Comparison of the American and British anthem

You mean what are YOU talking about?
Ah, I misunderstood. I didn't know this song.

This is an English song, never considered British.
Before the Brits, there were knights and men in England.

This thread about hymns.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
Comedy gold, rupol, gold!
do you know anything about old english? Old English is grammatically opposite to English, it inherits from Latin. It was a different people, the heirs of the Celts. Brits are German merchants, Normans. there is no doubt that they took over England.

do you know anything about old english? Old English is grammatically opposite to English, it inherits from Latin. It was a different people, the heirs of the Celts. Brits are German merchants, Normans. there is no doubt that they took over England.
Ffs. Britons are considered to be the inhabitants at the time of the invasions of the northern tribes. The Welsh in this case.

I assume a zone where your language is appropriate. Right?

You goad people to the edge, to see how far you can provoke them into a misdemeanour, in order to report them. It’s what you do. It’s what you’ve always done on USMB. You take a twisted malicious pleasure in it. And you think you can fool folk with this behaviour.

Whatever...

A survey conducted in 1780 revealed that the electorate in England and Wales consisted of just 214,000 people - less than 3% of the total population of approximately 8 million. In Scotland the electorate was even smaller: in 1831 a mere 4,500 men ...
This is how US democracy began, too.

Knights of the Garter.

To this day.

BC99B0EA-7D94-4EF4-8044-CEE63AA83AB0.jpeg

6ADEB74C-61C5-499F-8590-1C46921B1A34.jpeg

Isn't England a Norman colony?

No, it was a wealthy and prized kingdom, fought over by three different potential kings, who all claimed the English crown, in 1066.

There was no ‘Norman Empire’. William the Conqueror ruled England and Normandy separately. He planned to give each possession two his two oldest sons. As fate (and possibly, intrigue) would have it, both Normandy and England ended up in the lap of William's youngest son Henry I, then a nephew, Stephen, and then Henry's grandson, Henry II.

Thanks to the inheritance from his father, mother, and the possessions of his wife, Eleanor, as well as a little conquering of his own, Henry II ended up in control of half of France, England (including most of Wales) and Ireland. During his lifetime, this was known as the Angevin Empire. Henry II spent time touring among all his possessions for most of his reign.

He also planned to split up his Empire among his four sons, but, (thanks again to fate and intrigue), the whole lot landed in the lap of his second son, Richard, and then his youngest son, John, who ended up losing all of the French possessions… setting the course for a couple of centuries of tug of war between the kings of France and England.

Quora.com

Forum List

Back