Congratulations Derek Carr

This is another $150 million dollar contract, with $100 million in the bank. The Saints have a legit defense.

I root for QB's who weren't appreciated at one franchise. I even rooted for Brady when he went to Tampa. Hell, I even rooted for Matthew Stafford when he let my Lion's team. Fuck the Lions. The guy wanted to win. So he went to a winning franchise. If he stayed in Detroit, you know what that means.

But I don't root for Russell Wilson. Well, maybe I do. That would be cool if he proved he still has it by winning another superbowl before he retires. So few QB's have won 2. I think Mahomes is the only active one now that Brady retired.

I'll reserve judgment on that one.....He seems the poster boy for mediocracy.
He is, his record reflects that. The market for QB's seems thin, so we will hear about Rodgers all summer. I can't believe the daily coverage he is getting on ESPN. I want him to the Jets, him and Josh Allen would be a highly anticipated match up

I root for QB's who weren't appreciated at one franchise. I even rooted for Brady when he went to Tampa. Hell, I even rooted for Matthew Stafford when he let my Lion's team. Fuck the Lions. The guy wanted to win. So he went to a winning franchise. If he stayed in Detroit, you know what that means.

But I don't root for Russell Wilson. Well, maybe I do. That would be cool if he proved he still has it by winning another superbowl before he retires. So few QB's have won 2. I think Mahomes is the only active one now that Brady retired.
I used to be a Wilson fan. The dude is a bona fide prima donna.

So it’s Rogers to the Jets ?

For the Jets right now, it is Rodgers or bust. Right now, it’s about waiting for Rodgers to make up his mind about the future, while working with Green Bay on terms that could make a deal work if it comes to that.

Rodgers turns 40 in December and is coming off a season where he threw just 26 touchdowns against 12 interceptions and the Pack missed the playoffs. Still, there is plenty of game still to be tapped there, at least if Rodgers wants to tap it.

Know what I think? I think Rogers doesn't have it in him anymore. He is now good enough to get a team to the playoffs but not good enough to win it all. I think he's playing past his prime for the money and attention. He'll play this out as long as he can.

I like when they said Instead, they tried to play the long game and wait for Rodgers to finish his darkness retreat and podcast tour and make a decision on his future.

I used to be a Wilson fan. The dude is a bona fide prima donna.

He came so close to winning back to back Super Bowls.

It's got to suck when your skills start to diminish and younger QB's are now better than you. Can run better, throw better, etc. I'm sure he still is a top rated QB but not what he once was.

Imagine if Aaron Rogers goes to the Jets and has the season Russell Wilson had last year. LOL. It'd be a failure. So Russell failed big time last year. Let's see next year.

He came so close to winning back to back Super Bowls.

It's got to suck when your skills start to diminish and younger QB's are now better than you. Can run better, throw better, etc. I'm sure he still is a top rated QB but not what he once was.

Imagine if Aaron Rogers goes to the Jets and has the season Russell Wilson had last year. LOL. It'd be a failure. So Russell failed big time last year. Let's see next year.
That final play against the Patriots in the 2nd Super bowl started his decline.

That final play against the Patriots in the 2nd Super bowl started his decline.
Reminds me of that Ryan guy on the Atlanta Falcons who blew the Super Bowl against Brady. Biggest come back ever. That guy was great and Brady stole his mojo.

Another time I saw this happen was Jim Harbaugh stole the Lion's head coaches mojo. Jim Schwartz. It was the year SF went to the Super Bowl. The Lions were a good team that year so was SF obviously. SF beat us at our home and when the coaches shook hands Harbaugh roughed Schwartz up a little. It was a little bit disrespectful. Like good job but I owned your ass! LOL. Schwartz lost it

1678197513724.jpeg

And he and the Lions were never good again after that game. The season fell apart. Classic Lions. Same Old Lions. SOL.

I'll reserve judgment on that one.....He seems the poster boy for mediocracy.
Could be. Things to consider with DC

The highest ranked Defense he's ever played with is 19th

He's had 6 HC. One fired right before or early in the season (I can't remember exactly when Gruden was fired)

I dont believe a single 1st round draft pick since he was drafted by the Raiders stayed with the team. They were either busts, traded or arrested.

Also things to consider.

The Saints are a mess right now. They have had a huge amount of money tied up in dead cap since Brees retired. They will have to that again cutting Winston, and a number of other players to get their cap numbers in line. I believe they also traded away a bunch of their picks going all in with Brees to try and win another championship. So while the roster looks good it's going to look worse going into the future.

Forum List

Back