Comrade tells Intel chiefs to push back on Russia probe

The Republicans Just Scored a Spectacular Own Goal
Trey Gowdy and co. aren't helping themselves—or President Trump.

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

John Brennan, the former director of the CIA, stopped by the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday. He was there to talk about Russian influence in the 2016 presidential election. The Republicans on the committee responded by chalking up a bushel of own goals. Brennan set the stage in his opening statement.

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals. It raised questions in my mind about whether Russia was able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

Brennan also testified that he personally contacted Alexander Bortnikov, the head of the FSB, about the Russian meddling as long ago as the beginning of last August.

But it was under the questioning of the committee members, particularly under the questions of the committee's majority members, that Brennan discreetly released several kitties from the burlap. For example, Trey Gowdy, the lopheaded Javert of the endless Benghazi investigations, asked Brennan whether he had seen evidence of "collusion" between the Trump campaign and the Russians. This allowed Brennan to say that he saw evidence that "in my mind raised questions of whether it was collusion" and that he'd seen enough to encourage the FBI to keep "pulling threads" on that particular issue.

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Gowdy tried to come back later—he put on his big-boy prosecutor's voice—and he got some help from other members of the committee who kept yielding their time over to him so he could fish for whatever material the Russians might have had on Hillary Rodham Clinton. But he'd screwed up, and the bell couldn't be unrung.

Later, Congressman Tom Rooney, Republican of Florida, opened a door wide enough for Brennan to sail the Nimitz through.

Can you tell us that it's looking like the intelligence shows that Moscow was actually for Donald Trump and rooting against Hillary Clinton?

Anchors aweigh!

They believed that Secretary Clinton was going to win the election and so their efforts were to diminish her efforts and I believe they had a more favorable view of Mr. Trump and trying to increase his prospects and they probably felt that they were going to increase his prospects…They felt that Mr. Trump, being a bit of an outsider, that they had in the past good relationships with businessmen who happened to elevate into positions of governmental authority…I believe they tried to damage and bloody her before but I believe that, had she been elected, their efforts to denigrate her and hurt her would have continued during her presidency. If they did collect more information that they did not release, I think they were probably husbanding it for another day.

Please, Republicans, stop helping the president*. Keep this up and he's going to end his grand tour of Europe in the dock at the Hague.

The Republicans Just Scored on Their Own Goal

That's a big load of nothing. He admitted there was no evidence of collusion.

Brennan: Russia may have successfully recruited Trump campaign aides
The former CIA director also says the FBI probe into whether Russia meddled in the election is ‘well founded.’

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals,"
he told lawmakers. "And it raised questions in my mind again whether or not the Russians were able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

giphy.gif

That's a long winded way of saying "no evidence."

"May have" is another way of saying "no evidence."

Ex-CIA director John Brennan: 'Unresolved questions' about Trump campaign ties to Russia

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals," Brennan testified before the House Intelligence Committee. "It raised questions in my mind about whether Russia was able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

"I don't know if such collusion — your words — existed," Brennan told the committee.
"I don't know. But I know there was sufficient intelligence ... to warrant investigation by the (FBI)."

Ex-CIA director John Brennan: 'Unresolved questions' about Trump campaign ties to Russia

giphy.gif

impeach-trump-o.gif

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

John Brennan, the former director of the CIA, stopped by the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday. He was there to talk about Russian influence in the 2016 presidential election. The Republicans on the committee responded by chalking up a bushel of own goals. Brennan set the stage in his opening statement.

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals. It raised questions in my mind about whether Russia was able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

Brennan also testified that he personally contacted Alexander Bortnikov, the head of the FSB, about the Russian meddling as long ago as the beginning of last August.

But it was under the questioning of the committee members, particularly under the questions of the committee's majority members, that Brennan discreetly released several kitties from the burlap. For example, Trey Gowdy, the lopheaded Javert of the endless Benghazi investigations, asked Brennan whether he had seen evidence of "collusion" between the Trump campaign and the Russians. This allowed Brennan to say that he saw evidence that "in my mind raised questions of whether it was collusion" and that he'd seen enough to encourage the FBI to keep "pulling threads" on that particular issue.

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Gowdy tried to come back later—he put on his big-boy prosecutor's voice—and he got some help from other members of the committee who kept yielding their time over to him so he could fish for whatever material the Russians might have had on Hillary Rodham Clinton. But he'd screwed up, and the bell couldn't be unrung.

Later, Congressman Tom Rooney, Republican of Florida, opened a door wide enough for Brennan to sail the Nimitz through.

Can you tell us that it's looking like the intelligence shows that Moscow was actually for Donald Trump and rooting against Hillary Clinton?

Anchors aweigh!

They believed that Secretary Clinton was going to win the election and so their efforts were to diminish her efforts and I believe they had a more favorable view of Mr. Trump and trying to increase his prospects and they probably felt that they were going to increase his prospects…They felt that Mr. Trump, being a bit of an outsider, that they had in the past good relationships with businessmen who happened to elevate into positions of governmental authority…I believe they tried to damage and bloody her before but I believe that, had she been elected, their efforts to denigrate her and hurt her would have continued during her presidency. If they did collect more information that they did not release, I think they were probably husbanding it for another day.

Please, Republicans, stop helping the president*. Keep this up and he's going to end his grand tour of Europe in the dock at the Hague.

The former CIA director also says the FBI probe into whether Russia meddled in the election is ‘well founded.’

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals,"
he told lawmakers. "And it raised questions in my mind again whether or not the Russians were able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

giphy.gif

Seth Rich was the one that leaked the e-mails and he died for it......Russia had nothing to do with the fact that the DNC was exposed for being corrupt to it's very core. BTW, have you actually read some of those damning e-mails that Wkileaks released??? I bet you haven't....the truth would be too devastating to a "snowflake" like you.

(snicker)

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

Seth Rich was the one that leaked the e-mails and he died for it......Russia had nothing to do with the fact that the DNC was exposed for being corrupt to it's very core. BTW, have you actually read some of those damning e-mails that Wkileaks released??? I bet you haven't....the truth would be too devastating to a "snowflake" like you.

(snicker)

Bubba, are you one of Putin's paid trolls? Or just a Cheeto lover?

Seth Rich's brother pleads with Hannity to stop spreading conspiracy theory
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/23/media/seth-rich-family-letter-hannity-fox-news/

Fox News announced Tuesday it had retracted a story published last week that reignited conspiracy theories around the unsolved killing of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, whose family demanded an apology from the conservative news network.
Fox retracts, Hannity silenced on conspiracy about slain DNC staffer

lead_960.jpg

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

"I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals," Brennan testified before the House Intelligence Committee. "It raised questions in my mind about whether Russia was able to gain the cooperation of those individuals."

"I don't know if such collusion — your words — existed," Brennan told the committee.
"I don't know. But I know there was sufficient intelligence ... to warrant investigation by the (FBI)."

giphy.gif

impeach-trump-o.gif

In other words, no evidence.

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

impeach-trump-o.gif

In other words, no evidence.

YET, Don't worry the Cheeto is so arrogant, he'll probably give US some in his tweets :)

Trump Reportedly Asked Intel Chiefs To Publicly Deny Russia Ties | HuffPost

It is never the crime, rather the cover up that dooms the powerful.

If there's no crime, how can there be a cover-up?

Bubba, you're back? Good are you FINALLY going to address the FACT that 82% of Corp taxes are paid by CAPITAL (rich/"job creators") , and only 18% by labor (poor/middle class), OR ARE YOU GOING TO GO FIND A SAFE PLACE AGAIN BUBBA??
How conveniently you forget that "CAPITAL" is your grandmother's retirement pension, or maybe it's YOUR insurance company. Your argument is dumb .... and shallow.

Good little rightie who was going to show me how taxing Corps fall on the poor and I spank him with FACTS that according to multiple studies, including the treasury, 82% actually fall on OWNERS OF CAPITAL??? AND YOU DECIDED TO RUN TO YOUR SAFE PLACE RATHER THAN ADDRESS THE ISSUE ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD AFTER GETTING CALLED OUT??

But you right wingers MUST, at ALL costs push for the "job creators" to pay the lowest taxes on their millions and billions, as you gut the safety net for US and revenues to treasury!

Run along back to your safe space cupcake :)

5855979382e30.png

What a dumb ass .... you've been told three times that the so-called "owners of CAPITAL" - your favorite villain ISN'T all these 1%ers you're so jealous of ---- in fact, those owners of CAPITAL are average everyday Americans who are invested in pension plans, insurance policies, mutual funds, etc.

You are putting forth a six grade level argument - you have amply demonstrated that you don't understand how the real world economy works.

If YOU want a safety net for your family - pay for it. Quit begging - you're running around like a little boy begging for a dollar so you can buy an ice cream cone.

Man up ------- if you know how.

Benedict Donald will have his day

You just keep holding your breath and stomping your feet until that happens, princess.

Brennan stopped just short of collusion today. When Mueller gets involved, it will be over for the Orange Clown.

You mean he had to admit there was no evidence of collusion.

It's amazing how many different ways you turd have of saying that.

We are moving into obstruction of justice. More evidence, almost on a daily basis.
Can you show us that evidence?

Didn't think so.

Again, anonymous sources - fake news, in other words.

FOUR ANONYMOUS SOURCES ARE LYING BUBBA? LOL

C7oimuvXQAAC0No.jpg

No, douche bag, the Washington Post is lying. Their "government officials" are totally imaginary.

Your ESP working overtime Bubba?

giphy.gif

Not at all. I just look at their record of telling the truth.

May have ...

Could have ...

Might have ...

Now THAT is evidence!!!!:blowup::bsflag:

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

impeach-trump-o.gif

Seriously? LMAO!

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

(snicker)

Fox News announced Tuesday it had retracted a story published last week that reignited conspiracy theories around the unsolved killing of Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, whose family demanded an apology from the conservative news network.

lead_960.jpg

Seth Rich's family has a DNC "fixer" guiding the Seth Rich family....a spokesperson that specializes in crisis........why would the DNC be contacted by the D.C police to inform them that a P.I was on the case????? Hmmmmmmm? One can only guess.......

Trump Reportedly Asked Intel Chiefs To Publicly Deny Russia Ties | HuffPost

It is never the crime, rather the cover up that dooms the powerful.

If there's no crime, how can there be a cover-up?

Bubba, you're back? Good are you FINALLY going to address the FACT that 82% of Corp taxes are paid by CAPITAL (rich/"job creators") , and only 18% by labor (poor/middle class), OR ARE YOU GOING TO GO FIND A SAFE PLACE AGAIN BUBBA??
How conveniently you forget that "CAPITAL" is your grandmother's retirement pension, or maybe it's YOUR insurance company. Your argument is dumb .... and shallow.

Good little rightie who was going to show me how taxing Corps fall on the poor and I spank him with FACTS that according to multiple studies, including the treasury, 82% actually fall on OWNERS OF CAPITAL??? AND YOU DECIDED TO RUN TO YOUR SAFE PLACE RATHER THAN ADDRESS THE ISSUE ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD AFTER GETTING CALLED OUT??

But you right wingers MUST, at ALL costs push for the "job creators" to pay the lowest taxes on their millions and billions, as you gut the safety net for US and revenues to treasury!

Run along back to your safe space cupcake :)

5855979382e30.png

What a dumb ass .... you've been told three times that the so-called "owners of CAPITAL" - your favorite villain ISN'T all these 1%ers you're so jealous of ---- in fact, those owners of CAPITAL are average everyday Americans who are invested in pension plans, insurance policies, mutual funds, etc.

You are putting forth a six grade level argument - you have amply demonstrated that you don't understand how the real world economy works.

If YOU want a safety net for your family - pay for it. Quit begging - you're running around like a little boy begging for a dollar so you can buy an ice cream cone.

Man up ------- if you know how.

Oh goodie cupcake, you made it back from your safe space. You want another spanking huh?

FIRST YOUR PREMISE WAS TAXES ON CORPS HURT THE POOR, I SHOWED 82% OF TAX BURDEN WENT TO OWNERS OF CAPITAL!

The Top 0.1% Of The Nation Earn Half Of All Capital Gains

The top 0.1%-- about 315,000 individuals out of 315 million-- are making about half of all capital gains on the sale of shares or property after 1 year; and these capital gains make up 60% of the income made by the Forbes 400.

It's crystal clear that the Bush tax reduction on capital gains and dividend income in 2003 was the cutting edge policy that has created the immense increase in net worth of corporate executives, Wall St. professionals and other entrepreneurs.

The Wealth Distribution

In the United States, wealth is highly concentrated in relatively few hands. As of 2013, the top 1% of households (the upper class) owned 36.7% of all privately held wealth, and the next 19% (the managerial, professional, and small business stratum) had 52.2%, which means that just 20% of the people owned a remarkable 89%, leaving only 11% of the wealth for the bottom 80% (wage and salary workers).

Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

TELL ME MORE TRICKLE DOWN BS CUPCAKE :)

1000x-1.jpg

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

impeach-trump-o.gif

Seriously? LMAO!

Sure Bubs, but you being a right winger LOVES you some Russian's interfering with the US electoral process AND buying off the Cheeto's men!

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

(snicker)

lead_960.jpg

Seth Rich's family has a DNC "fixer" guiding the Seth Rich family....a spokesperson that specializes in crisis........why would the DNC be contacted by the D.C police to inform them that a P.I was on the case????? Hmmmmmmm? One can only guess.......

LMAOROG, For you Cupcake

5gzcn5aamxhx.png

FOUR ANONYMOUS SOURCES ARE LYING BUBBA? LOL

C7oimuvXQAAC0No.jpg

No, douche bag, the Washington Post is lying. Their "government officials" are totally imaginary.

Your ESP working overtime Bubba?

giphy.gif

Not at all. I just look at their record of telling the truth.

May have ...

Could have ...

Might have ...

Now THAT is evidence!!!!:blowup::bsflag:

Good thing it's only an investigation versus prosecution yet right cupcake?

Trump hiring Marc Kasowitz as personal lawyer for Russia probe: reports
Trump hiring Marc Kasowitz as personal lawyer for Russia probe: reports

maxresdefault.jpg

By Charles P. Pierce
May 23, 2017

GOOOAAAALLLLLL!

Anchors aweigh!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

impeach-trump-o.gif

Seriously? LMAO!
C7oimuvXQAAC0No.jpg

giphy.gif

(snicker)

lead_960.jpg

LMAOROG, For you Cupcake

5gzcn5aamxhx.png

JonKochsucking says? "There is no such thing as "conspiracies" unless it has to do with keeping leftards out of their rightful place in control!!!! It was the ROOSKIES that revealed the dirty dealings of the DNC and exposed their plot to steal the election and that is cheating when cheating is exposed!!!!!"

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12038117_10207857289377328_906883186108388670_n.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

impeach-trump-o.gif

Seriously? LMAO!
C7oimuvXQAAC0No.jpg
timthumb.jpg

giphy.gif

(snicker)

lead_960.jpg

LMAOROG, For you Cupcake

5gzcn5aamxhx.png

JonKochsucking says? "There is no such thing as "conspiracies" unless it has to do with keeping leftards out of their rightful place in control!!!! It was the ROOSKIES that revealed the dirty dealings of the DNC and exposed their plot to steal the election and that is cheating when cheating is exposed!!!!!"

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!View attachment 128498

lock-july-28-2016.jpg

where-are-all-the-trump-supporters-who-said-thatanybody-who-18830180.png

Forum List

Back