Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide

Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide - The Washington Post

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton plans to call for an early voting period of at least 20 days in every state.

Clinton will call for that standard in remarks Thursday in Texas about voting rights, her campaign said. She will also criticize what her campaign calls deliberate restrictions on voting in several states, including Texas.

The former secretary of state's address at historically-black Texas Southern University in Houston comes as Democrats pursue legal challenges to voting rule changes approved by Republican legislatures in several states.

Clinton and her allies claim the changes are aimed at narrowing the electorate in ways that benefit Republicans.

“This is, I think, a moment when we should be expanding the franchise,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in an interview. “What we see in state after state is this effort by conservatives to restrict the right to vote.”

Once again, Clinton acts, which will force the GOP to react.

This has been going on for quite a while, now.

Discuss. Is this a good idea, or a bad one?

Democratic candidate Clinton is talking about a 20-day early voting period NATIONALLY.
That republicans oppose this comes as no surprise, of course; it's telling that most on the right are hostile to making it easier for working Americans, low income Americans, and disabled Americans, among others, to vote.
Ya cause 2 months to vote absentee and 20 days to vote in person is such a needed thing, Last I heard the people you want to vote more according to YOU are incapable of proving who they are. So add to the list no requirement to identify yourself to your list of bullshit to expand the multiple voting democratic base.

Clinton to call for at least 20 days of early voting nationwide - The Washington Post

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton plans to call for an early voting period of at least 20 days in every state.

Clinton will call for that standard in remarks Thursday in Texas about voting rights, her campaign said. She will also criticize what her campaign calls deliberate restrictions on voting in several states, including Texas.

The former secretary of state's address at historically-black Texas Southern University in Houston comes as Democrats pursue legal challenges to voting rule changes approved by Republican legislatures in several states.

Clinton and her allies claim the changes are aimed at narrowing the electorate in ways that benefit Republicans.

“This is, I think, a moment when we should be expanding the franchise,” Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta said in an interview. “What we see in state after state is this effort by conservatives to restrict the right to vote.”

Democratic candidate Clinton is talking about a 20-day early voting period NATIONALLY.
That republicans oppose this comes as no surprise, of course; it's telling that most on the right are hostile to making it easier for working Americans, low income Americans, and disabled Americans, among others, to vote.
Ya cause 2 months to vote absentee and 20 days to vote in person is such a needed thing, Last I heard the people you want to vote more according to YOU are incapable of proving who they are. So add to the list no requirement to identify yourself to your list of bullshit to expand the multiple voting democratic base.

Who is proposing 60 days for absentee? (Some voters do get their ballots 60 days out BTW...know which ones?)

Tell me where the "bad" is in having 20 days of in person voting available? CA provides 29.

Give em 20 days before election day and these lazy assed folks gonna want 20 more after Election Day.

Jesus, if you want to vote, get the hell of your ass and vote.

THAT'S RIGHT
for crying out loud if they can't get out at the times that are set they don't DESERVE to vote. we have absentee for the seniors and any person disabled who can't get out
Hillary is showing her true Nasty self here.
What about states that don't give time off to vote or employers that ignore those laws when they exist? Fuck them they should get another job?
In most states, polls are open 12-13-14 hours.
Why do you think you or anyone else needs time off to vote?

It's a good idea. There is no viable reason not to have early and vote by mail voting for everyone.
There is no valid reason to have anything other than voting on election day and absentee ballots.

There are many valid reasons. First and foremost, our population has grown exponentially since "Election Day" was proposed.

We get hundreds of early in person voters in our office before Election Day. Folks going out of town, folks that have to work on Election Day, folks that just happened to be nearby and don't know where they will be on e day. I get to my office at 5:30 AM and don't leave until 1 AM on Election Day. Good thing I can vote in person at the election office. :lol:

Foxfyre (who else) said that Clinton has no new ideas. It'll be interesting to see what she is going to find wrong, evil, or sneaky about letting more people vote.

Once again for the terminally slow and stupid...... The days, the schedule of days, the hours allowed the methods allowed to vote are ALL controlled by the INDIVIDUAL States. The Federal Government has only one say in when how and where people vote and that is the first Tuesday of November unless it is the first day of the month. The President, Congress and the Federal Government have no say in how a State decides to allot days hours or methods for voting.

20 days for more illegals to cross the border and vote democrat.

And for ACORN to bus around low info voters from polling place to polling place.

Yeah but now everyone has to have a voting ID which negates multiple votes being cast by the same person.

So, there is zero danger of your paranoia coming true.

Next excuse, please.

She's entitled to her opinion, but it's up to the States to run their elections.
Up to a point. In your state they try and keep people from voting, which is why the Feds are still keeping an eye on them.

No they don't 10 days early voting is fine, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes to vote.
You can say it all you like but it wouldn't be in the courts with the Feds watching if the GOP, who runs Texas, wanted everyone to vote, which they very much don't.

Only thing in the courts in on voter ID which has already been upheld in other States by the supremes and will be in TX. In fact it's already in place and has been since the last midterms.

So since there is zero danger of anyone voting twice, why the opposition to having early voting nationwide?

I'm sure the Hildabeast is very sincere since her own State....New York....has zero early voting and is the worst in the Nation in terms of voting access.

Hypocrite? Always. :(

20 days for more illegals to cross the border and vote democrat.

And for ACORN to bus around low info voters from polling place to polling place.

Yeah but now everyone has to have a voting ID which negates multiple votes being cast by the same person.

So, there is zero danger of your paranoia coming true.

Next excuse, please.

But you guys hate voter i.d....right? Second....DOJ is suing a number of States trying to prevent voter i.d. which over 70% of the electorate favors.

Personally.....I hope the Hildabeast keeps talking about this issue because the vast majority of Americans are against her on this issue.

Last edited:

she is a criminal...she helped her husband silence the women he raped and sexually assaulted...if you assholes,weren't Borg drones she wouldn't even be in the race.........

She's entitled to her opinion, but it's up to the States to run their elections.
Up to a point. In your state they try and keep people from voting, which is why the Feds are still keeping an eye on them.

No they don't 10 days early voting is fine, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes to vote.
You can say it all you like but it wouldn't be in the courts with the Feds watching if the GOP, who runs Texas, wanted everyone to vote, which they very much don't.

Only thing in the courts in on voter ID which has already been upheld in other States by the supremes and will be in TX. In fact it's already in place and has been since the last midterms.

So since there is zero danger of anyone voting twice, why the opposition to having early voting nationwide?

Who said I oppose early voting, I think 20 days is a bit excessive, TX has done just fine with half that. The State your heroine represented however has ZERO days early voting. My main problem is a one size fits all, top down unfunded mandate. I have no problem if the feds want to pay the States to voluntarily comply, well actually I do because the feds are broke.

You know what is most disturbing about this whole thing? This: What the fuck is the big deal? Why is 20 days of early voting such a horrible thing? All that happens is that people will have greater opportunity to vote with a reduced impact on disrupting daily commerce.

And yet, some people are opposed to it because it's a Democrat who said it. Fucking tools...

Foxfyre (who else) said that Clinton has no new ideas. It'll be interesting to see what she is going to find wrong, evil, or sneaky about letting more people vote.

Not a new idea. I wonder why she didn't recommend this for her own state?

It's a good idea. There is no viable reason not to have early and vote by mail voting for everyone.
There is no valid reason to have anything other than voting on election day and absentee ballots.
Illness, family emergencies, unplanned business trips, weather emergencies, transportation problems, etc, etc,etc.....
Once again for the terminally slow and stupid...... The days, the schedule of days, the hours allowed the methods allowed to vote are ALL controlled by the INDIVIDUAL States. The Federal Government has only one say in when how and where people vote and that is the first Tuesday of November unless it is the first day of the month. The President, Congress and the Federal Government have no say in how a State decides to allot days hours or methods for voting.
Clinton was not proposing the federal government do anything. Her proposal is directed at the states. Red States of course have no interest in higher voter turnout so her proposal will fall on deft ears in those states.

Forum List

Back