Comcast Vs. AT&T U-verse

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
I've been a Comcast cable and internet customer for a few years now, since I moved to California.

Comcast has repeatedly fucked me, raising my rates every six months, to the point where I'm now paying almost twice as much as I did at the begining, for less channels.

So I'm thinking about switching to AT&T U-verse. They're offering a good deal, but it requires a 1-year contract - so I was wondering if anyone had a review.

we dumped Comcast for the very same reasons.

and went with dish.

I thought about Dish, but I need a faster internet connection than they offer. We do a lot of video streaming and online video games.

This is what generally works...tell the person on the phone that before you hangup - one of two things is going to happen:
1) They lower your rates
2) You end your subscription.
They will lower your rates.

I have had a reduction in internet costs through my local phone company. When we began service it was 89.00 a month, now it's 49.00. We live in a very rural area but the phone company put in fiber optic lines around 12 years ago for faster internet and broader broadcast spectrum.
AT&T has offered my Mother in law a rate of 44.00 a month for internet and telephone service witha one year contract.
Right now Dish is losing money and losing markets shares so they are offering even lower prices on their service but I don't like that company, they tend to gouge in the long run on little fees here and there.

I've been a Comcast cable and internet customer for a few years now, since I moved to California.

Comcast has repeatedly fucked me, raising my rates every six months, to the point where I'm now paying almost twice as much as I did at the begining, for less channels.

So I'm thinking about switching to AT&T U-verse. They're offering a good deal, but it requires a 1-year contract - so I was wondering if anyone had a review.
Call customer service. Ask for the Retention department. Tell them that you are leaving Comcast unless you get a better rate. Maybe they will give you HBO for free for 6 months. Or give you the teaser rate that they use to sign new people up. But you'll probably have to sign up for another year or two. You could also ask them to knock off the rental fees for your equipment.

Forum List

Back