Closing or Blocking Pipelines

Your point is that stopping a pipeline that wasn't complete hasn't changed how much oil has been sipped. More of your inane babble. No wonder you just resort to supporting fascism

He's absolutely correct, it didn't stop any flow of oil, but that's not how gasoline prices are affected.

When commodity traders hear of the least disturbing news, they buy long contracts. When enough people buy long contracts, that increases the price of fuel as we have just seen. So it's less about the actual product amount than it is how traders perceive the news about the commodity.

Yes. But he said was more basic stupid than that. He said oil flow wasn't changed by stopping the building of a pipeline that wasn't built yet. I don't even know what to make of that.

But yes, you're right that futures oil prices could be affected, but that wasn't what he said

Actually, a major oil spill would be a blessing to the new administration. They're praying for one.

An excuse to introduce pre-written legislation that will further cripple the American oil industry and give celebrities a photo op on oily beaches.
Under Obama they got a CONVENIENT oil spill-----------Dont think the communists won't do it again.

Your point is that stopping a pipeline that wasn't complete hasn't changed how much oil has been sipped

It hasn't changed the amount being shipped or imported. When it finally gets completed it will only increase the amount we get from Canada.

Why do we allow on ounce of the oil in the pipelines to leave our shores?
There is different quality levels of oil. We receive a better quality in the amount needed for us from overseas. We still produce good quality oil. We send lesser quality overseas. Whatever the reasons, there is enough in production to keep the costs lower then when we play games like Biden is doing.

We don't export crude oil.

That's false. Your concept is right in that the US is a NET importer of crude oil and we're a net exporter of petroleum. But it's wrong that we don't import petroleum or export crude oil

We export some refined products.... We don't export crude. We IMPORT crude AKA petroleum.. although not as much as we used to. Who do we export crude oil to?

Crude oil is a naturally occurring, unrefined petroleum product composed of hydrocarbon deposits and other organic materials. A type of fossil fuel, crude oil can be refined to produce usable products such as gasoline, diesel, and various other forms of petrochemicals.

We export some refined products.... We don't export crude.

Apparently, we do. Over $50 billion worth last year.

View attachment 457615

5-digit End-Use Exports - World Total (census.gov)

View attachment 457616

Oil imports and exports - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Democrats don't solve, they attack. Without the pipeline, they ship it on trains and trucks. And we send money to despots across the world instead of Canada.

With the pipeline they will still ship it on trains.

Canada dwarfs all others.

Two arguments with no point between them.

"With the pipeline they will still ship it on trains." - And? They still ship it short distances on trains and that's relevant to them shipping it across the center of the country in a pipeline instead of on trains and trucks how? That's seriously your argument? Well kaz, they still ship it short(er) distances on trains, so there! So where?

"Canada dwarfs all others" - That this is a big issue is support for that you attack without solving the issue makes sense? How do you figure that?

Exactly, what was your point. My point is that stopping construction on the Keystone XL has not stopped a single gallon of oil from being exported from Canada, nor will finishing it stop any rail shipment of oil from Canada either. Most of our oil import come from Canada already.

Your point is that stopping a pipeline that wasn't complete hasn't changed how much oil has been sipped. More of your inane babble. No wonder you just resort to supporting fascism

The point is that Keystone has EXCESS capacity all over the MidWest.. as in UNUSED..

I really don't care whether they build the XL or not, but I do resent the grandiose lies they have been telling the American people for a decade.

Actually, a major oil spill would be a blessing to the new administration. They're praying for one.

An excuse to introduce pre-written legislation that will further cripple the American oil industry and give celebrities a photo op on oily beaches.
Under Obama they got a CONVENIENT oil spill-----------Dont think the communists won't do it again.

You are really crazy.. You would believe ANYTHING.

Your point is that stopping a pipeline that wasn't complete hasn't changed how much oil has been sipped

It hasn't changed the amount being shipped or imported. When it finally gets completed it will only increase the amount we get from Canada.

I award these, master of the obvious.

There was a great line in a Sherlock Holmes show where Dr. Watson looked at a murder victim and said "He's Dead." Shurlock Holmes replied, "A perfectly sound observation, but I was hoping for something more."

Yes, we build pipelines to increase oil flow and meet future demand, not just replace today's demand.

My God you people operate on a basic level.

So in the future, more oil will be sent to the Pacific and shipped across the ocean, more oil will be shipped in tankers and on trucks and bad governments like Russia and Saudi Arabia will sell more oil.

Congratulations, simpleton, you made the world better. Not

He's absolutely correct, it didn't stop any flow of oil, but that's not how gasoline prices are affected.

When commodity traders hear of the least disturbing news, they buy long contracts. When enough people buy long contracts, that increases the price of fuel as we have just seen. So it's less about the actual product amount than it is how traders perceive the news about the commodity.

That's speculation.

There is different quality levels of oil. We receive a better quality in the amount needed for us from overseas. We still produce good quality oil. We send lesser quality overseas. Whatever the reasons, there is enough in production to keep the costs lower then when we play games like Biden is doing.

That's false. Your concept is right in that the US is a NET importer of crude oil and we're a net exporter of petroleum. But it's wrong that we don't import petroleum or export crude oil

We export some refined products.... We don't export crude. We IMPORT crude AKA petroleum.. although not as much as we used to. Who do we export crude oil to?

Crude oil is a naturally occurring, unrefined petroleum product composed of hydrocarbon deposits and other organic materials. A type of fossil fuel, crude oil can be refined to produce usable products such as gasoline, diesel, and various other forms of petrochemicals.

View attachment 457615

View attachment 457616

Democrats don't solve, they attack. Without the pipeline, they ship it on trains and trucks. And we send money to despots across the world instead of Canada.

"With the pipeline they will still ship it on trains." - And? They still ship it short distances on trains and that's relevant to them shipping it across the center of the country in a pipeline instead of on trains and trucks how? That's seriously your argument? Well kaz, they still ship it short(er) distances on trains, so there! So where?

"Canada dwarfs all others" - That this is a big issue is support for that you attack without solving the issue makes sense? How do you figure that?

Exactly, what was your point. My point is that stopping construction on the Keystone XL has not stopped a single gallon of oil from being exported from Canada, nor will finishing it stop any rail shipment of oil from Canada either. Most of our oil import come from Canada already.

The point is that Keystone has EXCESS capacity all over the MidWest.. as in UNUSED..

I really don't care whether they build the XL or not, but I do resent the grandiose lies they have been telling the American people for a decade.

LOL, another genius leftist who doesn't expect them to plan for future needs.

They are increasing production in Canada. That's good since the world oil export supply is dominated by bad governments. Russia, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela. The only lies are coming from the left when you idiots keep claiming that there is no impact of impeding Canadian production.

It's the leftist way, you attack, you solve nothing. No one on the left is proposing a better solution, you just say it's not perfect and fascism it

There was a great line in a Sherlock Holmes show where Dr. Watson looked at a murder victim and said "He's Dead." Shurlock Holmes replied, "A perfectly sound observation, but I was hoping for something more."

Yes, we build pipelines to increase oil flow and meet future demand, not just replace today's demand.

Hahaha. You're a hoot!

OP: "How does oil or gas get transported if pipeline infrastructure gets closed, blocked, or otherwise sabotaged by our government?"

Me: "The same way we transported the over 3 million barrels we imported from Canada yesterday!"

Nothing you've said changes that.

View attachment 457615

View attachment 457616

They are increasing production in Canada. That's good since the world oil export supply is dominated by bad governments. Russia, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela. The only lies are coming from the left when you idiots keep claiming that there is no impact of impeding Canadian production.

It's the leftist way, you attack, you solve nothing. No one on the left is proposing a better solution, you just say it's not perfect and fascism it

You think KSA is a bad government? LOLOL.. They interfere less than the US government.

VZ's oil is heavy sour crude almost as bad as Canadian crude.

Why do you think Canada won't allow Keystone to build a pipeline from Hardisty to the Pacific?

Hahaha. You're a hoot!

OP: "How does oil or gas get transported if pipeline infrastructure gets closed, blocked, or otherwise sabotaged by our government?"

Me: "The same way we transported the over 3 million barrels we imported from Canada yesterday!"

Nothing you've said changes that.

Actually it does. I already pointed out that it will limit the amount of oil shippable which means that more Canadian oil will be sent via pipeline to the pacific and they will have to buy more oil from bad governments that you support to make up for the decreased Canadian capacity to the Atlantic.

You also responded to a specific post

View attachment 457615

View attachment 457616

You think KSA is a bad government? LOLOL.. They interfere less than the US government.

VZ's oil is heavy sour crude almost as bad as Canadian crude.

Why do you think Canada won't allow Keystone to build a pipeline from Hardisty to the Pacific?

Figures you like fascist governments since you're a fascist Democrat.

And there are already multiple Canadian pipelines to the Pacific carrying Canadian oil

Because they already have one, i think.

Correct. Hardisty is at the top of the main intersection of the lines in Canada at the top of the orange line

1613494827111.png

Forum List

Back