Comparing the AR with other Legal Firearms

So you still want to be dishonest. So be it. But I want to see the AR and it's family regulated like the Thompson M1921.
Why?

The ARs sold to the public are not fully automatic like the Thompson.

By the way, the Thompson was not banned. You just had to pay a goddamn $200 tax to own one. Taxing Constitutional rights is illegal, isn't it?

20230323_104758-2782551.jpg

FAKE NEWS, do not trust this wanna be gunnutter!

Fact. Assault weapons are generally high-powered semiautomatic firearms where each round has up to four times the muzzle velocity of a handgun round. This means that each round from an assault weapon inflicts greater damage to the human body than a round from a typical handgun.
Wrong. What you call assault rifles fire what is called an intermediate cartridge which is far less powerful than a normal rifle cartridge.

You are wrong. The damage is not caused by the caliber, it is caused by the velocity. At almost 3,000 fps a .223 round fired from an AR-15 is going to do much more damage than the same round fired from a rifle at a little over 1,000 fps.
You are ignorant. A 30.06 fired from an M-1 Garand goes 3200 fps and does far more damage than a .223 round. The damage is determined by mass times velocity and the fifty five grain .223 bullet has far less mass than the one hundred fifty to two hundred twenty grain 30.06 or the cone hundred eighty grain 7.62 NATO bullet.

The .223 is perfect for the doctrine of killing the enemy as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The U.S. military has long complained about the penetration capabilities of 5.56 mm ammunition, and now the Navy and the Corps are looking to remedy the issue with a new barrier-penetrating 5.56 round.

The smaller, steel-penetrating M855 rounds continue to be a weak spot in the American arsenal. They are not lethal enough to bring down an enemy decisively, and that puts troops at risk, according to Associated Press interviews.

U.S. infantry squads carrying 5.56 mm rifles and light machine guns currently face an overmatch. If those squads went into a firefight with Russian, Chinese or most Kalishnokov-wielding militants, they’d be outgunned in both distance and lethality.

You are wrong. The damage is not caused by the caliber, it is caused by the velocity. At almost 3,000 fps a .223 round fired from an AR-15 is going to do much more damage than the same round fired from a rifle at a little over 1,000 fps.
OK so which rifle only fires a .223 round at a 1000 ft/sec velocity?

you are talking about a different round altogether.

Here are the muzzle velocities of the .223 round through different length barrels. You'll notice that in not a single barrel length was the velocity of the round 1000 ft/sec

223-barrel-length-velocity-umc-55-grain-26-to-6-inches.png

Here are the muzzle velocities of the .223 round through different length barrels. You'll notice that in not a single barrel length was the velocity of the round 1000 ft/sec

You are dealing with talking point minions.

I think he’s talking about a different caliber at 1,000 fps. But offhand I can’t think of any modern rifle that fires that slow. Even the 44.40 WCF which was essentially a pistol cartridge came in at 1190 fps. To drop below the 1000 fps in a modern firearm, I think you have to go to black powder as a propellant.

I think he’s talking about a different caliber at 1,000 fps. But offhand I can’t think of any modern rifle that fires that slow. Even the 44.40 WCF which was essentially a pistol cartridge came in at 1190 fps. To drop below the 1000 fps in a modern firearm, I think you have to go to black powder as a propellant.
Of course he is. Only he doesn't know that.

Forum List

Back