Comcast wants me to return inactive equipment?

Since when do they care about equipment that is not being used? I mean I was still being charged for it so I would think they wouldnt care

Return your unused equipment today.
See our no-contact return options.
You currently have one or more Xfinity modems in your home that you have not been using for a few months, and we’re asking you to return them.

You can find serial numbers on the back of the modems. The serial numbers for the inactive equipment in your home are as follows:​
What does your contract agreement say?

I never read it. I just know I have one of their boxes that I havent used since 2017 LOL
Just return it so others may use it.

They want me to do all of this and I dont feel like it

How to return

We want to make equipment returns as easy as possible during this uncertain time. We understand you may not be able to leave your home, so many of our return options are no-contact.

You can also bring your equipment to The UPS Store, where a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us.

Please do this as soon as you can to avoid any additional unreturned equipment fees. If you have any questions, visit Xfinity My Account.

If you have already returned your equipment, you can disregard this message.
Most cable companies supply shitty modems, so i use one from best buy. Any modem from cable company was brought by the cable company. I have one here from Charter not used since the week they brought it and haven't had charter in a couple of years. If they brought it to your house at time of installation, it is there problem to pick it up, and at your convenience. But I am not a lawyer and don't even play on on TV. ;)
I have Xfinity and Their modem is very good. I must Admit.

Since when do they care about equipment that is not being used? I mean I was still being charged for it so I would think they wouldnt care

You currently have one or more Xfinity modems in your home that you have not been using for a few months, and we’re asking you to return them.

You can find serial numbers on the back of the modems. The serial numbers for the inactive equipment in your home are as follows:​

I never read it. I just know I have one of their boxes that I havent used since 2017 LOL

How to return

We want to make equipment returns as easy as possible during this uncertain time. We understand you may not be able to leave your home, so many of our return options are no-contact.

You can also bring your equipment to The UPS Store, where a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us.

Please do this as soon as you can to avoid any additional unreturned equipment fees. If you have any questions, visit Xfinity My Account.

Most cable companies supply shitty modems, so i use one from best buy. Any modem from cable company was brought by the cable company. I have one here from Charter not used since the week they brought it and haven't had charter in a couple of years. If they brought it to your house at time of installation, it is there problem to pick it up, and at your convenience. But I am not a lawyer and don't even play on on TV. ;)

This whole thing is just weird. They can see what equipment is being used? lol

How to return

Yes. In fact they can see what you do on the Web too. It’s nuts.

How to return

Did you look at the Xfinity my account for your question?

How to return

Well yes how do you think they activate it?

As per their standard contract the unused equipment has to be returned or they can charge you with (what is probably) an over inflated price of the equipment. Basically the contract says if you keep it you buy it at the price they determine.

Time for you to go wah.lol

How to return

Even the sticky adult fun websites?

How to return

The cable guy calls in when they do install and gives serial numbers on cable box so they can address and activate it from somewhere on the right hand of God. If you talk to tech support they will sometime ask the serial on the box, especially if you have multiple boxes. Was unaware about modems.

So you are renting something you are not using.

Is this like paying a mistress you are not having sex with?

So you were still paying a rental fee on equipment you didn't use, why?
I used to be a DISH customer then their gear quit working. Every 2-3 years, something would break. They would come out and swap the receiver for another rebuilt one.
This time they wanted me to pay them $95 to come out to repair their gear so I'd have the privilege of still buying their service.
I refused and told them to come get their gear and take it out of here instead.
They refused. They tried to continue billing me for a service package they knew I wasn't even getting now. Filed a complaint with the BBB.
Eventually they tried to bill me hundreds of dollars for the receiver that didn't work.
They had collected far more than that off me over the years in rent.
Four years later every blue moon they still send me a bill hoping I'll send them money.
I throw the things away.
I've stopped kowtowing to businesses who treat me like I work for them.

How to return

Even the sticky adult fun websites?
They don’t likely trigger any buy/sell. But I looked up fire pits and suddenly I am getting tagged for fire pits. I looked up Batman on my phone and on my Amazon Prime, superhero movies and Christian Bale movies were front and center.

OK, did you BUY them?

No it came with the service. Two cables boxes and a modem for the internet. The box on the secondary TV hasnt been in used for 2 years and I didnt realize it. So I could have had a lower bill. Im surprised they want me to lower my bills

It is more than just lowering your bill.
It is for them to avoid litigation from you being charged for something you were not using, and for them to ensure boxes are not being sent to China in order to be reverse engineered.

Comcast fucked me many times.
Had my own router for years and they charged me for the lease of their unit for two years.
Went down and bitched and they said they'd give me my money back. Not only did they continue to charge me but they never gave me my money back.
I've found that you have to go to a Comcast store with records and threaten them before they'll make it right.

OK, did you BUY them?

No it came with the service. Two cables boxes and a modem for the internet. The box on the secondary TV hasnt been in used for 2 years and I didnt realize it. So I could have had a lower bill. Im surprised they want me to lower my bills
So, you never read your contract and apparently paid little to no attention to your monthly billing statements. Comcast and others love folks like you.

Deposit. My cable wants mine back says $100 if I don't.

How to return

I have Xfinity and Their modem is very good. I must Admit.
Youre a dumb ass too. You do realize they have the password to your router?

Comcast fucked me many times.
Had my own router for years and they charged me for the lease of their unit for two years.
Went down and bitched and they said they'd give me my money back. Not only did they continue to charge me but they never gave me my money back.
I've found that you have to go to a Comcast store with records and threaten them before they'll make it right.
No you dont stupid. All you have to do is have your attorney write them a nastygram. You'll get your money back in less than 2 days.

Forum List

Back