CNN’s Anderson Cooper Reveals Team Obama Threatens Insurance Providers Who Openly Con

Obama and his gang are nothing but a bunch of thugs. We've known this since before he was elected. I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this kind of behavior. It's typical of left-wing regimes.
Indeed. People don't agree with the progressive agenda unless they're either bribed or threatened.

So, Obama is threatening to stop Insurance companies from participating in Obamacare if they attack it.

If its so bad, why would the insurance companies care if they weren't allowed to participate?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Because if they don't participate in Obamacare, they can't sell any insurance at all.

Of course they can. What are you talking about?

To whom would they sell it? Buying on the exchanges is mandatory, remember?

Because if they don't participate in Obamacare, they can't sell any insurance at all.

No, it's not. Jesus fucking Christ.

It is in no way "mandatory" to use the exchanges.

So, Obama is threatening to stop Insurance companies from participating in Obamacare if they attack it.

If its so bad, why would the insurance companies care if they weren't allowed to participate?

They can, only policies approved by the government.

Ame®icano;8081039 said:

They can, only policies approved by the government.

The policies must contain minimum coverage levels set by the government. But the policies do not have to be "approved" individually.

Such threats are blatantly illegal. If a Republican president engaged in such behavior, impeachment proceedings would commence immediate, followed by criminal prosecution, but it's just another typical day in the reign of His Supreme Majesty Obama.

Nonsense.

There is no law against choosing not to do business with companies who publicly shit-talk you.

There definitely is a law that bars government from discriminating against any company simply because of something they have said to the media. It's called the First Amendment. Talking "shit" about the government is precisely the kind of speech the First Amendment was intended to protect.

Such threats are blatantly illegal. If a Republican president engaged in such behavior, impeachment proceedings would commence immediate, followed by criminal prosecution, but it's just another typical day in the reign of His Supreme Majesty Obama.

Nonsense.

There is no law against choosing not to do business with companies who publicly shit-talk you.

There definitely is a law that bars government from discriminating against any company simply because of something they have said to the media. It's called the First Amendment.

Perhaps you should re-read that Amendment.

Unless Congress is passing a law I'm not aware of, the First doesn't apply.

Nonsense.

CNN: White House Pressuring Insurance Companies To Not Criticize ObamaCare | NewsBusters

Nobody is shit-talking the President.

On CNN's Anderson Cooper 360 Tuesday, investigative reporter Drew Griffin exposed allegations that the White House is pressuring insurance companies to not publicly criticize ObamaCare (video follows with transcript and commentary)

Last edited:
Nonsense.

There definitely is a law that bars government from discriminating against any company simply because of something they have said to the media. It's called the First Amendment.

Wrong. You think Federal bureaucrats are allowed to persecute people who say things they don't like? What do you think the whole IRS scandal is about? People are going to jail over that debacle.

Have you been paying any attention at all?

Clearly, more than you have.

It is mandatory to have insurance, as of March of next year.

There is absolutely no requirement that you purchase it on the exchanges.

Wrong. You think Federal bureaucrats are allowed to persecute people who say things they don't like? What do you think the whole IRS scandal is about? People are going to jail over that debacle.

It's not "persecution" to choose not to do business with a company.

Sure it is, when you are the government. Do you think it should be legal for the government to choose not to do business with blacks and Hispanics?

Sure it is, when you are the government. Do you think it should be legal for the government to choose not to do business with blacks and Hispanics?

Well, there is actually a law that prevents the government from discriminating based on race, creed, orientation, etc.

Not just your imaginary interpretation of the First Amendment.

Have you been paying any attention at all?

Clearly, more than you have.

It is mandatory to have insurance, as of March of next year.

There is absolutely no requirement that you purchase it on the exchanges.
There is if you want the subsidies. You don't get them if you don't purchase on the exchanges.

Well, there is actually a law that prevents the government from discriminating based on race, creed, orientation, etc.

It's not imaginary. Only the lowest kind of bootlicker would imagine that the government is entitled to penalize citizens of the United States because politicians don't like what they have to say. That goes against every principle this country was founded on. However, it's right in line with the ideals of Obama and his goons.

But you go right ahead and keep defending this thuggish behavior. It's fun watching you twist yourself into a pretzel.

It's not imaginary. Only the lowest kind of bootlicker would imagine that the government is entitled to penalize citizens of the United States because politicians don't like what they have to say. That goes against every principle this country was founded on. However, it's right in line with the ideals of Obama and his goons.

But you go right ahead and keep defending this thuggish behavior. It's fun watching you twist yourself into a pretzel.

By that metric, it's "persecution" that the government hasn't hired Code Pink as a military contractor.

Doc,

You might want to listen to the the piece again more carefully. The specific statement was "48% of insurance companies revenues come from Medicare and Medicaid." That is what they are being threatened with. Both my wife and I have post-graduate degrees in health care, and have worked for very large health care corporations for years.

If the threat alleged on Anderson Cooper's Show is real...that is very significant. For example, I managed contracting services for Evercare. That is a Medicare product sold through United Healthcare. That program exists through a license granted by the Federal Government. When the license periods expires (It lasts five years) what if the Government suddenly decides not to renew?

It is a serious threat if true. Listen to the piece again. :)

Last edited:

Doc,

You might want to listen to the the piece again more carefully. The specific statement was "48% of insurance companies revenues come from Medicare and Medicaid." That is what they are being threatened with. Both my wife and I have post-graduate degrees in health care, and have worked for very large health care corporations for years.

If the threat alleged on Anderson Cooper's Show is real...that is very significant. For example, I managed contracting services for Evercare. That is a Medicare product sold through United Healthcare. That program exists through a license granted by the Federal Government. When the license periods expires (It lasts five years) what if the Government suddenly decides not to renew?

It is a serious threat if true. Listen to the piece again. :)

You might regret telling me to watch it - because now that I have, it's pretty clear the whole thing is likely bullshit.

The whole story is based on a well-known anti-Obamacare lobbyist's unnamed "insider sources".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back