Compromise for my fellow Republicans

Yes, that is the FUCK YOU attitude I have come to expect from Republicans. The "I got mine, the hell with you" policies that have destroyed the middle class

You want people to have healthcare coverage give them your money. I want people to be able to buy their own healthcare coverage if that's what they choose to do. You are to demanding of other people's money when you aren't willing to share your's with others. I am willing to admit that I do not want to give my hard earned money to other people, You are a hypocrite because you want to take from others without doing it yourself.
I want people to be able to buy their own you want to take from others.

And in the world of healthcare from twenty years ago you could. Employers included health insurance as a low cost benefit to employees, usually picking up the whole tab.
With rising costs today, employers want out of the healthcare business. They alter hiring, reduce hours, hire people as independent contractors....all to avoid paying health insurance. The self employed and those who work for small companies cannot compete in the healthcare market

Who is able to step in and fill the void?

Yes.......the Government

Who else do you propose?

How about we get all the people that think people should have free health care to sign a petition and they can volunteer to pay extra taxes to go to a health care fund. The fund will help as many people as possible. This way those that want to give can give and those that don't won't have to. Then everyone is happy.

No one is stopping you from taking your money and buying everybody healthcare coverage. After all it's your money and are free to do with it as you please as for me LEAVE MY MONEY ALONE.

Yes, that is the FUCK YOU attitude I have come to expect from Republicans. The "I got mine, the hell with you" policies that have destroyed the middle class

Actually, it's the "you got yours and I didn't do shit and now I have nothing so FUCK YOU give me yours" that's destroying the country.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You can gather disciples, campaign, bloviate, make a profit, accuse and belittle with an uncompromising, partisan attitude.

The one thing you cannot do with that type of attitude in America is govern.

Sometimes compromise is go sometimes it ain't
Does the sheep compromise with the wolf?
Sheep and wolves do not govern constituents. Poor analogy.

Let me throw a question out there to the members of the Republican party and those who may vote for a Republican.
How does a sheep compromise with a wolf about what's for supper?
For those who are in favor of compromising their values with people they have nothing in common with, think about my question and put yourself in the place of the sheep. The wolf will be played by the GOP and supper will be your vote.

So... the wolf is the GOP, and a vote is what's for supper, and the wolf and sheep have to compromise over the vote?

Who are the sheep?

Why is the wolf the GOP?

Why is a vote something to eat?

Your whole analogy is quite bizarre bigreb, no offense. But if you were simply trying to ask about why someone should "compromise," then the answer will be varied. Some will compromise, some won't, and both will have their reasons.

For me, it's like this...

Anyone-But-Obama.jpg

Why is this question so complex to some?
The sheep and the wolf have the same goal in mind. That is to survive. But does the sheep compromise with the wolf?

I reject your imaginary notion that the GOP is a wolf and the voters are sheep. So, your question is pointless for me. Have a great day.

If we have learned nothing from both Bush Administration clusterfuck and the Obama Administration clusterfuck, it should be this. That government functions best when it governs for ALL Americans, not just the left or the right.

Compromise, rational thought and logical policies to support the citizens as they lead their own lives, free of interference from others.

You want people to have healthcare coverage give them your money. I want people to be able to buy their own healthcare coverage if that's what they choose to do. You are to demanding of other people's money when you aren't willing to share your's with others. I am willing to admit that I do not want to give my hard earned money to other people, You are a hypocrite because you want to take from others without doing it yourself.

And in the world of healthcare from twenty years ago you could. Employers included health insurance as a low cost benefit to employees, usually picking up the whole tab.
With rising costs today, employers want out of the healthcare business. They alter hiring, reduce hours, hire people as independent contractors....all to avoid paying health insurance. The self employed and those who work for small companies cannot compete in the healthcare market

Yes.......the Government

Who else do you propose?

How about we get all the people that think people should have free health care to sign a petition and they can volunteer to pay extra taxes to go to a health care fund. The fund will help as many people as possible. This way those that want to give can give and those that don't won't have to. Then everyone is happy.

That way I can drop my coverage. it's a win win for all rightwinger is happy because he's giving and I am happy because right winger is happy because he's paying for my healthcare coverage.:lol:

If we have learned nothing from both Bush Administration clusterfuck and the Obama Administration clusterfuck, it should be this. That government functions best when it governs for ALL Americans, not just the left or the right.

Compromise, rational thought and logical policies to support the citizens as they lead their own lives, free of interference from others.

Sometimes compromise is good, but when you have people who want to go a different way that goes against your values, do you compromise when you know it's the wrong way?

Sometimes compromise is good, but when you have people who want to go a different way that goes against your values, do you compromise when you know it's the wrong way?

What if there isn't a candidate who supports your values? How do you choose between the lesser of two evils? And since you seem to like to deal in absolutes here, not voting isn't an option. What do you do?

You can gather disciples, campaign, bloviate, make a profit, accuse and belittle with an uncompromising, partisan attitude.

The one thing you cannot do with that type of attitude in America is govern.

Of course they don't, it was an example of two things having the same goal in life (survival,) but two different outcomes

What if there isn't a candidate who supports your values? How do you choose between the lesser of two evils? And since you seem to like to deal in absolutes here, not voting isn't an option. What do you do?

You write that person in that does.

Of course they don't, it was an example of two things having the same goal in life (survival,) but two different outcomes
Would Liberals survive in a nation governed by Conservatives? I know that Conservatives pander to the fears in folks, so it's understandable that such fearful people would be willing to believe that Conservatives would perish in a nation governed by Liberals.

Your analogy ends in the death of the sheep. Your fears presume the death of Conservatives. It does not ring true to me because I am not persuaded by fearful politics.

Would Liberals survive in a nation governed by Conservatives? I know that Conservatives pander to the fears in folks, so it's understandable that such fearful people would be willing to believe that Conservatives would perish in a nation governed by Liberals.

Your analogy ends in the death of the sheep. Your fears presume the death of Conservatives. It does not ring true to me because I am not persuaded by fearful politics.

It does not ring true to me because I am not persuaded by fearful politics.

Really? Not even if obama starts beating those war drums used for Iraq and started beating them for Iran?

In reality, it's a question of integrity. The party has stated it's platform, you have agreed with that platform at least for the most part, possibly identifying with some positions more than others. Now if the candidate for that party does not hold true to the positions in the platform that you hold most dear, are you willing to set that aside and vote for him anyway? Or, will you vote for someone that holds those values anyway even if they no longer have a shot at winning? Personally, I believe if we compromise our integrity then we have already lost.

Really? Not even if obama starts beating those war drums used for Iraq and started beating them for Iran?
Moving the goalposts. But I'll play along. If the justification for war with Iraq is as flimsy, prevaricating and unjustified as the roll up to Iran was, I'd oppose him as I did the Bush administration. But Obama isn't running on a platform of war with Iran.

Moving the goalposts. But I'll play along. If the justification for war with Iraq is as flimsy, prevaricating and unjustified as the roll up to Iran was, I'd oppose him as I did the Bush administration. But Obama isn't running on a platform of war with Iran.

Moving the goalposts.

Hardly, after all you did say that
It does not ring true to me because I am not persuaded by fearful politics

I just wanted to see how true that was and from your reaction it not very true.

But Obama isn't running on a platform of war with Iran.
When was the first time obama said he was going to take military action before he did it? You do realize there is three fleets of ships off the coast of Iran right now.

At least Bush got authorization from congress before he did anything. obama hasn't.

In reality, it's a question of integrity. The party has stated it's platform, you have agreed with that platform at least for the most part, possibly identifying with some positions more than others. Now if the candidate for that party does not hold true to the positions in the platform that you hold most dear, are you willing to set that aside and vote for him anyway? Or, will you vote for someone that holds those values anyway even if they no longer have a shot at winning? Personally, I believe if we compromise our integrity then we have already lost.

exactly.

Yes.......the Government

Who else do you propose?

Where in all the healthcare debate has anyone said everyone should receive free healthcare?

Oh yea......you must watch FoxNews

Yes.......the Government

Who else do you propose?

Where in all the healthcare debate has anyone said everyone should receive free healthcare?

Oh yea......you must watch FoxNews

He did n't say everyone should have free healthcare coverage. What he said we get all the people that think people should have free healthcare coverage.
See how that works when you take something out of context and when someone else put's what was said back into context?

Last edited:

You write that person in that does.

And that accomplishes what exactly? Other than the possibility that the person you really, really did not want to get elected, getting elected. Now instead of screwing yourself a little, you just screwed yourself a lot. Not the best way to enjoy your moral high ground is it?

Forum List

Back