Clinton: It's 'heartbreaking' when IT workers must train H-1B replacements

H-1B VISA REQUIREMENTS:

Requirement 4 - You must be paid at least the actual or prevailing wage for your occupation, whichever is higher.

Understanding H-1B Requirements

In other words the only incentive for companies to deal with H-1B visa applicants is lack of locals to do the job.

Last edited:
H-1B VISA REQUIREMENTS:

Requirement 4 - You must be paid at least the actual or prevailing wage for your occupation, whichever is higher.

In other words the only incentive for companies to deal with H-1B visa applicants is lack of locals to do the job.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/u...-replace-us-workers-with-immigrants.html?_r=0

Exactly - they are getting sued because they broke the laws regulating H-1B visas.

That's like advocating getting rid of road signals because someone ran a red light.

H-1B VISA REQUIREMENTS:

Except that isn't what happened or is happening.

If there was a skills gap then the O-1 Visa would be in use.
O-1 Visa: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

It's not. It's like.........going up against something like IBM. They don't give a hot damn about regulations.

H-1B VISA REQUIREMENTS:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/u...-replace-us-workers-with-immigrants.html?_r=0

Exactly - they are getting sued because they broke the laws regulating H-1B visas.

That's like advocating getting rid of road signals because someone ran a red light.

And they always get sued. Right?

Chasing dreams and dollars: India and the H-1B visa

Hillary Clinton Supported H1B Visas. “But if you look at the evidence, I think the figures are pretty impressive that I think it's like 40 percent of Fortune 500 companies have been started by
immigrants. I think obviously the role that immigrants in technology play as evidenced by your hands is just unparalleled. I think that we are hurting ourselves by failing to do comprehensive immigration reform. And I know politically it's difficult because there are a lot of people in public office who hear only the loud voices that are on the negative side, and oftentimes it is out of a place of fear, not a place of understanding or as I'd say evidence. So I think that what we've got to do is keep making the case, but we need more voices. And the only point I would make for the tech community is on the H1B visas, I support them. When I was a Senator from New York I supported them.” [Hillary Clinton Remarks at Nexenta, 8/28/14]

Forum List

Back