College without sports

Imagine, if you will, American colleges deciding collectively that while they can hold classed in a fairly rational manner under the Covid constraints, in sports it's just not feasible. There is too much contact and "togetherness" intrinsic with Sport, so they just drop sports altogether...for a time.

The fact is that the vast majority of college sports programs lose money. They make a bit of money on football and basketball, and those surpluses partially fund the other sports ("stupid sports"), but overall, when considering the staff, facilities, and expenses of the sports programs overall, they lose money.

Then maybe they would make it permanent. No college sports. No athletic scholarships. No AD's. Just like EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, where college sports is/are a total mystery.

To quote the old song lyric, "...what a wonderful world it would be."

Post-high school Yoots who want to play sports would have to play for "club" teams. The major leagues would have to support minor-professional leagues to nurture the talent, rather than forcing the colleges to do their work for them.

Can you even imagine it?

There should be zero, none, nada athletic programs at public colleges and universities outside intramural athletics. Private schools can do whatever they want. If you want to play professional football, you can just apply for it like any other job.

Another 98lb weakling who wishes his own shortcomings were reflected in reality.

Imagine, if you will, American colleges deciding collectively that while they can hold classed in a fairly rational manner under the Covid constraints, in sports it's just not feasible. There is too much contact and "togetherness" intrinsic with Sport, so they just drop sports altogether...for a time.

The fact is that the vast majority of college sports programs lose money. They make a bit of money on football and basketball, and those surpluses partially fund the other sports ("stupid sports"), but overall, when considering the staff, facilities, and expenses of the sports programs overall, they lose money.

Then maybe they would make it permanent. No college sports. No athletic scholarships. No AD's. Just like EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, where college sports is/are a total mystery.

Post-high school Yoots who want to play sports would have to play for "club" teams. The major leagues would have to support minor-professional leagues to nurture the talent, rather than forcing the colleges to do their work for them.

Can you even imagine it?

There should be zero, none, nada athletic programs at public colleges and universities outside intramural athletics. Private schools can do whatever they want. If you want to play professional football, you can just apply for it like any other job.

Another 98lb weakling who wishes his own shortcomings were reflected in reality.

I guess when you can't argue on facts, you have to resort to the personal attack. Is that what sports taught you?

Can you even imagine it?

I guess when you can't argue on facts, you have to resort to the personal attack. Is that what sports taught you?
You provided no "facts," just your ignorant opinion.

Can you even imagine it?

You provided no "facts," just your ignorant opinion.

As did you. Again, is that what sports taught you fuck face?

.....football and basketball scholarships discriminate against white students --plain and simple....
disciminate against white boys you done bumped your head. I am white and guess what got me a scholarship. may not see a bunch of white dudes on major college basketball teams but plenty amongst smaller schools. Look at the smaller schools and whites many times out number blacks on the football team. I did not need help to compete and atheletes want to face atheletes no matter what the color. I do not know an athelete that does not want to face good competition. I bowl jackpots these days with a hall of famer and lose consistantly but the experience is priceless. I fish with pro fisherman and get beat regularly but every time I fish with them I lose less. You are obvously not an athelete. Discimination is to rid me of these oportunities.
you obviously are an amateur and dumbass
13% of the population--who graduate high school at lower rates--but make up almost 60% of the NCAA?????!!! - discrimination
your obviously a peice of trash racist go fuck your self. you need momma to tell you are better because you are white but then say you need hlep to compete.. LOL go fuck your peice of trash cryiing bitch self. go play tiddly winnks with your children your bitch ass might win and you can feel good about your self for a minute.
hahahhahahahahahahahahhaah
wow---typical --the truth hurts you people and facts make you upset
hahahahahahahahhahaha
ya i get it you need help to protect you from the black man we all geti t. you cant compete and want special consideration. We all get it. I guess you could not beat the kids at tiddly winks. maybe next time. Bet your bitch ass hurts dont it!LOL
so you prove you haven't graduated 4th grade math
I have proven that your bitch ass is mad because you cant do anything and sat at home jacking off instead of doing what ya needed to do to get a scholarship. Now you wanna take away others chances because you are defective. You wanna be protected class. we all get it. Its not fair mikey gets to do it but I do not. LOL what is it like knowing you cant take care of your self, no wonder you are mad. LOL
you sure do not sound white...

.....football and basketball scholarships discriminate against white students --plain and simple....
disciminate against white boys you done bumped your head. I am white and guess what got me a scholarship. may not see a bunch of white dudes on major college basketball teams but plenty amongst smaller schools. Look at the smaller schools and whites many times out number blacks on the football team. I did not need help to compete and atheletes want to face atheletes no matter what the color. I do not know an athelete that does not want to face good competition. I bowl jackpots these days with a hall of famer and lose consistantly but the experience is priceless. I fish with pro fisherman and get beat regularly but every time I fish with them I lose less. You are obvously not an athelete. Discimination is to rid me of these oportunities.
13% of the population--who graduate high school at lower rates--but make up almost 60% of the NCAA?????!!! - discrimination
your obviously a peice of trash racist go fuck your self. you need momma to tell you are better because you are white but then say you need hlep to compete.. LOL go fuck your peice of trash cryiing bitch self. go play tiddly winnks with your children your bitch ass might win and you can feel good about your self for a minute.
hahahahahahahahhahaha
ya i get it you need help to protect you from the black man we all geti t. you cant compete and want special consideration. We all get it. I guess you could not beat the kids at tiddly winks. maybe next time. Bet your bitch ass hurts dont it!LOL
I have proven that your bitch ass is mad because you cant do anything and sat at home jacking off instead of doing what ya needed to do to get a scholarship. Now you wanna take away others chances because you are defective. You wanna be protected class. we all get it. Its not fair mikey gets to do it but I do not. LOL what is it like knowing you cant take care of your self, no wonder you are mad. LOL
oh realy? huh what does non white sound like I am curious?

hahahahahahahahhahaha
a lot like you....

As did you. ...
I responded to a troll thread whining about sports by a troll who has whined about sports hundreds of times before. My opinion is based on experience, yours is based on bitterness.

Experience? Yeah sure. No the opinion is based on the stated mission of publicly funded colleges and universities. Football and ice hockey aren't mentioned in those mission statements.

Traveling across the nation on the taxpayer dime to play a meaningless game is not just wasteful, it's an obscene expenditure for the "cash strapped" institutions. If you're an example of what sports produce, you should stop talking. You sound like an idiot.

hahahahahahahahhahaha
a lot like you....
wow awesome deduction dumb fuck but wrong. do not give up your day job buddy, detective you are not.

hahahahahahahahhahaha
a lot like you....
wow awesome deduction dumb fuck but wrong. do not give up your day job buddy, detective you are not.
If you really are white then you are a wigger,,, a white boy that wants to be black

hahahahahahahahhahaha
a lot like you....
If you really are white then you are a wigger,,, a white boy that wants to be black
ya, i am a wigger!LOL so I guess only black peope get scholarships right? White peopl always want to have a handicap at sports right? what a piece of shit you are! Well have fun being a piece of shit, I on the other hand am heading north to the lake where I can finally run fishing charters. Even have a full boat this after noon. I think I would rather focus on some thing good rather than a piece of trash like you! Good day!

....Traveling across the nation on the taxpayer dime to play a meaningless game ....
There it is; the cry of the bitter, envious 98lb weakling. Where are you from? You don't sound like an American.

I wish I weighed 98 pounds.
No, just a taxpayer who doesn't want to see the football coach be the highest paid public employee in the state.
As for "sounding like an American", congratulations; you stooped to a new low.

....Traveling across the nation on the taxpayer dime to play a meaningless game ....
There it is; the cry of the bitter, envious 98lb weakling. Where are you from? You don't sound like an American.

I wish I weighed 98 pounds.
No, just a taxpayer who doesn't want to see the football coach be the highest paid public employee in the state.
As for "sounding like an American", congratulations; you stooped to a new low.
Did you need two hands to push down each key on the keyboard to post your reply, Poindexter? In a state of nature, you're the prey animal Granny feels bad for when she's watching the Nature Channel.

Forum List

Back