Clueless Joe Biden Screws Up And Ivokes God In A Speech

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Obama has been going out of his way to remove God from his speeches. When he recited the Gettysburg Address he removed "under God" from the famous speech. He has gone out of his way to do this, some say to jab the religious right in the ribs.

So why is Joe Biden injecting God into his speech when he says they will fix HealthCare.gov...."God Willing". Didn't he get the memo?

You can tell when the Administration is getting desperate when they start trying to invoke God. The DNC voted during last year's convention to drop God from the party platform. So you can smell the desperation when they start talking like rightwingers again.

The White House seems to feel there is more than one version of the speech and Obama chose to read the one that removes God.

F07A6D9863C54DAC8CBFA0D6763A71FD.png

Links

Obama Removes 'God' from Gettysburg Address

Joe Biden says healthcare.gov will be fixed, 'God willing' | WashingtonExaminer.com

Michelle Obama's DNC speech was upstaged by God - National Political Transcripts | Examiner.com

Don't believe they are dumb.
They both have different audiences.
They both appeal to different demographics.

Obama has been going out of his way to remove God from his speeches. When he recited the Gettysburg Address he removed "under God" from the famous speech. He has gone out of his way to do this, some say to jab the religious right in the ribs.

So why is Joe Biden injecting God into his speech when he says they will fix HealthCare.gov...."God Willing". Didn't he get the memo?

You can tell when the Administration is getting desperate when they start trying to invoke God. The DNC voted during last year's convention to drop God from the party platform. So you can smell the desperation when they start talking like rightwingers again.

The White House seems to feel there is more than one version of the speech and Obama chose to read the one that removes God.

F07A6D9863C54DAC8CBFA0D6763A71FD.png

Links

Obama Removes 'God' from Gettysburg Address

Joe Biden says healthcare.gov will be fixed, 'God willing' | WashingtonExaminer.com

Michelle Obama's DNC speech was upstaged by God - National Political Transcripts | Examiner.com

Oh?

Just as Obama evoked Christianity to get elected, they'll use God when it is in their best interest.
They don't want to give a Jewish God credit for molding and then blessing this country, but will invoke Him to convince us He has got their back when a web site is at stake.

Last edited:
They want to appeal to the agnostic crowd but not when their asses are in a sling.

There is one version of the "address", it's the one Lincoln recited. Everything else is just a draft.

Obama can eat my shit. My hate for that fucker grows by the minute.

There is one version of the "address", it's the one Lincoln recited. Everything else is just a draft.

How do you know which version Lincoln recited?

It's pretty amazing how you've twisted this story to fit your ridiculous narrative.

The recording was for a documentary by Ken Burns (maker of massive 10-part documentaries on PBS, like Baseball and The Civil War)

He asked all five living Presidents, as well as countless other people, to read sections of the various drafts of the Gettysburg Address. He asked Obama to read the "Nikolay version" - the version generally agreed that Lincoln held in his hand when giving the speech. This draft does not contain the phrase "under God".

Excerpt taken from Wiki on the subject-

The words "under God" do not appear in the Nicolay and Hay drafts but are included in the three later copies (Everett, Bancroft, and Bliss). Accordingly, some skeptics maintain that Lincoln did not utter the words "under God" at Gettysburg.[71][72] However, at least three reporters telegraphed the text of Lincoln's speech on the day the Address was given with the words "under God" included. Historian William E. Barton argues that:[73]
Every stenographic report, good, bad and indifferent, says 'that the nation shall, under God, have a new birth of freedom.' There was no common source from which all the reporters could have obtained those words but from Lincoln's own lips at the time of delivery. It will not do to say that [Secretary of War] Stanton suggested those words after Lincoln's return to Washington, for the words were telegraphed by at least three reporters on the afternoon of the delivery.

How does anyone know the one Obama recited was the "first"?

I don't think anyone has claimed that Obama recited the "first" draft of the speech, although it's generally accepted that the "Nikolay version" was the draft that Lincoln actually read from, during the speech.

I don't think anyone has claimed that Obama recited the "first" draft of the speech, although it's generally accepted that the "Nikolay version" was the draft that Lincoln actually read from, during the speech.

Does it really matter?

Point being Obama chose the version that removes under God, but seems to want to invoke God when he needs it.

A sometimes Christian is no Christian at all I'm afraid.....

Does it really matter?

Point being Obama chose the version that removes under God, but seems to want to invoke God when he needs it.

A sometimes Christian is no Christian at all I'm afraid.....

You keep claiming that Obama "chose" which version to read, but the people who made the documentary say that they asked Obama to read that version.

Well, it was a very good question.

Seriously.

It's a question that scholars are still debating to this day. It's not like we have audio recordings of it.

Sadly....

It would suck if Lincoln sounded like Obama....

According to what I have read, Lincoln supposedly had a bit of a nasally higher pitched tenor to his voice. Who knows if that's true...

As to the speech he delivered there is record of three separate reporters having telegraphed the speech and all are the same. Lincoln also signed only one of the versions.

Forum List

Back