Common sense gun regulations are not about taking guns away from everyone

There are a number of cosmetics available out there including inlaid wooden stocks. What's funny is, even after that, it's still homely as compared to a cusomized Model 700bdl which shoots circles around it.

Dude, you can have an assault rifle built to the specifications of your choice for around $1200.

The only problem is that you may have to wait.
Not because of a law that makes you wait, but because the person making it has a back log of orders that might last them through Christmas.

Smell the coffee.

Fewer and fewer people are buying into to anymore.

But, more and more people are buying the rifles though.
Sooner or later you goof wads will figure out your efforts have the exact opposite affect.

Sorry, but more and more people aren't buying the AR. More ARs are being sold but fewer and fewer people are buying it. When I go into a gun store around here (heavy Red Area) is see the AR lining the shelves gathering dust. With the common sense gun laws in affect, the AR-15 Cult was broken and that's all it was. You are part of that Cult. I don't expect you to open your eyes and see reality. And I won't spend the time for an Intervention either.

There are a number of cosmetics available out there including inlaid wooden stocks. What's funny is, even after that, it's still homely as compared to a cusomized Model 700bdl which shoots circles around it.

Dude, you can have an assault rifle built to the specifications of your choice for around $1200.

Not because of a law that makes you wait, but because the person making it has a back log of orders that might last them through Christmas.

Smell the coffee.

You used Assault Rifle. Is the AR and Assault Rifle or not? Bad use of words. It's a Combat Rifle while the Mini-14 would make a poor combat rifle due to the features needed to make it a combat rifle aren't there.

Yes, you can modify an AR-15 but if you change the features then you are moving it away from it being a combat rifle. And if you do that why did you buy it in the first place? I can think of a bunch of other cheaper, better rifles that are much more pleasing cosmetically right out of the box than an AR ever will be no matter how much you spend unless you remove the functions of the AR-15.

The AR is homely not because of the cosmetics (it doesn't have any) but because it's all function and anything that is all function in a combat rifle will be homely.

Sorry, but more and more people aren't buying the AR. More ARs are being sold but fewer and fewer people are buying it. When I go into a gun store around here (heavy Red Area) is see the AR lining the shelves gathering dust. With the common sense gun laws in affect, the AR-15 Cult was broken and that's all it was. You are part of that Cult. I don't expect you to open your eyes and see reality. And I won't spend the time for an Intervention either.

If more and more people weren't buying assault rifles, the two dealerships here that opened within the last 3 years wouldn't be doing the business they are doing and wouldn't be expanding operations.

If by "cult" you mean a group of folks that consists of everything from blue collar, white collar, law enforcement, school teachers to housewives, well maybe I am.

But, my eyes are open and I don't pretend things are not what they are.
I know as a fact there are at least 5 new assault rifle owners in the area, and that the closest dealer who makes them has a backlog of orders (most of which are first time buyers).

If more and more people weren't buying assault rifles, the two dealerships here that opened within the last 3 years wouldn't be doing the business they are doing and wouldn't be expanding operations.
He's lying to you, talking out his ass, or both.

That usually starts happening when they carry on about specifications and whatnot.
One of the reason assault weapons are harder to regulate is because they can have any number of specifications.

To attempt to nail them all down and present a comprehensive legislative regulation, would also have to include specifications that inadvertently lap over into firearms that don't specifically share that category. They say times change and we have to adapt to the changing times, but fail to realize that as far as firearms are concerned, adaptation and innovation are a cornerstone of their continued existence and popularity.

Long story short ... A person can talk all day and maybe change someone's mind, but they can talk all year and the assault rifle I have will be the same damn thing a year from now that it is today ... That's not going to change.

Last edited:
That usually starts happening when they carry on about specifications and whatnot.
He has no intent to have an honest discussion
One of the reason assault weapons are harder to regulate is because they can have any number of specifications.
All based on a set of specific functions, but finalized by the inclusion of a number of cosmetic attachments.
Delete the attachments and the 'assault weapon' is no longer banned.

AWB.jpg

All based on a set of specific functions, but finalized by the inclusion of a number of cosmetic attachments.
Delete the attachments and the 'assault weapon' is no longer banned.

That's what's funny.
At one time they were thinking about banning them by names, but realized that the name can be changed.

It still couldn't have covered mine because I own a, wait for it ... "The One Mark Made For Me".
It would be like that country song of the guy who brought pieces of a car home in his lunch box and built a vehicle that was a combination of 40 cars or whatever.

Us Democrats need to feel safe

Your irrational fears are not a sound argument for the restriction of my rights.

Your obsession with guns and gun control are bordering on an irrational fear that someone will come and take away your guns.

The fact that you don't see your concern for your Right to own a gun or guns without any infringement is selfish, and disregards the grief of the parents whose children went to school one day, and never came home. The terror children felt when they heard gun fire in the halls of learning and saw the carnage left behind.

But you don't care, it's all about you, a spoiled child.
Appeal to emotion isn't an argument.

View attachment 261023

You dumb shit. Did you ever finish high school and/or complete a course in logic? Doubtful. Your specialty is to post other peoples cartoons since you cannot post a rebuttal.
What would be the point? You don't consider anything that doesn't kiss your ass.

Stop pretending you want discussion. You want instant, unthinking agreement and endorsement.

How's that working out for ya?

You dumb shit. Did you ever finish high school and/or complete a course in logic?
:lol: :lol:
Says he who wants to lay innumerable restriction on the right to keep and bear arms, but cannot put forward a sound argument for doing so.
:lol: :lol:

Once again a Damn lie by ^^^ an obsessed and callous fool.

I've posted common sense arguments on sound, sensible gun control ad nausea, and the single rebuttal by you and others like you - obsessed with guns - is the single phrase, "shall not be infringed".

In short, licensing, registration, safe storage, insurance on each gun, fully vetting on all sales, donations, thefts, and on loans, loses and destruction of.
I guarantee you would not accept the same restrictions on the freedom of speech.

Well, you would -- for conservatives, of course.

After all the deflections, fallacies, and lies from the right, the thread premise remains true and valid: sound, responsible firearm regulatory measures have nothing to do with taking guns from citizens or prohibiting possessing certain firearms.
Once you keep passing new laws, everyone eventually becomes a criminal.

Then you can take their guns away, can't you?

And of course, that's been the intent all along. Disarming the populace.

What is often overlooked are common sense actions that many advocates on both sides of this issue agree on. There are practical steps that both the public and gun owners recognize as necessary to keep firearms out of the hands of those who should not own or use them. Tulsi is working to increase school security, shore up and reform our mental healthcare system, close the gun show and online loopholes, ban military-style assault weapons and bump stocks, and require background checks on anyone seeking to purchase a gun. She has cosponsored legislation like the Gun Show Loophole Closing Act, the Public Safety and Second Amendment Rights Act, the Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act, the Assault Weapons Ban, the Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act, the Domestic Violence Loophole Closure Act, the Automatic Gunfire Prevention Act, the Gun Violence Research Act, and more.
There is at least a 50/50 split on this issue, mainly because there is no way to define a "military-style assault weapon" without banning 75% of all firearms. This is a cosmetic issue at the absolute best.

You still on that tired old Assault Rifle kick? There is a way and some states and cities have found a way and made it stick. You are right, assault rifle by broad description catches a large percentage of modern rifles including the venerable Savage Model 60 that most of us learned to shoot on. The Model 60 is the most numerous rifle in the United States (sorry, AR fans). More people own the Savage as well. But the Assault description catches it. So they came up with new wording. "Ar-15 and it's various Clones" does the job. It's very specific and only catches one rifle and it's various copies. And it stuck in the Courts as legal. Oregon just passed an assault ban and it's going to last about 10 minutes in court until they change it to read like the successful states.

The AR-15 just isn't cosmetics. It looks like it does because of function. There has been no attempt at adding anything cosmetic to it. It's downright homely because anything built with strict function in mind will be ugly. It was designed as a battle rifle so that a scare shitless kid of 18 or 19 can operate it, shoot hundreds of bullets quickly while pumped up on heavy adrenaline. There is no weapon that does it better as cheaply as the AR style rifle. No cosmetics, just function.
and the function that the AR system has is the same function that every other system has.

Pulling the trigger of an AR15 produces the same number of shots of any other semi automatic weapon produces with one pull of the trigger.

The only real advantage of the AR system is its customizability. That should not be a bad thing. An AR platform customized and design for a small body woman to use is ideal and more safe. The AR is not a one size fits all. It can be adjusted. Somehow you believe that a bad thing?

It is just a cosmetic issue for you. It looks scary.

I don't know why. You never explained why.

You once said in another thread that banning the AR system ends the gun cult (whatever the fuck that means). That is not the fucking job of government. That is, in fact, a first amendment issue.

We are not going to agree to ban the AR system. If anything, we are going to expand rights like we have been doing with concealed carry.

I've covered this at least 5 times in detail. You refuse to listen and then you bring up the same BS all over again and expect me to cover it once again. Not this time, cupcake, and the States, Counties and Cities agree with me more each day. If it were just cosmetics, the AR would at least not be so damned homely. It's all function.
The same function as any other semi-automatic.

It's been repeatedly explained to you that in America, the majority can't take rights away from the minority.

Get it through your thick fucking skull, dumbass.

and the function that the AR system has is the same function that every other system has.
Indeed. There is no function difference between these rifles

ar15vsmini14.png

Or these.

ytQC8Hg.jpg
ytQC8Hg.jpg

The M14 is actually the MUCH more deadly weapon. It is chambered in 7.62x51 (.308), which does a FUCKLOAD more damage than the 5.56/.223.

This is why we argue that it is PURELY a cosmetic issue, but I have a lingering suspicion that gun grabbers KNOW it will make no difference, which will give them reason to come BACK after an AR ban, and ban anything else that is as capable or better than the AR. It's a bait and switch.

We are not giving an inch on this.

If these grabbers want some sort of licensing and deeper background checks, we demand something in return.

Would you stop this crap. The M-14 is a full auto battle rifle. If you are showing a M-16 then the Military changed because the M-16 (also until the A-4 was introduced) was a full auto assault rifle. And the Military had some very good reasons for the change. For instance, the speed of reloading and the number of rounds you could carry. Not to mention the weight. The M-14 went by the way for some pretty damned good reasons or the M-16 replaced it for those same pretty damned good reasons.

The M-16 is still totally function. It's not cosmetics. Not one ounce of design was spent on cosmetics. It is the best at what it does because of it's function. The AR-15 version has the same function when both are fired in the semi auto setting. In fact, in combat, the M-16 is normally fired in semi auto setting. So there is absolutely no appreciable difference between the two. And that means that if you say that one is the best Battle (assault rifle) that is made today for the cost then so is the other one.

Stop with this BS. Fewer and fewer people are buying into to anymore.
GUYS ITS JUST LIKE A MACHINE GUN BECAUSE MACHINE GUNS CAN FIRE ONLY ONE BULLET AT A TIME.

What a fucking retarded argument. Dumbass.

Smell the coffee.

You used Assault Rifle. Is the AR and Assault Rifle or not? Bad use of words. It's a Combat Rifle while the Mini-14 would make a poor combat rifle due to the features needed to make it a combat rifle aren't there.

Yes, you can modify an AR-15 but if you change the features then you are moving it away from it being a combat rifle. And if you do that why did you buy it in the first place? I can think of a bunch of other cheaper, better rifles that are much more pleasing cosmetically right out of the box than an AR ever will be no matter how much you spend unless you remove the functions of the AR-15.

The AR is homely not because of the cosmetics (it doesn't have any) but because it's all function and anything that is all function in a combat rifle will be homely.
AR.

Armalite Rifle.

Dumbass.

I've posted common sense arguments on sound, sensible gun control ad nausea, and the single rebuttal by you and others like you - obsessed with guns - is the single phrase, "shall not be infringed".

In short, licensing, registration, safe storage, insurance on each gun, fully vetting on all sales, donations, thefts, and on loans, loses and destruction of.
I guarantee you would not accept the same restrictions on the freedom of speech.

The goofball is talking about wanting sound, sensible gun regulations, carries on about logic, common sense and critical thinking, but fails to understand something as simple as the fact that because he wants something doesn't actually require anyone to provide him with it no matter how sensible he may think it is.

Wonder if he understand, "go pound sand"?

The goofball is talking about wanting sound, sensible gun regulations, carries on about logic, common sense and critical thinking, but fails to understand something as simple as the fact that because he wants something doesn't actually require anyone to provide him with it no matter how sensible he may think it is.

He does not. I've been pointing out to him that he's a pompous moron for years. He still doesn't understand it.

If by "cult" you mean a group of folks that consists of everything from blue collar, white collar, law enforcement, school teachers to housewives, well maybe I am.

But, my eyes are open and I don't pretend things are not what they are.
I know as a fact there are at least 5 new assault rifle owners in the area, and that the closest dealer who makes them has a backlog of orders (most of which are first time buyers).

I can sense BS when I read it. What next, you going to claim to be a Chemical Engineer that recently won the Nobel Prize.

Each time a shooting of school children happens, you terrorists (yes, you have made that grade) lose more gtround. Once again, the laws in Colorado didn't stop the most recent school shooting but it did keep the body count way down. Plus, people are pissed off and aren't relying on your stupid "More Guns" terrorist nonsense.

Forum List

Back