Clowns WTF?

I don't know if I have any "phobias".

I dislike large crowds, and get very uncomfortable if the mobility of my arms or legs is impeded. Can't sleep in a bed with the sheets tucked in.

Maybe I'm claustrophobic.

I'm not fond of large crowds, I don't think this is a phobia with me though.

I dislike large crowds, and get very uncomfortable if the mobility of my arms or legs is impeded. Can't sleep in a bed with the sheets tucked in.

I've got strong acrophobia, but I remember the event that probably gave it to me.

Doesn't affect me on a plane or in a high building but I can't go more than a couple of rungs up a ladder.

You fell off a ladder?

I've got strong acrophobia, but I remember the event that probably gave it to me.

Doesn't affect me on a plane or in a high building but I can't go more than a couple of rungs up a ladder.

You fell off a ladder?

No, nothing to do with a ladder -- that's just an example of when it kicks in. Gives me an icy chill up the back of my legs.

Does anyone actually like clowns? I think they appear evil and there's just something wrong about them.

So I've commented several times about my phobia of clowns, I can handle a picture of clowns, but physical clowns are not good, of course I've always avoided any situation where I might happen upon a clown.

I've had this phobia since I was about 4 years-old.

I've met other people who hate clowns, does anyone actually like clowns?
I don't like clowns either. In fact, I never liked the circus, my family found it funny that I never wanted to go.

That John Wayne Gacy chose to dress-up as a clown and also paint pictures of clowns, this reinforces my belief that there's something sinister about clowns as a whole.
There was also that movie "It".

it-stephen-king-movie.jpg

Does anyone actually like clowns? I think they appear evil and there's just something wrong about them.

So I've commented several times about my phobia of clowns, I can handle a picture of clowns, but physical clowns are not good, of course I've always avoided any situation where I might happen upon a clown.

I don't like clowns either. In fact, I never liked the circus, my family found it funny that I never wanted to go.

That John Wayne Gacy chose to dress-up as a clown and also paint pictures of clowns, this reinforces my belief that there's something sinister about clowns as a whole.

Of course I've never watched this film, for obvious reasons....is that clown a killer clown in the film?

Of course I've never watched this film, for obvious reasons....is that clown a killer clown in the film?

I don't know the film, but to me it's difficult to take that image as anything but silly.

I don't know the film, but to me it's difficult to take that image as anything but silly.
It was pretty scary.

Yes. It killed little kids.

The movie was IT, by Stephen King.

"The story revolves around an inter-dimensional predatory life-form, which has the ability to transform itself into its prey's worst fears, allowing it to exploit the phobias of its victims. It mostly takes the form of a sadistic, wisecracking clown called Pennywise the Dancing Clown"

Tim Curry did his usual great job playing the evil clown

That's Tim Curry?
Odd --- I can never think of him as anything but Frank N. Furter.

Clowns don't bother me. I never wanted to go to the circus because even as a kid, I knew it was wrong to make elephants sit, roll over like a dog, and do "tricks" for human entertainment. I went ONCE....but not inside the tent. I went to where they were feeding and washing the elephants but I couldn't get close enough to them to tell them I was sorry they were chained at the leg and that I loved them. Then Ma dragged me away because I started a scene by crying.

I am not phobic about clowns, but they do nothing for me either. I wouldn't want one of those painted faces in my face though.
And I too will forever think of Gacy.

Clowns don't bother me. I never wanted to go to the circus because even as a kid, I knew it was wrong to make elephants sit, roll over like a dog, and do "tricks" for human entertainment. I went ONCE....but not inside the tent. I went to where they were feeding and washing the elephants but I couldn't get close enough to them to tell them I was sorry they were chained at the leg and that I loved them. Then Ma dragged me away because I started a scene by crying.

I always have thought the same about zoo's.

I never really thought that much about zoos because at least they have some sort of freedom and are not chained up or forced to perform "tricks". And nowadays....the only safe place for most animals ARE zoos. No poachers. No canned hunts. And most up to date zoos are open...no cages. All animals are best in the wild, but the ones being hunted to extinction..well...a zoo is a safe haven IF they are open zoos.

Clowns wear disguises so they can get close to children. Ya..I have a problem with that.

Forum List

Back