Comey's Leaked Memo Can Land Him In Prison

You boys are really creeping me out with all your calls of imprisoning the people who are calling out Trump's mistakes and misdeeds. This is America. Trump screwed up. Live with it and stop talking like a bunch of thug fascists.

If Trump did try to obstruct justice it is Comey's job to immediately report it. It is the law. My wife is a lawyer and if she sees another lawyer or judge break the law and doesn't report it best case she is disbarred. So why didn't Come do it ASAP?

Can't imagine they'd find a penitentiary where the goon would be safe from the animals, but then that's his problem, eh? Try to out-slick the The Donald at your peril you fools.

james-comey-prison.jpg

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

Gregg Jarrett: Comey's revenge is a gun without powder

Not to mention, if he has that memo or any others in his possession, he's actually in possession of stolen property as they are the property of the U.S. government.

You boys are really creeping me out with all your calls of imprisoning the people who are calling out Trump's mistakes and misdeeds. This is America. Trump screwed up. Live with it and stop talking like a bunch of thug fascists.

If Trump did try to obstruct justice it is Comey's job to immediately report it. It is the law. My wife is a lawyer and if she sees another lawyer or judge break the law and doesn't report it best case she is disbarred. So why didn't Come do it ASAP?

And.... why didn't he mention it earlier?

That I agree with. And I wonder if how it is being reported was actually what was written.
There's no getting around the fact that if Comey believed Trump was trying to influence his investigation then he (Comey) had a moral and legal responsibility to inform his superiors at DOJ, yet never did so to anyone's knowledge. So he can't very well say that he thought influence was being brought to bear without raising the question of why he didn't report it. Upshot IMHO - there will be no special prosecutor and nothing will come of this other than an awful lot of self-righteous indignation from the Left.
Comey, of course, can say so because he certainly not subject to any of the nonsense above.

I believe this "memo" ruse is Comey showing everybody what a toad he really is. He knows the mediacrats don't need any evidence to start a new "scandal", and he did it through at least a second and third conduit to avoid the wrath of discovery. He can always claim the memo, if it exists which I doubt, was stolen by somebody or he never wrote it. Punk move from a punk.

Immaterial. The OP is about Comey's memo not Pelosi's good counsel.

Just in case you missed it-

There's no getting around the fact that if Comey believed Trump was trying to influence his investigation then he (Comey) had a moral and legal responsibility to inform his superiors at DOJ, yet never did so to anyone's knowledge. So he can't very well say that he thought influence was being brought to bear without raising the question of why he didn't report it. Upshot IMHO - there will be no special prosecutor and nothing will come of this other than an awful lot of self-righteous indignation from the Left.
Comey, of course, can say so because he certainly not subject to any of the nonsense above.

I believe this "memo" ruse is Comey showing everybody what a toad he really is. He knows the mediacrats don't need any evidence to start a new "scandal", and he did it through at least a second and third conduit to avoid the wrath of discovery. He can always claim the memo, if it exists which I doubt, was stolen by somebody and he never wrote it. Punk move from a punk.

Notice that he dropped it on the very day we learned Seth Rich send 44,000 emails to Wikileaks

I think the conversation would have to involve a threat like "If you don't drop that investigation, I'm going to fire you" to be obstruction.

But I'm not a lawyer.

I wonder what the other memos say?

It's my OP and I'll take it where I want it to go, Fakey. Why don't you report me seeing as how well that's been working out for you lately. :lol:

Oh, and do your reply below what you're answering or I'll iggy you like everybody else is doing.

:lol: Ignore me, and I just laugh at you. Oh, you are on ignore for the day.

The memo won't land Comey in prison; it is causing major waves for the President.

It's my OP and I'll take it where I want it to go, Fakey. Why don't you report me seeing as how well that's been working out for you lately. :lol:

Oh, and do your reply below what you're answering or I'll iggy you like everybody else is doing.

so far everything Trump slobbered about has done a 180 and bit him in the ass.

LOCK HER UP ! LOCK HER UP !

his turn is right around the corner.

D"OOOOOOOOOOOH !

Here is the deal under the law if Comey believed Trump was trying to obstruct justice he was required to inform the DOJ if he believed that and didn't do so he has a problem on the other hand if he didn't believe that then this whole memo story is a whole lot of nothing.

Forum List

Back