Cochran primary won by Black Democrats

[MENTION=27958]LadyGunSlinger[/MENTION] -

There is no doubt that black Democrats helped Cochran to victory. Thad Cochran made it clear that this was part of his end-strategy. It was a very open-secret, if you will.

This is also legal in Mississippi.

Now, I want to take just a sec and remind you that because of Federalism, each state gets to make it's own rules about the nuts-and-bolts of "electioneering", since strict provisions for this aspect of holding elections was not written into the US Constitution.

I also put out an extremely large thread about this very issue many months ago:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/333884-electioneering.html

But I can understand your feelings. What happened was, essentially, a dirty trick, but a LEGAL dirty trick.

Having seen black voter suppression attempts backfire in 2012, Cochran latched onto that. And it worked.

Now, actually, the Democrats likely threw away their chances for making this race competitive in the Fall, but I doubt that is much consolation for Conservatives who hold the view that Cochran is a RINO.

Either way, it is now electoral history.

I just watched McDaniel's non-concession concession speech (about 10 minutes in length).

Hey, is that a Confederate Flag behind him, or the flag of Mississippi? I really cannot tell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhXfr64R_P8

McDaniel, in his speech, called MS the most Conservative state in the Union. I wonder where he gets his data to back that claim up. I bet that Utahns, Wyomingers and Sooners would disagree with him on that point.

I could be wrong, but at the 8 minute mark, it sure sounds like he is calling for a recount.

I am thinking that a write-in campaign for McDaniel in the Fall could be a possibility.

It may surprise you, but I thank you for making this thread. I also think you should ask the mods to move it into the elections section. Would you consider doing that?

Stat

Thank you for a well thought out response. Some of what you stated I agree with. It's also politics .. so why do you want it moved now? This is around the time Conservatives begin posting.. after work.. No deal.. it's been here all day in politics because it is politics.

Because in the elections section, there is already a great deal of data over the Cochran/McDaniel races, your thread would add to the richness of that data, and in the future, a search in one sub-forum is quicker than a search in the entire forum. So, there is a method to my madness, here....

:D

I have a better idea.. ask your liberal friends to move theirs. :D

What a proud day for Liberals.. Lying to poor old black people to scare them in to voting for a party they've never cast a vote for before, in their entire lives..

I think it's pretty funny actually. Did you have a problem with limbaugh when he launched that crap called "Operation Chaos"? I think that it is actually a good thing because it shows people the power of their vote, this may make some Black people be more open to voting Republican. Do you think that the Black people who voted have more in common with the Tea Party candidates stances or the Republican candidate's stances?

What a proud day for Liberals.. Lying to poor old black people to scare them in to voting for a party they've never cast a vote for before, in their entire lives..

I think it's pretty funny actually. Did you have a problem with limbaugh when he launched that crap called "Operation Chaos"? I think that it is actually a good thing because it shows people the power of their vote, this may make some Black people be more open to voting Republican. Do you think that the Black people who voted have more in common with the Tea Party candidates stances or the Republican candidate's stances?

Touche.

Pheonixops - 1.
LGS - 0

I don't have a problem with Cross-over votes so long as they didn't already vote in a Democrat primary.. my problem comes down to the lies- PROPAGANDA campaign.. the fliers sent out.. But nice try Phoenix.. F A I L

Touche.

Pheonixops - 1.
LGS - 0

Ohh lookie.. It's Dora's score card right here on an adult forum.. :eek:

Thank you for a well thought out response. Some of what you stated I agree with. It's also politics .. so why do you want it moved now? This is around the time Conservatives begin posting.. after work.. No deal.. it's been here all day in politics because it is politics.

Because in the elections section, there is already a great deal of data over the Cochran/McDaniel races, your thread would add to the richness of that data, and in the future, a search in one sub-forum is quicker than a search in the entire forum. So, there is a method to my madness, here....

I can't view your video. Is that from last night, or has he spoken today?

Anyway, I wasted away my lunch hour by looking over county by county vote tallies from the June 3 and yesterday's votes, and as far as race goes, I think it's a mixed bag. Cochran probably picked up some African American votes, but to say that was the only thing going on ..... oversimplification.

The best evidence for African American influence is Hinds County, where the capital is. Cochran gained 7000 but McDaniel LOST 1500. Those weren't black votes. Moreover, Cochran was campaigning at the states three largest hospitals where medicare is the bomb.

Moreover, in the capital's two major suburbs, Cochran gained 3200 votes. Those are mostly white.

In Jackson County on the Coast, which is largely white, Cochran flipped it. He gained 950votes and McDaniel lost 1000.

Cochran cut into McDaniel's victory margin in several counties

Washington and Warren no doubt had some African American votes for Cochran. An alphabetical list of counties that I thought showed a significant statistical change from June 3.

Desoto (Memphis suburb. On June 3, Cochran was stunned to lose this county because of all the economic development from infrastructure, but as it turned out most people in this county are NOT natives of Mississippi, thus the loyalty Cochran expected was nonexistent.)
In the runoff, McDaniel still won by 1600, but Cochran narrowed that margin by 450. White county. Cochran out campaigned him. It’s the best school district in the state, and possibly McDaniel’s comments on no federal dollars for education came back to bite him.

Forrest. (Pinebelt considered to be McDaniel home turf) In the runoff, McDaniel again won this county with 5600 votes, but Cochran cut the margin by 700. There’s a reason the county’s named for nathan bedford forrest.

Hinds. (66% african american. Also home to three major hospitals getting federal dollars) Cochran won with almost 18,000 votes. In the runoff, Cochran gained 7,000 votes but McDaniel lost 1,500 votes. Obviously, african americans played some role, but a lot of white folks work in healthcare. McDaniel’s totals show some buyers remorse. Possibly breaking into the county courthouse was a negative to voters.

Jackson (A southern gulf of mexico county. Largely White. On June 3, Cochran was surprised to lose it) In the runoff, Cochran flipped it. He gained 950 votes and McDaniel lost 1000. Cochran campaigned heavily here the last two weeks.

Lafayette (Cochran’s home and the home of THE OLE MISS REBELS. Largely White) Cochran increased his vote totals by 700 over McDaniel in the runoff.

Madison (the most affluent county. Largely white, but integrated) Cochran increased his margin of victory by 2,000 in the runoff. The local leaders and transportation people were all over the tea party folks the past two weeks.

Oktibbeha (home of Mississippi State University, and imo a nice place. I think there’s racial diversity here, but obviously a lot of people work for the school) Cochran gained 750 votes in the runoff.

Rankin (another urban suburb, though this is a tad more redneck. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. It is VERY white and has pretty decent public schools) Cochran increased his margin by 1,200 in the runoff.

Washington (the largest Delta county and very african american. Cochran got 2350 votes for with a gain of 950 But interestingly, McDaniel gained 250 votes to get all the way to 850.)

Warren (also VERY black. Home of Vicksburg, which surrendered to the Yankee Scum US Grant on July 4, 1863, leading the city to not celebrate the Fourth of July for about one century.) Cochran picked up 600 votes to win with 3150, but McDaniel picked up 200 in the runoff)

A couple of random McDaniel counties that got my attention.

Marshall County (Northern part of the state above Ole Miss. Racially about 50-50) McDaniel picked up 550. I have no idea why.

Pearl River (another Katrina kicked their azz county) McDaniel won by 5800 to 2150, gaining 1000 votes in the runoff.

Tate County (just South of DeSoto, home of where Cochran got his azz kicked on June 3, and largely White) McDaniel picked up another 700.

WOW! Outstanding and very well researched post.

For the record. 'We' are not racist.

Your comments are incorrect and based on emotion. But I get it

-Geaux

Then why is the GOP 90% white?

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'? - CSMonitor.com

Notice how everything comes down to skin color with liberals?? They even have contrived numbers.. they must google their chunky fingers off daily in order to look up anything to do with race.

Your OP was about "skin color".

Not Operation Chaos, LIES.. Pure lies and scare tactics... Lying to a segment of the poor black community.. Using them.. If you're proud of that- claim it and own it.

:lol:

Notice how everything comes down to skin color with liberals?? They even have contrived numbers.. they must google their chunky fingers off daily in order to look up anything to do with race.

Your OP was about "skin color".

Not Operation Chaos, LIES.. Pure lies and scare tactics... Lying to a segment of the poor black community.. Using them.. If you're proud of that- claim it and own it.

she does that a lot.

Blames other people for using a tactic that she is using.

I think it's called projection.

Poster child here.

I have a better idea.. ask your liberal friends to move theirs. :D

I have a better idea yet. Coffee, flowers, chocolates and let's talk about that elections section. Hint: it ain't liberal. It's data, data, data..... ahhhh....

So, your continent, or mine?

Last edited:
o-JUDGE-JOE-BROWN-ARRESTED-facebook.jpg

"I believe the facts state quite clearly that the o.p. made it about race.."

I don't have a problem with Cross-over votes so long as they didn't already vote in a Democrat primary..

Whoa, flip flop of the day.

So you honestly believe the tea party wants to stop blacks from voting. You're part of the problem.

No. I understand what the efforts at voter suppression have been about. The far right hasn't exactly been coy in admitting it.

Tea Partier Admits Republicans Don't Want African Americans To Vote. No Sh*t. | The Daily Banter

and in Florida, after the deposition of a party official:

Fla. Republican: We wanted to suppress black votes - Salon.com

Ohio GOP Admits Early Voting Cutbacks Are Racially Motivated

Ohio GOP Admits Early Voting Cutbacks Are Racially Motivated | The Nation

and a video

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zYGYBw&usg=AFQjCNEzMboLUDOA9UKoN0dQc7MtxSQAsw

so now do you want to pull a willie nelson and ask if i'm going to believe you or my lying eyes?

So apparently FACTS are "part of the problem"

seems so. they do get in the way, you know.

It's a simple yes or no. Do you approve of campaign posters like this one?

It's not a simple yes or no. I approve of politicians using campaign posters as part of their campaigns,

as long as they take them down after the election.

Bwhahahaha:lol::lol:

Translated: I'm a librul propaganda machine and approve of all lies, scare tactics, whatever it takes to win so long as you take the poster down. OMG. <spits on the ground>

This type of corrupt trash has no integrity, honor, and despises the constitution. The problem.

Is this thread about race or is it about white people being pissed off at black people?

You know he came very close to winning. I would run him third party.

A stupid idea. Mississippi is a red state. Whoever the GOP candidate is will win. If you run a right wing candidate as a third party candidate, that will split the Republican vote and the Democrat will win.

Travis Childers would LOVE for McDaniel to run as a third party candidate.

2la37v7.jpg

pleasepleasepleaseplease...

If this librul windbag says it's a stupid idea, do it.. LMAO

G5k isn't a liberal, you dingbat.

A stupid idea. Mississippi is a red state. Whoever the GOP candidate is will win. If you run a right wing candidate as a third party candidate, that will split the Republican vote and the Democrat will win.

Travis Childers would LOVE for McDaniel to run as a third party candidate.

2la37v7.jpg

pleasepleasepleaseplease...

If this librul windbag says it's a stupid idea, do it.. LMAO

G5k isn't a liberal, you dingbat.

Well, I'm glad we got that one all tidied up.....

Imo, this was a bit different from VA. I assume dems crossed over for Blat, but Cantor seemed a weasel. I think the problem for the TMP in the House is they simply can be for anything beyond shutting down govt over obamacare. I don't like Obamacare, but I don't want the govt shutdown, and the people without insurance need insurance ... and probably community health centers. That costs money, and they ain't got it. Cantor's annoyed the "shut er down" group, and I will be happy to never see him on TV again.

In Mississippi, Chris McDaniel really did send a coal chill down the spine of a lot of black folks. The only promise Cochran needed to make was Chris McDaniel is not going to be a senator. That's all they needed to hear.

I was just reading about a strange election law in Mississippi. That whoever you vote for in the primary you have to vote for in the general.

Is this true?

If a voter in Mississippi crosses over and votes for the other "side" in a Primary, then yes.. they will not be allowed to cross back over in the election cycle.. so Democrats have actually screwed themselves .. LOL

Hehehehe. I was rubbing my eyes (only second cup of coffee) thinking the Dems are legally FUBAR'd when I read it.

I wanted to double check with someone who knew. Too funny!

I think that her assertion is bullshit. The law states that if they voted in the Democratic primary, then they can't vote in the republican primary, key words being PRIMARY. In the general election they can vote for who they want to vote for because it's supposed to be private and people can vote for who they want in a GENERAL ELECTION.

Maybe I am wrong, if someone can provide a link to information showing that I am wrong, I will laugh and apologize.

Forum List

Back