Comey's Leaked Memo Can Land Him In Prison

Can't imagine they'd find a penitentiary where the goon would be safe from the animals, but then that's his problem, eh? Try to out-slick the The Donald at your peril you fools.

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

Gregg Jarrett: Comey's revenge is a gun without powder
You boys are really creeping me out with all your calls of imprisoning the people who are calling out Trump's mistakes and misdeeds. This is America. Trump screwed up. Live with it and stop talking like a bunch of thug fascists.

the question is - can you break the law to catch someone breaking the law then? if the law states that you must disclose someone trying to obstruct justice and you don't, why is that ok?

i'm tired of one side going around, through, over and whatever else to ignore laws they don't like to go after people for the same or lesser "crimes". if trump is guilty - fry him. if comey is guilty, fry him. if hillary is guilty, fry her.

are mistakes and misdeeds illegal and prosecutible or do people not like trump so suddenly they are?
That law is to make sure the person "going along" with the obstruction of justice is held responsible. Comey didn't go along with the President's hopes and wishes, and the President didn't push it any further until he fired him. Maybe Comey is looking for payback, but he wouldn't have let this memo leak if he had any worries he'd be "stung" for it. He's the head of the FBI. I think he knows the law and how it's treated, don't you?

Can't imagine they'd find a penitentiary where the goon would be safe from the animals, but then that's his problem, eh? Try to out-slick the The Donald at your peril you fools.

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

You boys are really creeping me out with all your calls of imprisoning the people who are calling out Trump's mistakes and misdeeds. This is America. Trump screwed up. Live with it and stop talking like a bunch of thug fascists.

the question is - can you break the law to catch someone breaking the law then? if the law states that you must disclose someone trying to obstruct justice and you don't, why is that ok?

i'm tired of one side going around, through, over and whatever else to ignore laws they don't like to go after people for the same or lesser "crimes". if trump is guilty - fry him. if comey is guilty, fry him. if hillary is guilty, fry her.

are mistakes and misdeeds illegal and prosecutible or do people not like trump so suddenly they are?
That law is to make sure the person "going along" with the obstruction of justice is held responsible. Comey didn't go along with the President's hopes and wishes, and the President didn't push it any further until he fired him. Maybe Comey is looking for payback, but he wouldn't have let this memo leak if he had any worries he'd be "stung" for it. He's the head of the FBI. I think he knows the law and how it's treated, don't you?

maybe. but i'm going to wait for all details and info to come out. so often people hear what they want and tune out anything else. i try to hear as much as i can and build the clearest picture possible on what should have happened, so to speak. so much we'll never know from where we sit but watching some people go on, a few headlines they like are enough to fry anyone.

james-comey-prison.jpg

Ah, this is exactly what I said in another topic.

If Comey was investigating Flynn for something criminal, and if Trump knew Flynn had broken the law, and if Trump then asked Comey to stop his investigation, then and only then would Trump be obstructing an investigation and thus violating the law himself.

And so the hacks need to ask themselves one very simple question.

If all of those suppositions are true, which they are claiming they are, then Comey would have been obligated to IMMEDIATELY report Trump's lawbreaking.

But he didn't.

So ask yourselves, "Why didn't he?"

The logical answer is that at least one of those "ifs" didn't happen. Which then breaks the chain, and Trump had not broken the law.

Otherwise, Comey would have made himself complicit in the lawbreaking.

Therefore, those "ifs" and suppositions are most likely a House of Impeachment built on bullshit.

if Trump was being considered as a part of the Flynn investigation it would have necessary to play all of his cards close to the vest until it was time to implicate EVERYONE in one fell swoop ... IMO anyway
TRUMP: I want you to stop your investigation of Flynn.

COMEY: Say what?!

TRUMP: By the way, am I under investigation, too?

COMEY: You are now!

:D

the Feds are famous for busting a BUNCH of sorry fuckers at the same time .. Trump and his sorry fuckers shouldn't be any different .

collect evidence, conduct a sweeping raid making arrests ..

Nah, none of govt is ever held to the same standards as others.
Tom, do you really think Comey is dumb enough to be the source of leaking the memo, and besides why would this leak be illegal?

It's HIS memo isn't it? Do you believe he wasn't allowed to clean out of desk when he got back from California? You bet the leak is illegal if it's even true. Now he's going to be under subpoena to turn over all his memos....he's stepped in it BIG TIME this time.

It's not true. Hell, libs here who comment can't even get the facts strength like the fact that Trump him self isn't even under investigation at all. really, the only person who is having a real hard look taken at them is Flynn. That's it. No one else and that ain't even a criminal investigation. How gullible the retards on the left are.

Oh there's a memo alright....it's his impression of what he thought the President was saying to him that counts. If he wrote it was attempted tampering and he didn't report it to the DOJ, that's going to be a BIG problem for him. He should have slinked off into oblivion but like Trump says, he's a showboat and couldn't do it.

I heard it came from within the FBI, not Comey.

I heard it came from within the FBI, not Comey.

Interesting.

Tom, do you really think Comey is dumb enough to be the source of leaking the memo, and besides why would this leak be illegal?

It's HIS memo isn't it? Do you believe he wasn't allowed to clean out of desk when he got back from California? You bet the leak is illegal if it's even true. Now he's going to be under subpoena to turn over all his memos....he's stepped in it BIG TIME this time.

It's not true. Hell, libs here who comment can't even get the facts strength like the fact that Trump him self isn't even under investigation at all. really, the only person who is having a real hard look taken at them is Flynn. That's it. No one else and that ain't even a criminal investigation. How gullible the retards on the left are.

Oh there's a memo alright....it's his impression of what he thought the President was saying to him that counts. If he wrote it was attempted tampering and he didn't report it to the DOJ, that's going to be a BIG problem for him. He should have slinked off into oblivion but like Trump says, he's a showboat and couldn't do it.

McCabe too as well as everyone who said there was never any impediment to the investigation. Trump just needs to quiet down, stop tweeting and just let these retards make fools of them selves. It's awesome TV.

james-comey-prison.jpg

Maybe he and Trump will be cellmates.

McCabe too as well as everyone who said there was never any impediment to the investigation. Trump just needs to quiet down, stop tweeting and just let these retards make fools of them selves. It's awesome TV.

Nah, he needs to let these lying turds produce PROOF he's done anything wrong and keep rubbing their dirty noses in their own crap. What he's doing to CNN, MSLSD, the NYTimes and WaPo is hilarious....nobody believes a word they say anymore.

Nah, he needs to let these lying turds produce PROOF he's done anything wrong and keep rubbing their dirty noses in their own crap. What he's doing to CNN, MSLSD, the NYTimes and WaPo is hilarious....nobody believes a word they say anymore.

Oh I know and agree, I'm just pointing out all the people Comey has fucked playing his games.

The memo, leaked or not, will not harm Comey but might well end Trump's presidency.

There's no getting around the fact that if Comey believed Trump was trying to influence his investigation then he (Comey) had a moral and legal responsibility to inform his superiors at DOJ, yet never did so to anyone's knowledge. So he can't very well say that he thought influence was being brought to bear without raising the question of why he didn't report it. Upshot IMHO - there will be no special prosecutor and nothing will come of this other than an awful lot of self-righteous indignation from the Left.

That I agree with. And I wonder if how it is being reported was actually what was written.
There's no getting around the fact that if Comey believed Trump was trying to influence his investigation then he (Comey) had a moral and legal responsibility to inform his superiors at DOJ, yet never did so to anyone's knowledge. So he can't very well say that he thought influence was being brought to bear without raising the question of why he didn't report it. Upshot IMHO - there will be no special prosecutor and nothing will come of this other than an awful lot of self-righteous indignation from the Left.

The justification for firing Comey is becoming more apparent every day.

The justification to fire Comey get THINNER everyday. Especial when your clown prince said it was the "Russia thing". Asking Comey to let it go is loyalty to a friend, and in the absence of proof, Comey had nothing. But Comey kept notes.

FIRING Comey is what constitutes Obstruction of Justice.

Just in case you missed it-

Comey, of course, can say so because he certainly not subject to any of the nonsense above.

Get the cards ready Lois, Hillary, Obama, James is joining the gang.

Forum List

Back