Comey Is Going To Okey-Doke The Dems (Again)

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
The progs are breathlessly awaiting the former Director's testimony next week....surely THIS IS IT....he'll lay the wood to Trump trying to "obstruct justice" by....uh....hold on, where's the memo?....okay, let's see....there it is....."I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," GOT HIM! That tweeting orange dope can't "hope" for things like that....only Barry can use the word "hope"....IMPEACH TRUMP!

trump-comey-620x412.jpg

And then it happens....Comey will slowly reach forward, turn on his mic, and say: "As I've already testified....if I'd thought the President was trying to obstruct the FBI investigation, I'd have reported it to the DOJ and I did not". At that point the committee chairman should say: "That's it?" Look at the other members and decide they had better things to do and gavel the session BANG...adjourned.

mauvaisepeche.gif

• Banned
Comeys conundrum: If he tries for revenge and says he felt tampered with, Jeff Sessions can indict him for not reporting the supposed "obstruction". Does anybody think Comey is dumb enough to walk into this haymaker? It's very clear:

Concealing knowledge of a felony and failure to report is, itself, a felony.

18 U.S. Code § 4 - Misprision of felony

“Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”

Concealing knowledge of a felony and failure to report is, itself, a felony.

First, if the former FBI director was taking notes of meetings where the President had allegedly told him to drop a criminal investigation (i.e., to obstruct justice), then why did Comey wait until now to reveal this? In fact, by keeping his notes private until now, he was concealing them. Right? (That is the first element of misprision -- concealment.)

Second, if Comey did not reveal this information “as soon as possible ... to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States,” then that means only one of two things ---

(A) Comey did not think the President had committed any crime, or

(B) Comey was committing a crime, himself, (i.e. misprision of a felony) in order to have something to hold over the President.

On the other hand, if he did, in fact, reveal this to a judge, or to the Attorney General, or to any other person in authority, then by revealing this information to the press, Comey may be impeding an active investigation.

Did Comey commit a felony?

Forum List

Back