Common Core textbooks teaching lies about the 2nd amendment???

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
You might recall that, in the middle East, various "Palestinian" schools teach their children that Jews are pigs or dogs, their textbooks show maps where Israel has been eliminated, etc. It's an effective technique, using bias and lies to ensure that the hatred against Israel and the desire for its destruction, will go on.

Well, that technique is taking root here in the United States. The "Common Core" line of textbooks, which the Fed govt has been pushing to be taught equally to all schoolchildren regardless of the desires of their parents, have been teaching things about the U.S. Constitution that are just flat lies.

I thought the purpose of textbooks, and of schools in general, was to teach our kids things that are true?

I've always heard the rumors of poor education, stories of questionable "facts" - such reports are nothing new. But it's startling to see one right up front.

This is just disgusting. Our schools are no longer educational institutions. Now they are being used as straight propaganda channels.

-------------------------------------------

Common Core Textbooks Teaching Lies About The 2nd Amendment | The Federalist Papers

Common Core Textbooks Teaching Bald Faced Lies About The 2nd Amendment

By Steve Straub On May 19, 2014

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The Common Core teaching materials in this textbook define the Second Amendment like this:

“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

Perhaps I’m wrong but I don’t think the Constitution states that people must “register their guns” or that they are only allowed “certain types of weapons”

These liberal lies are being taught as fact in some of our nations’s public schools and if nothing changes we’ll have an entire generation of people who believe the right to bear arms comes from the government and that the right to bear arms is severely limited.

Common-core-worksheet-second-amendment.jpg

Hmmmm, what do you think it should say? The statement is a fair representation of our current rights under the 2nd amendment. I struggle to think of a non political way of saying anything about the 2nd amendment that would not piss off the gun fetishists.

Hmmmm, what do you think it should say? The statement is a fair representation of our current rights under the 2nd amendment. I struggle to think of a non political way of saying anything about the 2nd amendment that would not piss off the gun fetishists.

I mention "disgusting" and "straight propaganda", and look who pops up. :cuckoo:

I mention "disgusting" and "straight propaganda", and look who pops up. :cuckoo:

Don't be an ass, tell us how to word an explanation of the 2nd amendment in a neutral tone without pissing you people off. How is this propaganda?

Don't be an ass, tell us how to word an explanation of the 2nd amendment in a neutral tone without pissing you people off. How is this propaganda?

Grow up and admit it is written as pure propaganda, you people are disgustingly anti american.

There's no such thing as a "Common Core textbook".

Common Core refers to education standards, not textbooks. Things like this just betray a complete lack of understanding as to what Common Core is.

You might recall that, in the middle East, various "Palestinian" schools teach their children that Jews are pigs or dogs, their textbooks show maps where Israel has been eliminated, etc. It's an effective technique, using bias and lies to ensure that the hatred against Israel and the desire for its destruction, will go on.

Well, that technique is taking root here in the United States. The "Common Core" line of textbooks, which the Fed govt has been pushing to be taught equally to all schoolchildren regardless of the desires of their parents, have been teaching things about the U.S. Constitution that are just flat lies.

I thought the purpose of textbooks, and of schools in general, was to teach our kids things that are true?

I've always heard the rumors of poor education, stories of questionable "facts" - such reports are nothing new. But it's startling to see one right up front.

This is just disgusting. Our schools are no longer educational institutions. Now they are being used as straight propaganda channels.

-------------------------------------------

Common Core Textbooks Teaching Lies About The 2nd Amendment | The Federalist Papers

Common Core Textbooks Teaching Bald Faced Lies About The 2nd Amendment

By Steve Straub On May 19, 2014

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The Common Core teaching materials in this textbook define the Second Amendment like this:

“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

Perhaps I’m wrong but I don’t think the Constitution states that people must “register their guns” or that they are only allowed “certain types of weapons”

These liberal lies are being taught as fact in some of our nations’s public schools and if nothing changes we’ll have an entire generation of people who believe the right to bear arms comes from the government and that the right to bear arms is severely limited.

Common-core-worksheet-second-amendment.jpg

Do you see that writing at the top right of that page? What does it say?

Anybody know the title and publisher of this book?

It's right there in the upper right hand corner. You fucking imbecile.

You will believe anything. Do yourself a favor and start checking your sources. They are lying to you!!!!!

Last edited:
Anybody know the title and publisher of this book?
(The usual leftist-hysteric namecalling and profanity deleted)

So nobody knows the title and publisher of the book?

Are you telling me that you cannot read the writing at the top right of the page from the book?

Why didn't the article that you linked to provide the info that you are seeking? Why don't you go to the original blog post where that BS came from?

Why do you think that any approved textbook would not present the amendment as it appears in the Constitution?

Why don't you check before you post?

Why do I think you will not come here and retract your OP?

Turns out this book is not a Common Core book. It is described as a workbook written and published by two former teachers at Grant Middle School in Springfield, IL.

School says it will edit workbook that misrepresents 2A after defending it - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

According to the article, the Personnel Dept. at the school says they will change it "if and when".

But the school Superintendent, Bob Hill, is now weaseling like crazy. He's now saying that “no place in the book does it portray that that is the Second Amendment"... even though the book actually says, "This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison."

As the article describes, Hill said that several parents have asked him to remove the book, “which I’ve told them I wouldn’t do.”

The good news is, the two teachers who wrote the lies in the book, are now "former Grant Middle School teachers".

Two teachers down, one Superintendent to go.

Office contact information for Superintendent Bob Hill, and for the Sprengfield Il Public Schools Board of Education, are listed here:
Common Core workbook teaches 2nd Amendment pertains only to REGISTERED arms |

Forum List

Back