Cochran conference call ambushed - this is worth hearing....

And just to get a better look at this in historical context, since Steph is all approval/disapproval happy:

Approval_27267_image001.png

:D

How do we pay down 17 Trillion in debt and get the 129 Trillion in unfunded mandates under control?

How do we pay down 17 Trillion in debt and get the 129 Trillion in unfunded mandates under control?

Where do you come up with the figure of 129 TRILLION?

You realize that the entire world's economy (GDP) is roughly 48 TRILLION, right?

The numbers don't add up.

It's more than just interesting, this 'tea party' thing has gotten out of control, that's been the case for some time now, at least since 2010; and the GOP seems helpless to check this reckless extremism.

I am going to be more neutral about that and just say that the voters will decide what they think of the TP and it's influence.

It may shock the hell out of some Righties, but there are some principles that the TP claims to hold to, principles that I share, esp. fiscal responsibility. The only problem is the application thereof and the TPs sudden mixing-it up with social issues when at the onset, the TP claimed to not be interested in social issues.

Plus, for my way of thinking, there is no TP. It's just the most extreme Right-Wing of an already whacked-out GOP.

But that's just my opinion.

The credit rating downgrade, sequester, and shutting down the government collectively does not constitute 'fiscal responsibility.'

TPM republicans are reckless, irresponsible, and have no interest in sound and appropriate governance,

Their ignorant and naïve reactionaryism is bad for the GOP and bad for the Nation as a whole. We need responsible adults in Congress willing to work together to address the Nation's problems, not the petulant children who are the TPM.

I recall how Obama said the world would come to an end with a credit downgrade.

guess what ?

I am going to be more neutral about that and just say that the voters will decide what they think of the TP and it's influence.

It may shock the hell out of some Righties, but there are some principles that the TP claims to hold to, principles that I share, esp. fiscal responsibility. The only problem is the application thereof and the TPs sudden mixing-it up with social issues when at the onset, the TP claimed to not be interested in social issues.

Plus, for my way of thinking, there is no TP. It's just the most extreme Right-Wing of an already whacked-out GOP.

The credit rating downgrade, sequester, and shutting down the government collectively does not constitute 'fiscal responsibility.'

TPM republicans are reckless, irresponsible, and have no interest in sound and appropriate governance,

Their ignorant and naïve reactionaryism is bad for the GOP and bad for the Nation as a whole. We need responsible adults in Congress willing to work together to address the Nation's problems, not the petulant children who are the TPM.

I recall how Obama said the world would come to an end with a credit downgrade.

guess what ?

Got an exact quote for that bullshit? Link? Video? When and where did our President say that?

Uhuh.... this should be fun.

You realize that the entire world's economy (GDP) is roughly 48 TRILLION, right?

Of course the numbers don't add up, no one in the world has that much money and the unfunded government promises has to be stopped.

It has gone down, due to some of our cut backs, especially in our unfunded pensions.
I should have said liabilities.
I have not checked it lately.
It is now at 122 trillion.
Still a big number and has to be gotten under control.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Of course the numbers don't add up, no one in the world has that much money and the unfunded government promises has to be stopped.

It has gone down, due to some of our cut backs, especially in our unfunded pensions.
I should have said liabilities.
I have not checked it lately.
It is now at 122 trillion.
Still a big number and has to be gotten under control.
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Nice debt clock, I like.

Now, where exactly is that 122 TRILLION figure? It's not there. :eusa_shifty:

Press Call Ambushed By Caller Who Asked If Cochran 'Harvested' Votes From 'Blacks Picking Cotton' (AUDIO)

(audio at the link, 20 minutes long, the ambush happens at about 8:30)

A conference call by top staffers for Sen. Thad Cochran's (R-MS) campaign was cut short after a caller on the line kept asking about "blacks picking Cotton" and the Cochran campaign harvesting votes of black people.

The call was hosted by Cochran campaign adviser Austin Barbour and spokesman Jordan Russell. It was meant for national media who couldn't attend an earlier in-person press conference where the Cochran campaign called on state Sen. Chris McDaniel's (R) campaign to substantiate claims of finding widespread voter fraud in the runoff election between McDaniel and Cochran (which Cochran won).

Shortly before the call, obscure conservative blogger Chuck Johnson, who published a story recently alleging that the Cochran campaign was buying black votes at $15 a pop, said he would be joining the call and invited others to do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much more at the link above. But of course, those callers didn't mean anything in a racist way, of course. :eek: Why, everyone always refers to black people and picking cotton and getting "harvested" in the same sentence all the time, right? :eek:

Uhuh....

Ahh, Mississippi politics is really a thing to behold, what?

[MENTION=42949]bendog[/MENTION] - thought you would get a hoot out of this one.

tumblr_lwlf4nzsjf1r4k4dho1_500.png

You know the Tea Party is a viable threat when day in and day out there are scores of threads started by the resident leftists blaming them for everything from racism to the economy. Let them flame.. No one listens or trusts leftists any longer.. They're their own Cult.

Because there's no undertone of bigotry in the Tea Party...

Leftists on display- I can trade posts with you all day long..

Attachments

• $Occupy2.jpg
    $Occupy2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 63
  • $occupy1.jpg
    $occupy1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 57
  • $occupy_wall_street.jpg
    $occupy_wall_street.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 57
You know the Tea Party is a viable threat when day in and day out there are scores of threads started by the resident leftists blaming them for everything from racism to the economy. Let them flame.. No one listens or trusts leftists any longer.. They're their own Cult.

you're right there...they can't run on a positive record...all they do is hate, smear, and destroy

look what their doing with Hobby Lobby, it's nasty ugly...they horrible when they win and worse when they lose

It's more than just interesting, this 'tea party' thing has gotten out of control, that's been the case for some time now, at least since 2010; and the GOP seems helpless to check this reckless extremism.

Good points, and RIP Naftali Fraenkel, Gilad Shaar, and Eyal Yifrach.

Good points, and RIP Naftali Fraenkel, Gilad Shaar, and Eyal Yifrach.

:thup:

I don't see the Tea Party as a threat at all.

I have friends who are Tea Party members. We get along just fine.

There are some things that Tea Partiers believe, that I could get on board for.

Only, their application of these ideas just plain old sucks.

Oh, and the fact that the TPM is almost 100% white and much of it is virulently racist. That probably doesn't help much.

I don't see the Tea Party as a threat at all.

I have friends who are Tea Party members. We get along just fine.

There are some things that Tea Partiers believe, that I could get on board for.

Only, their application of these ideas just plain old sucks.

Oh, and the fact that the TPM is almost 100% white and much of it is virulently racist. That probably doesn't help much.

Your puppet strings need new grease librul. Show me.. I've yet to find ONE single Kook leftist to prove that lie.. You made the charge, now prove it.

On the hand, we did see the LEFTIST in photos with their Anti-Semitic hatred raging.. Looks like the racists are folded within your own tent.. Take that fucking log out of your eye when trying to remove the speck in someone elses.

Forum List

Back