College Football Playoff picture

If I had to guess what they do? When dust settles. The rest of you....thanks for stopping by. Try again.

AUB ALA OSU CLEM.......maybe OKLA. Only 4 spots.

Many 1-loss (or unbeaten) teams could get shut out while 2-loss AUB and 1-loss ALA go on? So all other DIV-1 schools are "kinda eligible" (but not really) depending how some drunken sportswriter stacks up his ratings? Which booster brings the most hookers and whiskey?

Why not make bowl eligible teams list only? The rest don't need to play games. Just wait for your Peach bowl vs. a 6 loss KSU and shut up now. After all WISC beat NorthWestern! They should be automatic. CBS wants ALA, the regular season really does not mean anything. Carry on TCU UCF MEM etc.

Well, Alabama, with 1 loss to a top ranked team, should get in before TCU with 2 losses.

If I had to guess what they do? When dust settles. The rest of you....thanks for stopping by. Try again.

AUB ALA OSU CLEM.......maybe OKLA. Only 4 spots.

Nah, I see it working out differently.

The winner of the Ohio State/Wisconsin game
The winner of the Clemson/Miami game
The winner of the Auburn/Georgia game
The winner of the Oklahoma/TCU game

All conference champions.

Well, Alabama, with 1 loss to a top ranked team, should get in before TCU with 2 losses.

It wouldn't be the first time Bama could end up in the National Championship without winning their Division nor Conference ... :thup:

It wouldn't be the first time Bama could end up in the National Championship without winning their Division nor Conference ... :thup:

Yep. And that time I think we absolutely deserved it. Our only loss was by 3 points to the #1 team, while the only other team with any claim was OK State, who lost to an unranked opponent who ended the season with a losing record. With 2 teams with only 1 loss, who you lost to counts for plenty. As the BCS Championship showed.

Yep. And that time I think we absolutely deserved it. Our only loss was by 3 points to the #1 team, while the only other team with any claim was OK State, who lost to an unranked opponent who ended the season with a losing record. With 2 teams with only 1 loss, who you lost to counts for plenty. As the BCS Championship showed.

No ... They didn't deserve it ... They got a Mulligan at best ... :thup:

Oh, there is a rule against two teams playing each other twice? That will be your little secret.

Alabama held LSU to 9 points in their regular season game. Outside of the two games against Bama, LSU averaged 41 points, and held their opponents to an average of 11 points per game.

LSU beat Alabama by 3 points and it took overtime to do that.

Oklahoma State lost to an unranked Iowa State who finished the year 6-7. But you think OK State should have played LSU?

Alabama played more ranked teams than OK State and lost to a far superior opponent than the one that beat the Cowboys. Not a mulligan. The right choice. OK State would have had their ass handed to them by LSU.

Oh, and there were actually 2 good things that came out of that BCS Championship at the end of the 2011 season.

First, it brought enough support for a playoff that we don't have that old system anymore.
Second, you got to see an SEC team lose the BCS Championship game.

Oh, there is a rule against two teams playing each other twice? That will be your little secret.

Alabama held LSU to 9 points in their regular season game. Outside of the two games against Bama, LSU averaged 41 points, and held their opponents to an average of 11 points per game.

Oklahoma State lost to an unranked Iowa State who finished the year 6-7. But you think OK State should have played LSU?

Alabama played more ranked teams than OK State and lost to a far superior opponent than the one that beat the Cowboys. Not a mulligan. The right choice. OK State would have had their ass handed to them by LSU.

As a LSU Alumni ... I don't need a recap ... :thup:

It is kind of odd you want to make the case the games Bama won during the season made a difference ... But you don't want to count the one they lost.
They didn't win their Division ... Much less their Conference.

Oklahoma State should have played, but that is neither here nor there ... It is done ... There's no crying on football.

It is kind of odd you want to make the case the games Bama won during the season made a difference ... But you don't want to count the one they lost.

Oklahoma State should have played, but that is neither here nor there ... It is done ... There's no crying on football.

No where in the BCS Championship formula is there anything about winning your conference or even your division. After the very close loss to LSU they dropped to 3rd in the BCS polls. Then the #2 team lost to an unranked opponent.

And actually, I have talked about the loss several times. Making the point that Bama lost to the #1 team in a very close game. While OK State lost to an unranked opponent.

You are an LSU alumni? No wonder you wanted OK State to play in that game.

I didn't say I wanted them to play ... I said they should have played.
You might be from Alabama ... Go play with your crayons.

LMAO!! Hey, you brought up that game. I just explained why it was not a mistake.

LSU would have killed OK State. As it was, LSU got manhandled. And yes, I am from Alabama. And a proud alum of the UofA.

LMAO!! Hey, you brought up that game. I just explained why it was not a mistake.

LSU would have killed OK State. As it was, LSU got manhandled. And yes, I am from Alabama. And a proud alum of the UofA.

That just means you can put your diploma on the dash and park in any handicapped spot in the state of Alabama.

That just means you can put your diploma on the dash and park in any handicapped spot in the state of Alabama.

Oh no, are we going to swap auburn/Alabama jokes now?

Do you know what an auburn cheerleader and a catfish have in common? One has whiskers and smells bad. The other is a fish.

Oh no, are we going to swap auburn/Alabama jokes now?

Do you know what an auburn cheerleader and a catfish have in common? One has whiskers and smells bad. The other is a fish.

My wife went to Auburn and was a cheerleader. You know not of what you speak! :D

If you have more "A"s on your truck than you got in 13 years of school, you might be an Alabama fan!

Forum List

Back