Company Dumps Healthcare Plan

I think most people would prefer that people pay for their own health insurance rather than they paying for other people's. Second best is someone's company paying for the employees' health insurance, which is at least a voluntary arrangement. Worst is taxpayers paying for people's insurance, which is coerced.

Let me know when that happens.

But back to my point, which you seem to have missed because I didn't spell it out for you and you were easily distracted by the only thought that managed to come to mind, it isn't a zero sum game.

Now, I know I have explained this to you before but I go over it again.

First, you aren't paying for anyones anything. What you pay is your taxes. That's it. The government pays for government programs. It is basic bookkeeping.

Otherwise, by your nonsense reasoning, I pay your taxes because I buy the foodbat the store that pays the clerk that shops at target which purchases computers from the company that is a subsidiary af the conglommerate that buys stuff from the business that poays your income and your taxes.

Even so, no manner of a lower tax rate or payment will result in you being able to buy more stuff. Everyone pays taxes and, if lowered, everyones nominal disposable income would increase at the same time. Aggregate nominal prices are dirrectly related to the money supply. When the money supply increases, ceterus parabus, prices increase. This is well established and called inflation. The portion of the money supply that is directly causal of price inflation is the aggregate disposable income.

What you are able to buy with your disposable income is highly indirectly related to government expenditures and related by numerous real economic factors and processes. Money is simply a method of accounting and does not dirrectly cause anything. The causal relationshp between your real disposable income and government expenditures is barely exists at all. There is no manner of reason by which you have paid for anyone elses anything.

Even when price inflation doesn't manage to pick up all of your nominal increase, you still don't get what remains as your employer has the exact same misplaced reasoning. You employer believes he is paying for everyone elses whatever because he thinks that if not for those taxes, he wouldn't have fork out so much every pay day. It's his money. He gives you things like food and housing. He pays for the stuff you buy. And when taxes go down, he just doesn't have to pay you as much. If you ask for a raise, he'll tell you "you just got one."

I know why you think you'll be able to buy more, because you have a home economic model in mind where everything revolves around you.

I would think, at your age, you'de have figured out it doesn't, but I've always given too much credit to peoples intelligence. You've taught me differently. Now I get why the government has to make things involuntary. People's learning and behavior is caused by direct punishment and reward. Unfortunately, reward tends to be far less effective one...well...you.

I was going to select out the loonier bits. BUt the whole post shows you know exactly nothing. Yes, when government hands out subsidies to pay people's health insurance premiums, I as a taxpayer am paying for that. It is totally unlike your absurd example.
Second, you think tax rates affect money supply. That says you are clueless right there.
The rest of your post is the usual errant nonsense believed by people who really dont know very much.

Of course they do.

I think most people would prefer that people pay for their own health insurance rather than they paying for other people's. Second best is someone's company paying for the employees' health insurance, which is at least a voluntary arrangement. Worst is taxpayers paying for people's insurance, which is coerced.

But back to my point, which you seem to have missed because I didn't spell it out for you and you were easily distracted by the only thought that managed to come to mind, it isn't a zero sum game.

First, you aren't paying for anyones anything. What you pay is your taxes. That's it. The government pays for government programs. It is basic bookkeeping.

Otherwise, by your nonsense reasoning, I pay your taxes because I buy the foodbat the store that pays the clerk that shops at target which purchases computers from the company that is a subsidiary af the conglommerate that buys stuff from the business that poays your income and your taxes.

Even so, no manner of a lower tax rate or payment will result in you being able to buy more stuff. Everyone pays taxes and, if lowered, everyones nominal disposable income would increase at the same time. Aggregate nominal prices are dirrectly related to the money supply. When the money supply increases, ceterus parabus, prices increase. This is well established and called inflation. The portion of the money supply that is directly causal of price inflation is the aggregate disposable income.

What you are able to buy with your disposable income is highly indirectly related to government expenditures and related by numerous real economic factors and processes. Money is simply a method of accounting and does not dirrectly cause anything. The causal relationshp between your real disposable income and government expenditures is barely exists at all. There is no manner of reason by which you have paid for anyone elses anything.

Even when price inflation doesn't manage to pick up all of your nominal increase, you still don't get what remains as your employer has the exact same misplaced reasoning. You employer believes he is paying for everyone elses whatever because he thinks that if not for those taxes, he wouldn't have fork out so much every pay day. It's his money. He gives you things like food and housing. He pays for the stuff you buy. And when taxes go down, he just doesn't have to pay you as much. If you ask for a raise, he'll tell you "you just got one."

I know why you think you'll be able to buy more, because you have a home economic model in mind where everything revolves around you.

I would think, at your age, you'de have figured out it doesn't, but I've always given too much credit to peoples intelligence. You've taught me differently. Now I get why the government has to make things involuntary. People's learning and behavior is caused by direct punishment and reward. Unfortunately, reward tends to be far less effective one...well...you.

I was going to select out the loonier bits. BUt the whole post shows you know exactly nothing. Yes, when government hands out subsidies to pay people's health insurance premiums, I as a taxpayer am paying for that. It is totally unlike your absurd example.
Second, you think tax rates affect money supply. That says you are clueless right there.
The rest of your post is the usual errant nonsense believed by people who really dont know very much.

Of course they do. Producers can't charge you what you don't have.

What do you think sets nominal prices? The cash in bank vaults? You want to explain the mechanism there? You there is some mysterious force field, kinda like electromagnetism, that increases and decreases as the money in bank vaults changes? And this "money field" causes prices on the store shelves to go up and down? By all means, explain the mechanism..

Surely you understand that the economy, including prices, are caused by real physical processes, just like everything else?

Maybe you don't. Have you ever taken courses in physics, business, economics, psychology, finance? Do you know how to do basic calculus? Nothing fancy, like ordinary differential equations, just the first couple of semesters.

Last edited:

Of course they do. Producers can't charge you what you don't have.

What do you think sets nominal prices? The cash in bank vaults? You want to explain the mechanism there? You there is some mysterious force field, kinda like electromagnetism, that increases and decreases as the money in bank vaults changes? And this "money field" causes prices on the store shelves to go up and down? By all means, explain the mechanism..

Surely you understand that the economy, including prices, are caused by real physical processes, just like everything else?

Maybe you don't. Have you ever taken courses in physics, business, economics, psychology, finance? Do you know how to do basic calculus? Nothing fancy, like ordinary differential equations, just the first couple of semesters.
You think the money supply is cash in bank vaults. <snicker>

Leave me a message when you'v got that mechanism figured outt.

Why? You can't find the information yourself?
You are a hoot. You call people ignorant and you dont have the slightest clue what you're talking about. You couldn't distinguish baloney from bullshit if you tried.

You are a hoot. You call people ignorant and you dont have the slightest clue what you're talking about. You couldn't distinguish baloney from bullshit if you tried.

In other words you have no clue what you are talking about. And yeah, you are ignorant. Stupid can be forgiven but ignorant is intentional. And, like all assholes you can dish it out but you can't take it. I can guarantee that you were the first one to throw out insults. I just treat people the way they treat me. And you had fair warning too.

If you weren't such a dick, you wouldn't have so many people being a dick back. You reap what you sow. You made you bed, now you gotta lie in it.

Anytime you're ready to demonstate a modecum of intelligence, all you gotta do is start. No one can make you not a dick. You do that yourself.

Here, I'll give you a clue. People go to the store and buy stuff with the money they have. Stores price things so they sell. MV=PQ.

So again, what is this magical force that causes money that peple don't have to affect nominal prices?

Guarantee, you can't say cuz you don't know and all you can do is be a dick.

Last edited:

In other words you have no clue what you are talking about. And yeah, you are ignorant. Stupid can be forgiven but ignorant is intentional. And, like all assholes you can dish it out but you can't take it. I can guarantee that you were the first one to throw out insults. I just treat people the way they treat me. And you had fair warning too.

If you weren't such a dick, you wouldn't have so many people being a dick back. You reap what you sow. You made you bed, now you gotta lie in it.

Anytime you're ready to demonstate a modecum of intelligence, all you gotta do is start. No one can make you not a dick. You do that yourself.

Here, I'll give you a clue. People go to the store and buy stuff with the money they have. Stores price things so they sell. MV=PQ.

So again, what is this magical force that causes money that peple don't have to affect nominal prices?

Guarantee, you can't say cuz you don't know and all you can do is be a dick.

Irony Alert!

Face it, you've gotten pwned on this thread, showing you know absolutely zero about the economy or anything else you're spouting off about. So you deflect to name calling and puerile insults. And you can't even do that decently.
You're dismissed.

Forum List

Back