Cobra derringer...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Comes in 22LR, 22 WMR, .38, 9mm. for $129 locally.

Made in the USA from parts manufactured in the US.

Cobra-Derringer-courtesy-exurbanleague.com_.jpg

Review.

Thoughts?

Looks like some parts are "stamped" though of course the barrel can't be. Horrendous trigger pull? Down AND Back? No thanks Jeff, I'll stick with Glocks for now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XbSn55LU4]Cobra Derringer .38 Special review - YouTube[/ame]

I have one that was made by the company before it was Cobra. .32 ACP, easy to fire but the only thing that keeps it from flipping all the way over when firing it is the hammer spur.

I have one that was made by the company before it was Cobra. .32 ACP, easy to fire but the only thing that keeps it from flipping all the way over when firing it is the hammer spur.

I'm thinking about the .22 WMR...so hopefully that won't be as must recoil to manage.

Comes in 22LR, 22 WMR, .38, 9mm. for $129 locally.

Made in the USA from parts manufactured in the US.

Cobra-Derringer-courtesy-exurbanleague.com_.jpg

Review.

Thoughts?
Very nice little defensive pocket gun. My personal preference would be .38. In fact, I would much prefer .357 magnum.

Davis used to make a .357 derringer but I believe it's been discontinued because of limited demand, which I find hard to understand. Because the purpose of a derringer is to stop an attacker, so why not make the best effort? A .357 Hydro-Shock bullet in the belly is definitely going to stop even a 300-pound raging psycho, whereas a .22, even a .22 WMR, might not.

Anyway, this is a pretty little gun and would be a pleasure to own.

Looks like some parts are "stamped" though of course the barrel can't be. Horrendous trigger pull? Down AND Back? No thanks Jeff, I'll stick with Glocks for now.

Cobra Derringer .38 Special review - YouTube
Unless Glock makes a derringer I will assume you are talking about a full-size automatic pistol -- which is not at all concealable in summer clothing and tends to be clumsy, clunky, and just plain uncomfortable to wear.

A derringer's trigger pull is designed to be hard specifically to prevent accidental discharge. But that should not and would not be a problem if and when it becomes necessary to fire the weapon. And because a derringer is expected to be used at very close range there is no need for the accuracy factor of a light, smooth trigger.

Forum List

Back