Competition forces companies to change

It doesnt matter how many people ND has. That is irrelevant. Wages rose there because of demand for labor, not labor unions.
btw, have any idea what a skilled electrician makes today, as compared to 40 years ago? And that's without a union.
China has lifted literally billions of people out of poverty by jettisoning the very programs you want.
You arent very good at this, are you?
Billions? LOOOOOOOOL. Wages rose in one state of 740,000 people for certain workers and this is a measure you use to ignore all of the contributions of labor unions and the better conditions of other countries with strong labor participation.
Sucks to be you:
The poverty rate in the world's most populous country fell by nearly three-quarters in the last six years, from 26% in 2007 to 7% by 2012, according to a different measure produced by Gallup.[4]

It is an example of demand for workers driving wages up. What about that do you not comprehend?
Doesn't suck to be me, you simply threw out the word billions, which is literally a crock of shit. Oh, guess what country poverty was also drastically reduced in? Venezuela, and the conditions of most workers in China is laughable, although, we must remember that I attest capitalism can reduce poverty, although we see capitalists shifting production when labor power gets to high in a particular country.
Exposing the great poverty reduction lie - Al Jazeera English
Yeah poverty declined in Venezuela. That's why they're fighting over toilet paper in the stores.
You're a joke. Go away.
Venezuela Leads Region in Poverty Reduction in 2012 ECLAC Says The Americas Blog Blogs Publications The Center for Economic and Policy Research
It did decline after Hugo, if you disagree with that, you're denying accepted facts. The whole "toilet paper" bullshit is idiotic rhetoric, at this point, venezuela has addressed the problem, then again, ignore all of the achievments of venezuela.
Poverty Reduction in Venezuela ReVista

The competitive economic "system" actually forces companies to invest and expand because when they see a competitor they have to continuously improve in order to maintain their business. This means RI development and investment which forces them to spend their money on other companies. Without the competitive system companies will just sit on ther profits because they have no incentive to change and do anything new. why would they when what they are doing is already making them rich? The fear of losing business to a competitor forces them to expand into new markets and produce new products.

Tell that to Bill Gates.

Would zune exist if iPod never existed? How many companies do something just because their competition is doing it?

What the fuck is a "zune"?

Microsoft iPod killer.

:lol:

How'd that work out for Microsoft?

It didn't but would they have tried in the first place. No! They would have sat on their profits because ther was no reason to invest them into other areas. The flip is that Apple was the first to make a gui but it was Microsoft that able to be more successful at it. Again, without competition windows would never have existed because everyone knows that Microsoft copies Apple.

Would you consider anti-competative practices antithetical to the advantages of a 'competative economic system'?

yes.

And what of businesses that engage in anti-competitive practices? Such as price fixing, wage fixing, regional monopolies, purchase of competitors, etc. Would that reduce the advantages of a 'competitive economic system'?
Pretty sure that's what all capitalists strive for, america had a "free market" at one point, monopolization occurred, etc.. The free market competition mythology gives me a laugh.

On a deeper level you hate the idea of a society of individuals. Don't worry. We will keep,having this argument abou economics. You will argue for authoritarianism and I will argue for individual freedom.
No, I do not, I hate the idea of a society where one man who does virtually nothing productive can amass a fortune when hundreds of millions lack the most bare basics of needs.

I heard Russia had similar issues...

Would you consider anti-competative practices antithetical to the advantages of a 'competative economic system'?

yes.

And what of businesses that engage in anti-competitive practices? Such as price fixing, wage fixing, regional monopolies, purchase of competitors, etc. Would that reduce the advantages of a 'competitive economic system'?
Pretty sure that's what all capitalists strive for, america had a "free market" at one point, monopolization occurred, etc.. The free market competition mythology gives me a laugh.
Like everything else you post, that is both wrong and ignorant.
Seriously? Tell me more about laissez faire America and free market somalia.

Is there mass starvation there? Do remember Ethiopia? That was caused by a communist regime.

Whaty would you like to know? Check my sig line for further info.
Oh, I know all about it, it was a "free market" that led to monopolization, control of the state, and horrid conditions for workers. You clearly don't though.
That is of courswe wrong.
Free market led in some cases to large companies that were technically "monopolies." But a funny thing happened when the Sherman Anti Trust aCt was passed: prices went up, not down, as the monopolies were broken up. Seems the big companies were afraid to raise prices because it would invite competition and so conspired to keep prices low. Lower prices for consumers. Those dirty capitalists!
They were monopolies you idiot. Yes, yes, ignore the horrid wages, destruction of small businesses, etc, etc... Low prices always have a back story.. make sure to look at where that cheap shirt is made or that cheap phone ;)
Monopolies indicate they should have raised prices to maximize profit. But they didnt.
The wages were good by the standards of the day. That's why they had a steady supply of people wanting those jobs.
Small businesses flourished during that time.
Bullshit, a monopoly simply indicates a lack of competion or control of a particular thing, the profits were massive, come on now. Wages were good? Tell that to the industrial workers, the sweatshop workers, etc... Small businesses flourished? Back that shit up einstein.

That is like saying if no one can build a better mousetrap then the current mousetrap maker has a monopoly.

It doesnt matter how many people ND has. That is irrelevant. Wages rose there because of demand for labor, not labor unions.
btw, have any idea what a skilled electrician makes today, as compared to 40 years ago? And that's without a union.
China has lifted literally billions of people out of poverty by jettisoning the very programs you want.
Billions? LOOOOOOOOL. Wages rose in one state of 740,000 people for certain workers and this is a measure you use to ignore all of the contributions of labor unions and the better conditions of other countries with strong labor participation.
Sucks to be you:
The poverty rate in the world's most populous country fell by nearly three-quarters in the last six years, from 26% in 2007 to 7% by 2012, according to a different measure produced by Gallup.[4]

It is an example of demand for workers driving wages up. What about that do you not comprehend?
Doesn't suck to be me, you simply threw out the word billions, which is literally a crock of shit. Oh, guess what country poverty was also drastically reduced in? Venezuela, and the conditions of most workers in China is laughable, although, we must remember that I attest capitalism can reduce poverty, although we see capitalists shifting production when labor power gets to high in a particular country.
Exposing the great poverty reduction lie - Al Jazeera English
Yeah poverty declined in Venezuela. That's why they're fighting over toilet paper in the stores.
You're a joke. Go away.
Venezuela Leads Region in Poverty Reduction in 2012 ECLAC Says The Americas Blog Blogs Publications The Center for Economic and Policy Research
It did decline after Hugo, if you disagree with that, you're denying accepted facts. The whole "toilet paper" bullshit is idiotic rhetoric, at this point, venezuela has addressed the problem, then again, ignore all of the achievments of venezuela.

The only time you will ever see you precious Hugo Chavez is in hell

Like everything else you post, that is both wrong and ignorant.
Seriously? Tell me more about laissez faire America and free market somalia.

Is there mass starvation there? Do remember Ethiopia? That was caused by a communist regime.
Is there mass starvation in cuba or venezuela?

Forum List

Back