the shift from ice core samples by the Faither scientists? If its so reliable, why not use the same methodology for your entire study? You realize the hockey stick used several different methods in order to get the graph to match data. How scientific is that?

Save Liberty -

I was saying that if you don't understand why scientists use ice core samples, admit that you don't understand it, and do some research.

How smart do you think making posts like your last one when everyone reading the thread understands this better than you do?

You guys ranting about Al Gore look like five-year olds. You have no idea at all.

Gore is a proven fraud. I am still waiting for the CO2 data for the years I listed. Either post it or admit that you lied about its existence.

CO2 does not retain heat nearly as much as water vapor or methane. That is science fact. I understand you have to keep pounding the CO2 thing, because you haven't figured out how to blame methane or water vapor on man.

The UK has a "conservative government?" Who knew? I thought Cameron was a liberal.

Then you were wrong, weren't you?

As for who knew - every literate person in the world knew. It wasn't a secret.

Did you think I wouldn't notice that you totally ignored the main thrust of my post and harped on a triviality? That's a classic left-wing technique for dodging the issue.

Can't make a Faither see the models created by their leaders fail to prove out. The science has to be wrong, if you can't predict outcomes.

CO2 does not retain heat nearly as much as water vapor or methane. That is science fact. I understand you have to keep pounding the CO2 thing, because you haven't figured out how to blame methane or water vapor on man.

C02 is highly conductive to the transfer of heat

it makes one of the worst insulators

if anything C02 would transfer heat to a colder location

thus shedding heat from the earth to space

C02 is highly conductive to the transfer of heat

it makes one of the worst insulators

if anything C02 would transfer heat to a colder location

thus shedding heat from the earth to space

Why don't you show us the results from experiments in the quantities found in the atmosphere? If you increase CO2 and it responds in the way you say, then we should be losing heat to space right? That makes things colder.

BriPat -

My feeling is that a person who didn't know who the Prime Minister of England is probably doewn't have a point.

Let's face it, man - anyone whose politics are so extreme they refuse to use dictionaries is unlikely to have much useful to say.

Redfish -

The historical data in CO2 in the atmosphere was posted by another poster a few days ago.

If you ignored it then, you'll ignore it now.

Here's the thing, if CO2 is a poor insulator, helps move heat to colder areas, then space is far colder than the poles. The heat would move out of the atmosphere. The planet should be cooling with that logic.

BriPat -

My feeling is that a person who didn't know who the Prime Minister of England is probably doewn't have a point.

Let's face it, man - anyone whose politics are so extreme they refuse to use dictionaries is unlikely to have much useful to say.

So a dictionary is all that stands between you and saying anything useful. Good to know.

Forum List

Back